All Inclusives....DON'T HAVE YOUR WEDDING THERE

@tallawah (8391)
Kingston, Jamaica
A friend of mine was going to book an All Inclusive for his wedding. I practically got on my knees and begged him not to. Being intelligent, he listened and instead of going to Name Brand Hotel found a nice guest house. His wedding was perfect because... 1. It was not on a Conveyor Belt All Inclusives have as many as Ten different Weddings per day. Most in the same spot. Meaning; if you are booked at 10 am and want to wait for your Grandmother, your wedding will be Cancelled. Your wedding MUST begin at a specific time and end at a Specific time. No delays are acceptable. 2. Guests were not limited by how many he can pay upfront for This means if you don't have an extra $100 lying around, that unexpected friend or family member CAN NOT attend 3. He Could have the meals he wanted There are a limited number of restaurants and catering at All Inclusive. If you don't pay that bit extra, your wedding supper will be at the Tex-Mex. 4. His Wedding could last as long as he wanted At All Inclusives all weddings begin at a particular time, end at a particular time, and the guests are to leave by a particular time. How Do I know this? I have suffered at a number of conveyor belt weddings and can tell you how really awful they are.
This is valuable advice for whom it may concern.
@tallawah (8391)
• Kingston, Jamaica
I hope enough people read this and instead of an all inclusive choose a more cosy guest house
Sounds like he made a better plan after all.
@tallawah (8391)
• Kingston, Jamaica
His wedding was the best I have ever been to. He had a lot of guests and the catering was perfet.
Oh my , I didn't know this. I hope to be married again, and want a beach wedding, so this is good to know!
@tallawah (8391)
• Kingston, Jamaica
All you have to do is check the various guest houses... his was in Ocho Rios. It was like he owned the hotel...