5 random stuff about me

Tandom stuff
Richfield, Utah
Ok, while dinner is finishing cooking, I figured I'd list 5 random things about me. Since I have been having so much fun reading everyone else's posts. So, here goes: 1: I had dislocated hips at birth. What's called hip dysplasia, I was in a big plastic hip brace till I was a year and a half old, which made it so fun for my mother to diaper and potty train me, and also to learn to walk. My mom always joked she had to triple diaper me. I had no idea that later on, it's a genetic thing, and my oldest son would have the same thing, except he had a shallow hip socket, requiring corrective surgery at just 3 months old. 2: I almost got suspended from school in the 8th grade just for witnessing a fight. Yup you read that correctly, luckily, it was just a misunderstanding, the vice principal at the time gave me the benefit of the doubt knew that I was not the fighting type, so she let me go. 3: I have never broken a bone, but to this day I have had stitches in my upper lip, stung by a bee 3 times, including in the eye, been hit by a car once, did a 360 flip over my bike and scraped up my face pretty bad, passed out twice, and dislocated my kneecap once 4: I have had glasses since I wss 11 years old in the sixth grade, thats about the time the geek librarian was born... lol 5: I always joke about being short and little, I just stand at a whole 4ft 10 in tall, but I later learned that short height runs in my mom's side of the family, line us all up together we all just and at under 5 ft tall. But hey, little things are cute, right!? Picture was taken last Halloween lol
Nice picture. Ive never been stung by anything but fractured my right wrist around age 10
• Richfield, Utah
Thanks, never fractured anything either
@librarygeek1980 thats good
@ramapo17 (23344)
• Melbourne, Florida
How did you fracture your wrist @Courtlynn?
You had a little adventure going on in your life. I broke my foot. I did not go to the hospital though a dr found me on the street and took me home.
• Richfield, Utah
Wow, so how did your foot get reset?
@ramapo17 (23344)
• Melbourne, Florida
That must have hurt.
I had club feet when I was born and had to wear casts up to my hips until I was 2. I don't remember any of that though! Interesting to learn about you
• Richfield, Utah
Ugh, that sucks, I don't remember any of my hip brace either, but I have seen pictures of me, plus my mom has told me stories. Thanks!
@ramapo17 (23344)
• Melbourne, Florida
My nephew was the same way. I remember him with the brace on his shoes keeping the feet apart.
• Richfield, Utah
@ramapo17 I remember it was heartbreaking to see my oldest get casted up for that. Even more heartbreaking to see the scar where the doc went in and repositioned the hip into the socket
Nice pic! Looks like you had a blast that Halloween!
• Richfield, Utah
Thank you! I did have a blast! Both me and my daughter went as Harley Quinn last year
@librarygeek1980 I was about to mention that! Who dressed up as Joker?
• Richfield, Utah
@allen0187 haha, my 13 year old son did, lol.
@KristenH (23707)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Wow. You've been through a lot, even since birth. Good to know this about you.
• Richfield, Utah
Yup, but compared to others, I really haven't been through that much....
@KristenH (23707)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@librarygeek1980 You're a tough cookie.
@ramapo17 (23344)
• Melbourne, Florida
@librarygeek1980 You have a good attitude. There are always people that have issues worse than we do. Some people do not feel that way though.
@mandala100 (39371)
@librarygeek1980 Thank you for sharing part of yourself my friend.
• Richfield, Utah
You're welcome, I may do more later on....
@mandala100 (39371)
@librarygeek1980 No problem my friend and I'm looking forward to more of those stuff about you Jennifer.
• Richfield, Utah
@mandala100 awesome
I've been wearing glasses since the fourth grade. Couldn't see the board.
• Richfield, Utah
I couldn't see the board either, genetic nearsightedness
@ramapo17 (23344)
• Melbourne, Florida
Wow, that is kind of young. Good thing you realized that so young.
@dollaboy (6232)
I have heard that, Small things come in small packages and I agree to that today
• Richfield, Utah
Awe, thanks!
@sishy7 (27653)
I enjoy this - it's nice to find out random stuff about you!
• Richfield, Utah
Thanks , glad to share it..
You are one of the wee people!
• Richfield, Utah
I welcome you to munchkin land !
@mawdest (1473)
• Orillia, Ontario
Good picture! I like all the facts, always interested to learn about you!
• Richfield, Utah
Awe thanks! you're welcome, I may be doing more of these fun at random facts as time goes on. Welcome back! Did you enjoy New York?
@mawdest (1473)
• Orillia, Ontario
@librarygeek1980 For sure! Nice, I look forward to that! Thank you very much! Yes, I much enjoyed the trip. I am going to try to post a little bit about my trip some time today or tonight, I suspect. Thanks for asking!
• Richfield, Utah
@mawdest awesome glad you enjoyed your trip, I look forward to hearing your posts on how it went
@JeeyanDee (2722)
You look like Harley Quinn in the photo, so cute! About the height thing, I guess we were deemed prety enough that we no longer needed it
@JeeyanDee (2722)
@librarygeek1980 Yep, i totally agree. Give the height to those who need it because we no longer do.
• Richfield, Utah
@JeeyanDee lol, why mess with perfection?
@JeeyanDee (2722)
@librarygeek1980 Plus I heard Cleopatra herself was just 5ft so... I don't care if it was centuries ago, she was still 5ft.
@YrNemo (11747)
Wow, the camera person did a good shot there! I thought you were at least 5'2 there. If you didn't mention your oldest son, I would have thought you were 14 in that photo (you are only 14, right?). I feel for your mother, the way you had accidents here and there. (Does it mean that bees love you or something? )
• Richfield, Utah
Hahah! Thanks, no I really am 37, at least that's what it says on my drivers license and birth certificate, lol the stitches in my upper lip is from my own mother setting me on the table at a year old, I fell off. That's how it was inn the early 80s. We get a lot of bees in utah
@ramapo17 (23344)
• Melbourne, Florida
@librarygeek1980 Don't believe the birth certificate, you are only as old as you feel.
• Richfield, Utah
@ramapo17 lol, then that tends to fluctuate!
@ramapo17 (23344)
• Melbourne, Florida
You certainly had an interesting beginning.
• Richfield, Utah
Yes, I did, lol genetics are something, aren't they?
@ramapo17 (23344)
• Melbourne, Florida
@librarygeek1980 You are so right saying that.