Internet behaviour

Paris, France
So i have been thinking about 'internet behaviour' issues. I just saw the comnets of a post on my blog on a controversial subject and the commets were controversial as well. So 2 guys were 'comment fighting' and it got ugly. I read all of it. For 2 days they were wishing each other death and diseases. Really nasty. And then... Surprise! They find out they are both working for the same company in the same building! all of a sudden they start to apologize and invite each other for lunch... That makes me wonder...is the fact of being anonymous breaks our values? Why when somehow you find out that the person u r talking to is a real person and not just a profil pic then you behave differently? Does internet ruines our manners and our ability to make a civilized discussion?
@Prshnth (945)
• Bangalore, India
I think on internet our ego is much higher than in real life
• Paris, France
Right! Its easier to be rude when its not face to face
@dollaboy (6232)
I think you are right but we should try to be polite and friendly with all even on Internet.
• Paris, France
True. Its a growing way of comunication and we forget we are all people
@dollaboy (6232)
@Mona_li you're right. Happy day to you
• Paris, France
@Paige32 what do u mean?
@ARIES1973 (9531)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Our true personality can be measured by how we act in front of people whom we do not know. We don't have the right to be rude to anybody, whether we know them personally or not.
• Paris, France
I guess (hope) they learned a lesson
I think you've found the answer to your question yourself. Yes to all of this.
• Paris, France
Really sad...we should not forget tgere r real people behind theses keybaords
@millie02 (6908)
I once had a blog where people posted nasty comments , they did not use their real names of course and I never found out who they were.
• Paris, France
Imagin if you do?! Could be wired
That is a good one to ponder. I wonder how they really felt inside that they turned out to work for the same company and in the same building. I bet if they did not find that out they would continue to yell and each other. I guess it depends to me what people are looking for on the internet. If it is learn new things then that is something else, but, if they are learning bad things then that is not good.
@Rhombus (356)
• South Africa
I have no idea why people would be rude to someone they don't even know. The person could he going through a really tough time and the cyber bullying could really affect them. Maybe I'm old school, but I do believe if you have nothing nice to say - rather say nothing.
• Paris, France
So true. If being kind is old school then its really sad...
@Rhombus (356)
• South Africa
@Mona_li Internet is full of trolls, it's very sad.
• Bournemouth, England
I have seen the occasional forum where posters could only use their real names. The discussion got a little heated sometimes but not disrespectful.