The fact of the matter is a lot of us need a new home

@Jackalyn (6677)
Oxford, England
Every so often the urge towrite something creative on Mylot gets to me. I am, like many here a person who is frustrated that all the places we used to put our creative stuff shut down/cheated us or look like potential cheats. But this, I hear people say, is a discussion site. I understand. It is like some of us are refugees who are here and love it but still long for our new writing home where we can really be ourselves but still visit an awful lot. Here is my thought. If Mylot works then it works whatever gets written. That got me thinking and dreaming and hoping and maybe even pleading. Please can we have a second Mylot with the same alogorithm. That could be the creative site for the writers and still we could be here and everyone could be happy and it would be like living next door and we could all be friends and hop on over and visit for a chat or a story or well please can the only website working for anyone who writes anything discussion of story or article or whatever help us writers out? I would start a writer's site myself but I am not clever enough with the alogorithms.
I feel like myself in Mylot already so I don't need a second Mylot. But if you want to pursue writing by being yourself and not getting cheated or shut down, then blogging is still the best way to do it.
@Jackalyn (6677)
• Oxford, England
The point about blogging is you do not get the interaction. It is not an ideal alternative. Nor am U talking about regular blogging. It is nice to put a poem or story here but people do not like it if you do it a lot as it is not a discussion.
@Jackalyn so you mean there used to be creative writing sites where people had interaction and it was also paid site? which activity was being paid - posting the piece or the interaction? where did the money come from?
@Jackalyn if they don't like it that's their problem. If admin hasn't deleted your discussions, then you can keep posting as you were.
@depromise (246)
• Lagos, Nigeria
well it all depends on people because different people have different time to spend on my lot. some may have less time to write a blog or a creative write up.
@Jackalyn (6677)
• Oxford, England
Yes but then those who would would and those who did not want to woukd not so there would not be a problem.
• Lagos, Nigeria
@Jackalyn so I think no need of having different my lot or opening another discussion site DAT works like my lot for the sake of creative discussion. those who always like the creative discussion will always like it and those who like other kinds of discussion will have their choice if discussion too.
@Jackalyn (6677)
• Oxford, England
@depromise Every so often someone posts this is a discussion site not a site for writers. A lot of us here like to do both. I was just thinking of a way everyone could be happy.
I can see how those who want to do some serious creative writing are yearning for a site to showcase that work. Visiting back and forth from the discussion site to the creative writing site is a good idea, but I wonder if folks would just stick to the one site in which they are most comfortable.
@Jackalyn (6677)
• Oxford, England
Would it matter? Personally I would use both.
@Jackalyn I would use the quick and easy discussion site more than the creative writing site, I would think. It depends upon where a persons interests lie, I suppose.
@mandala100 (25369)
@Jackalyn Are you leaving myLot my friend? And creating a similar site exclusively for writer only? Thank you.
@Jackalyn (6677)
• Oxford, England
No. Read more carefully
@mandala100 (25369)
@Jackalyn Thanks for the advise and I read your post/discussion between the lines and maybe I Iost your thoughts in the air my friend.
@GoAskAlice (4178)
Why do you feel that you cannot do your creative writing here?
@Jackalyn (6677)
• Oxford, England
I do feel I can put some but a lot of people prefer this as a discussion site so longer stuff rarely works.
I think this site works whichever way it is used. Maybe people need to be a bit more daring and adventurous and be a bit more creative. I wouldn't have time for a different site {which is what it would essentially be}!
@Jackalyn (6677)
• Oxford, England
Someone jumps in with "this is a discussion site"
@hereandthere (24123)
what kind of creative writing - fiction like short stories? poetry?
@Jackalyn (6677)
• Oxford, England
Yes.
I put fiction here from time to time but I guess I don't over do it - and I keep it short. I hear what you're saying though