Blocked On MYLOT - At Last I Know Why

Blocking
Uzbekistan
I've already written a post on blocking. It was about the strange phenomenon that blocking happens without the blocker knowing about it. I found out via a third party that the blocker - a member I know and am on friendly terms with - didn't see they had blocked me. Yet, I did. Another problem out of the glitch drawer. What is also fascinating is being blocked by members one has never had any contact with. This happens occasionally with newbies. I want to leave a comment - my first one ever for this member - but can't because they've blocked me. Someone once supposed that this was some kind of statement, namely, to leave one's mark on the site and make oneself interesting for the community or something like that. I don't understand this and refuse to occupy myself with such twisted minds. The other day, however, I found myself blocked by a member I've known for some time. I've never argued with them so I was surprised and asked a friend to ask them for the reason for this action. What came back was this. "I did block her because she was annoying me..but I can unblock her if she will not be commenting negatively. I don't like that. You may pass the message along." After thoroughly thinking this through, I told the intermediator to send this message back, "The member MALUSE prefers to stay blocked as she doesn't want to be told what kind of comment she is allowed to send." Where am I? Is this a kindergarten? Do I have to stand in the corner for misbehaving and am allowed to come back and play with the others only when I've promised to speak positively about the kindergartner and praise their work? The myLot Guidelines begin with the words "myLot is a friendly community..." Is that a synonym for sucking up? If my nonsense detector starts vibrating, am I not allowed to react? I've never insulted anyone intentionally and am going on writing and commenting as I've done for one and a half years. If you can't stand my way, block me. I'll feel honoured if you do. There are enough members who enjoy my brill posts and witty comments. :-) --- Photo: pixabay
Yes, no way should a user change their ways if their ways are not breaking a rule of any kind here. Comments come in all varieties, and if all comments were similar, what a boring site this one would be.
@kobesbuddy (59182)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I agree with you, Deborah! I'd be heading to a different site, if all we shared was gooey, sticky responses!
@kobesbuddy I would follow you, my friend!!!
@kobesbuddy (59182)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Corbin5 Awe, thank you! That was so kind of you to say this:)
@Asylum (48215)
• Manchester, England
I cannot understand why members have a problem with negative comments. The important factor is whether the comment adds anything to a discussion. Providing that the comment is not offensive, I welcome disagreement on my discussions. This often adds another outlook to the discussion, which can only be good.
• Uzbekistan
Just what I think. But obviously, some members prefer flattery even if it's false.
@Asylum (48215)
• Manchester, England
@MALUSE Personally I value honesty far more than flattery.
• Staten Island, New York
Some people can't take negative comments very well. Or they think they are always right and when someone thinks they are not they can't handle it.
@sol_cee (18426)
• Japan
You seem to come off too strongly sometimes. I guess that's when you're misunderstood. :)
• Uzbekistan
@sol_cee Indeed. Why don't you give some examples?
• Uzbekistan
@sol_cee I'm waiting! I really want to know.
I'm with you. If people don't like me, they can ignore me or block me. One person blocked me because I said that Gatorade wasn't a health drink. Another one because I said "who cares what God thinks?" Whatevs.
• Uzbekistan
Wonderful! One has to see the funny side in this. Then there's an extra portion of amusement to be got out of myLot.
I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over it. There are plenty of people in this world who are kind and thoughtful, and plenty who are oddballs and dullards. Such is life.
@nanette64 (18182)
• Fairfield, Texas
That's a shame @MALUSE . On the other hand, if someone can't take what you say; well then too bad. This is after all a "discussion" site. My advice to 'that' person? Suck it up.
• Uzbekistan
@nanette64 @kobesbuddy Thanks for the support!
@nanette64 (18182)
• Fairfield, Texas
It is surely a lot better to stay ourselves than to change only to please someone. I only blocked two member in 2 years, the first time a man who wrote a highly offensive post toward women and the second, a member who only showed up to write silly posts to troll the other.
@vandana7 (68972)
Now..that is the spirit...I feel I have been blocked unwittingly by one myLotter, who is ill right now..and we have never argued. But for those others who feel they don't enjoy my company ..I should say be my guest or don't be my guest..lol
@Poppylicious (10076)
I've never understood the concept of blocking someone on here. Especially over silly little things.
I agree with you no one should be telling you what you can or can't write, who needs them??
I agree completely. Why should you be anything but yourself when you comment?
There are a couple people here that are so mentally messed up that there is no reasoning with them, its their way and no one else in the worlds way, selfish and self centered.
The greatest block for me at all times was when the user blocked me and immediately went on saying rude things about me in a discussion where I could not defend myself The only reason why I could tolerate that was because I have placed that person in the 'imbecile' category
@PatZAnthony (13234)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
You are right @MALUSE there are plenty of people here who won't worry about comments they don't agree with, so don't give it another thought.
@kobesbuddy (59182)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Good grief M. L., we ARE allowed to disagree on this site! If we are to be completely honest with fellow members here, being in total agreement with everything that's said, would be telling a 'blatant lie!' A true friend, tells us the truth, even when we'd rather not hear it:( Keep up the good work!
• Uzbekistan
Thank you for the encouragement!
@kobesbuddy (59182)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@MALUSE I figured this out a while back, not being in agreement with others, doesn't mean that I'm the one who's wrong!:(
@kobesbuddy (59182)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@MALUSE And you are very welcome!:)
I agree with you. I don't let blockers bother me, usually they have nothing I'd want to read anyway.
• Uzbekistan
Yes, indeed. That's the best attitude. I don't have sleepless nights because someone doesn't love me here. :-)
Exactly @MALUSE heck, I haven't blocked anyone yet, what's the point, right?
• Uzbekistan
@rebelann It seems to give satisfaction to the blocker.
• Lenox, Georgia
I appreciate honest responses but not rude ones. There is a difference and some people don't know how to draw the line between the two. I have taken you wrong before and I asked you what you meant. Turns out, I took your comment completely wrong-not the way you meant it! I don't block lightly-but if someone is constantly rude I will.
• Uzbekistan
I'm glad that we could 'iron' this out. If you don't see someone in a conversation and don't hear the tone of voice in which something is spoken, misunderstandings can arise.
• Lenox, Georgia
@MALUSE Yes it is hard to know how to take things at times. That's why I usually ask unless the person is always rude...then I know what's meant by it.
@lovebuglena (7727)
• Staten Island, New York
Now I've never blocked anyone so not even sure how one blocks another person; but could it be that some people (newbies perhaps) block others because they do it by mistake, without realizing that's what they are doing? Just because someone receives a comment from a person that is not to their liking doesn't mean that person should get blocked; not unless that comment belittles them or hurts them in some way. We should be able to speak our minds (positive or negative) without getting blocked for it.
• Uzbekistan
When I go to your account page, I see your pic on the left and three boxes on the right side. "Follow / Send Message / Block" That's where you can block someone.
• Staten Island, New York
@MALUSE Oh. Good to know, though hopefully I won't need to block anyone.
I hear that loud and clear. I am of the opinion that if you don't think you will like the answer then don't ask the question. When you are posting in large forums you should be prepared for good , bad and indifferent answers or responses. I my responses displease someone, then I would hope they could tell me and then I would make sure the roses had no thorns if I felt the need to respond to them.
• Uzbekistan
Thanks for the encouragement.
@depromise (238)
• Lagos, Nigeria
why would someone block another person? I hardly see people quarrel on my lot. i think some people way of reasoning is beyond human imagination at time. especially when there are no good reasons for taking some kind of actions.
• Uzbekistan
On the whole, myLot is a peaceful site. No open backstabbing here. Yet, every now and then, a member needs to block somone to feel good.