OMG!!! I thought I was done with babies! *SHOCKED!*

PrettyEvil already into mischief! Picture is mine.
By DE
@DaddyEvil (22403)
What would your reaction be if you were 53 and were just presented with a newborn? What would you do if there were more than one? I was not supposed to be able to have more babies! You just can't trust doctors anymore! SMH!
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Sorry. Can't help you out. The missus and I are done with babies. We are willing to visit with grandbabies on a strictly short-term, temporary basis as long as there is no crying or pooping. Crying and/or pooping grandbabies will be immediately returned to the parents. Parents must remain at our home as long as the grandbabies are visiting. Now, when they become housebroken, er, potty trained, we might be willing to extend the visits to include overnight stays sans parental units.
• Denmark
Strict rules!
If we'd had grandchildren we'd have adopted these rules.
@ramapo17 (19100)
• Melbourne, Florida
Awww, you are no fun.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Congratulations! Love the way the nurse was able to make the picture look so "vintage." That's a precocious looking newborn. I see genius in those baby eyes.
@vandana7 (57512)
Shhh...that is photoshop. SMH. I like the way babies hypnotize you with their looks. When they open their mouths to show they are toothless....babies are lovely..they also smell nice..Johnson's baby powder...all soft soft...I love the way they hold on to your finger. Hero would not leave my finger when he was young. It was like some previous birth relationship. Even now, he likes to stay at my place, but his folks don't allow him. It is as well, because I don't know how to discipline children.
@DaddyEvil (22403)
@vandana7 Correction, my dear! That is clumsy photo shop, thank you!
• Pleasant Hill, California
@DaddyEvil Where are the photos? I like babies!
What kind of babies are these and who is the cute baby in the picture!
@DaddyEvil (22403)
The "cute" baby in that picture is my daughter, Pretty, when she was around a year old, I think. Thank you for calling her cute! You are entirely too smart for your (or my) own good! (grinning and teasing you!)
@DaddyEvil When will we see the "baby" pictures?
• Calgary, Alberta
@paigea I am sure the baby in the picture is not me . . . This is me pictured above
How many babies are you having!
@DaddyEvil (22403)
Why would you ask that, Michelle? Would you like to adopt one of my babies? (I am sure you would make a great mommy! )
@DaddyEvil I'll borrow and baby sit but not keep. I am not mommy material *yet*
@DaddyEvil oh my ! You can count them? They're so small how do I keep the water temperature that rate?
I can't wait to see some pictures of these "babies"!! =)
@DaddyEvil (22403)
Yup! You are right, these newborns were MUCH easier to acquire than your new baby, Jennifer! (Congratulations (belated) on your newest family member) I just had to look into my Guppy tank to see I had become a step-dad again! (There are only three pictures I could get to show my little darlings. The rest were too blurry. I posted them on this thread somewhere, if you feel like looking a bit. One photo is in @SonjaRae's box, one in @infatuatedbby's box and I thought I posted one in @velvet53's box, but I'll be durned if I can find that one! I wonder where it went?.)
@poehere (17878)
• French Polynesia
Oh wow, what a shock this one must be. If you are willing to fly them to Tahiti I will take one of them off your hands and raise them here on the islands. We could use help in the organic garden once they grew up some. Plus my boyfriend would love to have one around. We do miss them. (not so much me. My daughter just turned 41 this year and I am just a few years older than you.) I was a single mom all of her life and after she grew up she had 2 of her own. I do miss the two grandkids and my boyfriend loves children. He would take good care of your baby for yuou.
@DaddyEvil (22403)
Oh, WOW! Do you mean that, Ann? If you do mean it, I will fly out with a baby for you right away! (I am a little lost since I have only ever had one baby at a time before! Multiple babies just dumped on me is a bit taxing! Especially at my age!)
@poehere (17878)
• French Polynesia
@DaddyEvil What are the genders of your babies. You never told us that. Also, how old are they? My boyfriend will be excited to have a new baby in the house.
@DaddyEvil (22403)
@poehere The babies are 3 days old now, Ann... I can't tell you their genders yet. I won't know that until they are 30 days old or a bit older. (They must begin to show color before it is obvious if they are boy or girl.) I've posted several photos of them on this thread if you want to see them!
@Platespinner (18563)
I would have been delighted to be faced with a surprise extra child. And in all honesty if someone handed me one now (my childbearing days are over thanks to the less than pleasant onset of early menopause a few years back) I would be absolutely delighted. Babies I can handle....the current juvenile dog in my home, on the other hand, drives me absolutely bonkers at times.
@DaddyEvil (22403)
Would you be interested/willing to adopt one (or more) babies, Joanne? (grinning nervously at you!)
@DaddyEvil I would, but only if we're talking human babies
@DaddyEvil (22403)
@Platespinner Oh! Well, I guess I will keep my baby Guppies, then... SMH! (Spoilsport! grinning and teasing you!)
@SonjaRae (5794)
Well personally I can't at 54, having 3 grown children and 5 grand children, and having my tubes tied at 26.....I never wanted any more children. I would drive myself to clinic and terminated the pregnancy!
@DaddyEvil (22403)
Uhm... you can't terminate a baby! This passed the pregnancy stage this afternoon! I had a vasectomy when I was 23!
@SonjaRae (5794)
@DaddyEvil oh my goodness well congratulations! As this was the first I had heard about it I thought you were advising that the test was just positive.
@DaddyEvil (22403)
@SonjaRae The babies were the first I had heard about this, Sonja! Believe me, if I had heard about this before now everyone on myLot would have known about it WELL before now! (I am sorry, but I am still not sure if I should thank people for the congratulations... )
It sounds like a bit unexpected, but this is such a huge and wonderful curve ball that life has thrown you. Congratulations Daddy!
@DaddyEvil (22403)
Yes, that is one way to say that! Thank you, Julia! I appreciate that!
@DaddyEvil (22403)
I thought I should clarify something for you, @Juliaacv. The babies that were given to me were baby Guppies. They are adorable, but not *quite* as cute as newborn humans! There are several pictures posted on this discussion now, if you want to take a look.
You are kidding right?or did a girlfriend present you with the newborn.
@DaddyEvil (22403)
These babies were totally unexpected, Kandase! What am I going to do? *not totally panicked, but close!*
@DaddyEvil (22403)
While I wasn't kidding about getting handed babies, @Kandae11... I might have been doing a bit of spoofing on this thread... The babies that were given to me were baby Guppies. They are adorable, but not *quite* as cute as newborn humans! There are several pictures posted on this discussion now, if you want to take a look.
@dollaboy (6323)
Congrats DE. Enjoy the moment. There is no age for becoming a father
@DaddyEvil (22403)
Thank you! Uhm... I have already had all the babies I thought I would ever raise! My youngest is my daughter, PrettyEvil. She is 29 years old. My oldest is my son, Ricky. He will turn 37 in a few more days. But these were totally unexpected!
@dollaboy (6323)
@DaddyEvil Great, Enjoy the moment
It looks like your better half brings this baby and surprises you. Such a huge decision to be taken without consulting you is not good.
@DaddyEvil (22403)
Hmmm... I can't agree with saying anyone is my better half, allknowing, but I do understand what you meant. I think the decision should have been discussed at least some before this happened! SMH!
@LeaPea2417 (15388)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I would be shocked & not too happy because I really don't want another baby or babies at my age. I am 53.
Now I'm shocked at you! Now what am I supposed to think? Whoever that little cutie is, he/she has already stolen my heart.
@DaddyEvil (22403)
LMAO! That "little cutie" was Pretty, a long time ago, Valerie! Well, several of the myLotters thought my vasectomy had reversed itself! (I can promise, I will never have another child, at least not the natural way! ) Did you go down this discussion until you found a photo of the babies I was talking about?
@DaddyEvil I just scrolled down and didn't see any other babies. Am I missing something? Pretty was a cutie. I had a feeling that was her. You're a riot, but that's why I love you.
@DaddyEvil (22403)
Baby Guppies. picture is mine
@just4him Well, if you didn't find any of those babies I will supply you with another photo of them! They are tiny, though! You can enlarge the photo on myLot to help you see the sweet darlings! LOL! (That is not quite the name I called them on this discussion, somewhere! )
@Gillygirl (15290)
• Sutton, England
Oh dear. Now what have you been up to?
@DaddyEvil (22403)
Yeah, I WISH! (I haven't had THAT kind of action in... WOW! I ain't telling you how long that has been, Gillian) You might tease me about my virginity growing back! I am fairly sure I am not an ancestor to these babies, though! (Nothing like THAT flying around in my room, as far as you can tell!) I don't think a female Guppy could do anything with my DNA, anyway? Unless you know something I don't?!
@Gillygirl (15290)
• Sutton, England
@DaddyEvil Aww I wouldn't tease you. So you now have little fishies?
@DaddyEvil (22403)
@Gillygirl Yes, little tiny beautiful fishies, Gillian!
@Lucky15 (33691)
Hmm, oh, who is in this picture?
@DaddyEvil (22403)
That picture is Pretty when she was about one year old. It was the only baby picture I had at such short notice!
@Lucky15 (33691)
@DaddyEvil hahaha. she is so adorb
@DaddyEvil (22403)
@Lucky15 Thank you, Reine! Would you like to adopt a baby? It seems I have spares right now!
@sishy7 (27353)
Whose newborns were they? Were they twins? Oh... it's your pet shark's babies, no?
@DaddyEvil (22403)
No, hon... my sharks are still less than (I think? I should check that!) eight months old, so aren't old enough to have babies yet. I really don't want my sharks to have babies, either. I will need to separate them when they are a year and a half old to guarantee I won't get shark babies! If I end up with more shark babies you KNOW vanny would never set foot in the U.S.!
@sishy7 (27353)
@DaddyEvil She'd be too scared to use your bathroom with tub full of sharks... Yeah, I figured out what they were and I think you owe a few of the responses here some explanation...
@DaddyEvil (22403)
@sishy7 Yes, I do agree, so that is what I am working on right now, Dearheart! (I started to do that last night but fell asleep... Just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer! I hope nobody minds) Uhm... wait a minute! Are you telling me you'd keep baby walking sharks in your tub? You do realize they could climb right out of a tub, right? You REALLY want @vandana7 to run home screaming at the top of her lungs, don't you!? (I'd be willing to bet her feet wouldn't even touch the tops of the waves, she'd be running so fast! Hmmm... you are giving me some fun ideas)
lol, I am guessing this is a joke (if not grats!)
@DaddyEvil (22403)
LOL! Yes, the babies that were presented to me were baby Guppies. I was given a total of 34 babies that morning. (still grinning and enjoying teasing people on this thread!) I would definitely let you adopt a few of my babies, if you were interested, Jess! Right now all the babies are in a separate tank from the adults. The original babies born in the parent's tank did fine hiding in the artificial plants I have in that tank. But those were the only babies to survive being born and raised with their parents. (I think the babies that survived in the adult tank learned how to maneuver through the artificial plants, so they were able to catch and eat the subsequent births.) Pretty and I had decided to only let one female have babies so we had gotten a birthing tank ready. Then two of the females (still in the female only tank) had babies. I just happened to see two babies floating near the top of their tank, so started "rescue" efforts. (I believe 34 survivors is a decent number when I was competing with the adults in finding the tiny darlings. At least I wasn't hunting for them so I could have a light snack, like the adults did!) I am also surprised the sharks are still ignoring everyone else in their tank. (In the wild, the sharks consider everyone else, food! Not here, at least so far. (The sharks prefer the pellets over the live tank mates. *shrug!*) I have no idea!
@DaddyEvil I... don't know what to say. Oh wait, yes I do, sounds like a fishy sitcom!
@DaddyEvil (22403)
@Jessicalynnt LOL! That's okay, Jess! (I think I said enough in my last comment to you for both of us for quite some time!)
I know where I have been and know that can't be. Especially when I am female and would have to know. Hehe
@DaddyEvil (22403)
(grinning at you!) Yes, that would be one way to make sure whether or not something like this happened to you, CelticEagle! But since I can't have more children, the arrival of 32 newborn Guppies still took me by surprise! Would you be interested in adopting one or two of them?
@DaddyEvil .....That is a lot of living organisms to have around and be responsible for.
These are going to be kittens or somesuch aren't they?
@DaddyEvil (22403)
I am so sorry, Judy! I have no clue how I missed your response here. Yes, my babies are Guppies! (grinning at you!) This discussion was so much fun and still is fun to go back through again!