Don’t worry if I don’t follow you, because I follow you anyway!

@ridingbet (49544)
There are some users whom I don’t follow, but I do follow their discussions. I guess it is in the topics they discuss that I find myself getting engrossed with reading their discussions. There are however, some whom I follow that I have not been connecting with them for quite some time now. Maybe one reason is, they respond with single or 2 words only, and for me, I would prefer long comments that would engage me in an interaction. If a discussion is answered by a yes or a no, then for me, that is already the end of the interaction. I still want to interact and question, but when I read a response of “thank you for dropping by”, I would think of that as the termination of my interaction with you, so I leave the discussion and go to another. But don’t worry; I follow you with your discussions, even though I don’t follow you.
I'm one of those weirdos that doesn't follow anyone, but I show up everywhere. I'm constantly scrolling the 'Most Recent Discussions' list looking for something that catches my attention.
It's the most recent discussions tab for me as well.
@ridingbet (49544)
i do that too. now, i try to refrain from checking the newbies' discussions about "being new here and want to ask more about how to earn" in this site. i appreciate a few here who are so generous to always explain the guidelines
@ridingbet (49544)
@toniganzon me too, i usually scroll down the latest discussions, and sometimes the new users' as well.
@JESSY3236 (6224)
I don't follow alot of people on here, but I do read the all activity of follows.
@ridingbet (49544)
yes because we can learn new knowledge even from someone we don't follow here anyhow.
I fully agree with you, "thank you" is not a comment and there is no way to start a discussion if someone only leave a couple of words as a comment.
What about if someone says, I can't relate but saying hi?
@ridingbet (49544)
i read a discussion of a newbie who always commented on that 'thanks for dropping by'. if i read that response, i will probably not read the next and previous discussions anymore.
@ridingbet (49544)
@toniganzon in my own opinion, saying 'hi' is his manner of getting more acquainted with the author of the discussion, but maybe the next responses won't be directed or connected with the topic of the post. maybe it will be "had lunch"?
• Rochester, New York
I agree with you there. I'm not following everyone who is following me but that is because I haven't gotten around to it yet. The ones who give the one word answers tend to get unfollowed if that continues. I understand that sometimes you don't know what to say at times but I would rather get a generic answer instead of one word.
@ridingbet (49544)
right, and besides, even if we have no followers, it does not mean that we cannot interact with others.
@bluesa (13427)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, I am not certain who I am following but I know I have those here that I interact with whether I follow them or not. Had a busy day and connection problems, will try to be back later. Have a good Thursday, Ingrid.
@ridingbet (49544)
hello. my Thursday was a toxic duty day, but i am happy it rained, so it cooled my head. hahah!
@bluesa (13427)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@ridingbet , oh dear, sorry. I hope your Friday will go better. Yes, thank goodness for cooling rain sometimes
@ridingbet (49544)
@bluesa i had fever and chills last night that was why i did not go to church. i want to sweat. i took paracetamol for fever.
I am pretty sure you do follow me and if not it is okay but those single worded answers do tend to axe the rest of the conversation . . .
@ridingbet (49544)
that is so true. i believe there are a few here who comment with single words, and i lost my interest in communicating back, because it can be the termination of my interaction with him/her.
@ridingbet when I see the single word commenters, I do tend to still make a comment that acknowledges their acceptance or denial, but further investigate why they feel so compelled to react in that way by engaging in further discussion
@ridingbet (49544)
@enlightenedpsych2 that is right. but i also have the notion that commenters who respond with single words are showing the boredom so they can just leave the discussion.
I think I might give too long a reply but can't help myself. It seems I am in a mania stage and am either talking too much or writing too much? At least according to my case manager who calls it pressurized talking. You might now what that is as you are a nurse, a good one, too.You never saw my emails to a dear friend and my sister they must be pages long! I hope i can eventually get rid of this stage
@ridingbet (49544)
i recall you, my friend. and i even made some comments about your avatars, and i remember one comment from you that you changed your 'heart' avatar in a specific month. i really like to read long and pertinent discussions. it further enhances my thinking and learning processes and comprehension as well. it is okay if you have that pressurized talking. we can have that stage of mania too.
@ridingbet I like long comments too it seems like the person has more to say about the subject which means at least to me, that the person put a lot more thought into the subject. Yes I changed my heart in a certain month and I always mean to change according to the season and/or the month but I have been negligent lately. I am going to try and keep up with it. I don't think there is any special holiday or season for August??
@ridingbet (49544)
@Marty1 hahah! well, here, it is our city's feast day and down town, a big portion of the city proper has the streets blocked due to the selling of items and goods. but i don't intend too, to change my avatar because of the city feast day.
I have tons of people that I 'follow' and tons of 'followers' as well but I find myself 'following' only a handful of people. By 'following', I mean people whose posts I read and reply to.
@ridingbet (49544)
we both belong. i do not follow per se, but i follow the discussions of many.
I'm very selective with the people I follow but like you it doesn't mean i don't interact with those i don't follow.
@ridingbet (49544)
yes, because i can read, like, and comment on a discussion that benefits me, or so.
@mandala100 (38839)
@ridingbet That's really make sense my friend. And how are you doing today?
@ridingbet (49544)
i am off, and it is my TV watching day as well. i have a discussion too about followers and following.
While I was taking my bath, I saw some black ants moving a trail down from the shower curtain. They were just about 10 black ants and they seem to be following...
@mandala100 (38839)
@ridingbet Thank you for the link my friend.
I do follow those people who have responded to my post. I have followed those whom I responded but they seemed not taking to respond back to me..and I don't stay long in mylot because i get distracted with some thing else on the net.
@ridingbet (49544)
there are some whom i don't follow, but i do follow their discussions. i guess it is not about how many followers one has that can measure his achievement here, but on how many responses he can have through interaction.
So, I know now why you follow me! I comment long. Just like you, I like following members who really interact with me also. They become my close friends here. And one of them is you, friend.
@ridingbet (49544)
hahaha! i like you as a good friend, my lady. i appreciate you and your friendship even though virtual only. yes, i do prefer reading long comments or even 3-5 sentences. i get to know a part or portion of their lives.
You have a good plan in place regarding the way you interact on myLot.
@ridingbet (49544)
yes, i do that. i check on the latest discussions and react on some, even those whom i don't follow.
I'm half amd half, sometimes I'll respond to those comments - other times i wont. Just like sometimes i write them, but sometimes dont. Depends how into the convo i am.
@ridingbet (49544)
right, and if the discussions are already stereo-typed, i try to skip one and move to another.
@Shee93 (4)
Hello. This is me trying to Interact with you. I'm new here and kind of confused, well just a little bit. Maybe within few hours I will be okay.
@ridingbet (49544)
you can interact with anybody here.
I understand. A thank you isn't a way to have a discussion, however, sometimes there is nothing more to be said.