Catching up.

A lot has happened since I last wrote. We moved from the house with the land lord issues to a beautiful apartment in a nice neighborhood. I'm continuing with my studies, declaring a psychology minor this summer. I've made some new friends, lost an old one, and I've found out that depending on the reason, losing a friend isn't always a bad thing, especially when that person is hurtful and controlling. I'm also thinking about selling Avon again, if for no other reason than I miss being able to order it for myself without a representative. Have any of you ever sold Avon? Were you successful? If so, what are you doing that makes your business work? I would definitely be interested to know.
@mandala100 (50448)
@rockerangel Hello and welcome to myLot my friend. I'll see you around and enjoy the rest of your day.
Thank you.
@mandala100 (50448)
@rockerangel Your welcome my friend.
@PatZAnthony (12970)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Someone we knew sold Avon and said-don't ever let anyone, including friends, get the products before they pay. Sad to think that even friends (and family in some cases) will ignore the balance owed!
That's true, especially when the representative has to pay up front for the products. A friend of mine lost fifty dollars that way.
I have never sold Avon, but a neighbor used to sell it, but it got to be a bit too much for her. I think delivering all orders to her home on Saturday and Sunday caused her to have to be at home on the weekends.
That would be annoying although when I sold it before I rarely got a weekend delivery so maybe they changed their policy because representatives were complaining about it.
• Uzbekistan
I could never talk people into buying cosmetics.
A lot of women find it more convenient to buy through a representative than to go to a store and store brands are often very expensive. However, I definitely understand your point. Selling is definitely not for everybody. If I weren't into perfume and cosmetics I wouldn't even be thinking of doing this.
@sishy7 (27598)
Welcome back! All the best with your studies and tentative Avon selling...