Do you feel good whe somebody praises you ?

@alienstar (5140)
think for a moment and tell me...do you alway's feel good when others praise you....! is it the weekness of human being? Don't you "Praise" is the sweetest of all sounds...what do you say here? give me your views...
@hopeful28 (1439)
Yes, I definitely will feel good when somebody praises me, unless I know for sure that it is only lip service. Otherwise,it really lifts my spirits that somebody appreciates something about me and takes the trouble to tell me so. I am well aware of my faults and strengths so I should know whether the praise is sincere.
@alienstar (5140)
It is common for everyone as it feels good to be praised isn't it? then, when too much praise comes from somebody, it will be really difficult also sometimes to judge whether that praise is genuine or not...don't you think so? beacause some people also look into taking advantage of such situation and might look into their advantage to get some things done by you... Anyway's, thanks for responding
@ssh123 (31100)
Who will not get elated for showers of praise? Definitely it does a lot good to boost morale, confidence. But the person who praises should be sincere in his compliments. There are people who want to get their things done with another person and just keep praising him. That is not advisible and acceptable.
@alienstar (5140)
Everybody will feel good when they are praised isn't it? and even you and i are no exceptions here.But, when peopel do praise someone without any reason, i think we should be more carefull as there might be some hidden motivation behind this for sure...and as you said, who know's these people might be wanting their things to be done...isn't it? Anyway's, thanks for responding
yeah, i feel on top of the world especially when praise is from parents side
@alienstar (5140)
Ok that is cool.Parents won't harm you in anyway...isn't it? but, when the praise comes from anyone of your friends or from your mates, do you get carried away...? it's natural to get carried away isn't it? who doesn't like to be praised afterall isn't it? but, when you get praised for doing nothing, you will really have to think twice...don't you think so? Anyway's thanks for responding
@totolotto (711)
yes i feel good... but the praise must be genuine...
@alienstar (5140)
Don't you think a praise coming for nothing or at everything is dangerous.I alway's feel that, if anybody praises you for doing nothing or sometimes even at at everything, then they must be after something...exploiting out weekness to their advatange...what do you say for this? Anyway's...thanks for responding
it will depend on what is the praises about...if it's on a good job done or something that is true, then i will be very flattered. but if it's some praises to get into my good book, then i will not be happy!
@alienstar (5140)
Yes..you are 100% right as usual... We should always be careful when somebody praises you for nothing or at every thing just because,they might be trying to exploit your weekness....isn't it? Anyway thanks for response...
@Sir_bobby88 (8244)
Yes , but it will normally last for a short time , but when you hate a person , you might hate it forever yea
@alienstar (5140)
Making friendship is easy ...but , maintaining friendship is difficult.So, my friend...if you have any close friend of yours andif any misunderstandings come between you, try to mend it instead of breaking it immediately which you might regret later.In this life, there are some good people who are worth keeping for life an dif you have anyone, you should be very lucky. So, likewise, as you said "Praise normally lasts for a short time" only for some things.Sometimes, a simple praise on you in front of the crowd might leave an life time impression on that person..isn't it? don't you think so?Anyway's , if you have done something great and somebody prases you, it is well and good and if you get compliments for doing nothing, then there is no "WELL" and there is no "GOOD" in that....isn't it? just think on that....why you are being praised for doing nothing...think of the motivation behind that.... Anyway's thanks for responding.
@comrade (339)
Yes, as a suman beign I would feel good and encouraged if someone praises me. In return I also give out praises to somebody who has achieved or done something that is good.
@alienstar (5140)
That is so nice of you.You seems to be a very nice person...i appreciate you for being a nice person.Feeling good when somebody praises you is ok...but, please don't get carried away,as this simple nature of yours might be exploited by some bad elements.Judge the person who is complimenting you.Maybe, if you know him well you can judge him fast and also if you don't know him and if he is praising for nothing, then there lies the problem.... so, be carefull in life..please don't get carried away...ok Anyway's thanks for responding.
@Jshean20 (14367)
Overall I feel really great when someone praises me, however I feel reallyshy and uneasy if they praise me infront of other people...I'm not really sure why.
@alienstar (5140)
Oh...there's nothing to worry in feeling great when somebody praises you as everybody are of your nature only.But, feeling shy...well, you got to change this attitude for good.But, you should be wary of people praising you for doing nothing..... If you get carred away at those situations, it is little dangerous in life as people might take this weekness of yours to their advantage which you should be carefull of. Anyway's thanks for responding.
yes it feelsgood, the humans brain is really under pressssure & work only bcozit wants appreciation, without it i dont think wewould want to do anything & it is the main coz of lies yes if u concider lieing as a bad thing then it is a week ness
@alienstar (5140)
Hm...interesting....as you said, i agree that everybody needs praising ...but, i also feel it should not be a weekness that can be exploited by others easily...isn't it? don't you think so? some people will try to get those weekness in others to exploit and use it for their success.....so, one feeling good for praising is ok and i think one should alway's see the circumstances around and even be able to judge the person who is commenting.Sometimes, if you see someone praising you for doing nothing...then maybe, he is trying to get something from you exploting your weekness......don't you think so...? Anyway's thanks for responding.
@macubx (11422)
yes, hehe im fond of it, that is why i love becoming famous...
@alienstar (5140)
hm....it can a human weekness also if you start getting more excited on hearing to people praising for anything.,...soemtimes, even for nothing...
@macubx (11422)
@alienstar (5140)
Myself I get embarrised when I get a compliment. I do things because I enjoy doing them. I work at a nursing home not as a CNA but as a nurses service assistant. That is a person that makes beds, passes pitchers of ice to the rooms, help serve the breakfast and lunch trays. Since I do enjoy my job I am always looking for ways to brighten up the residents day. I read to them about twice a month and just love it when I watch their faces as I read. If they need something that I can do I just do it and don't think about it. People have come up to me and made comments about how good I am around the residents and I just get embarrised. This is what I like to do and it takes nothing for me to interact with these beautiful people. Anytime I get praise in any situation it embarrises me. The instince I just mentioned is just one of many.
@alienstar (5140)
I think you are taking too much here andi also feel you should change a bit here.Since your profession is like that you do get appreciations for good work and you should feel happy for that and you should not feel embarrased for that and i really don't think why you have to feel embarassed for such things....! only if you get praised for no reason, then getting embarrased is fine otherwise getting appreciation for good work is cmmon and you only have to learn to expect these in life....
Thank you for your comment. I have been working on that aspect of my personality. I know I do excellent espeically when it comes to helping people out. Thank you and it gave me something to think about.
@alienstar (5140)
It seems that you are a very helpful person and i can definitely tell that people like you are very rare in this world...you helkp others and don't expect to even praised for your work isn't it? i am just imagining here..how beautiful the world might be if there are more peopel like you....isn't it? anyway's it was nice to hear yoiur comments and about your good work..keep it up Anyway's, thanks for responding
@Lovely_Lady (1524)
Well, of course it would be a good thing. I would like to be appreciate for all my efforts and things I do in life and it's a real cool feeling. I'm sure everyone is different and would take things differently. Some people can be shy or nervous and others than be really joyful and happy about it. It's all how you look at it. It can be a weakness but really it's how you look at the person who is praising you and what you really think of the person when they make a comment or praising you. I don't believe everything I hear but they all do sound good. Know what I mean? We as human always want to hear the things we want and sometimes it's not even true. But just having that good impression.
@alienstar (5140)
Praise is a nice thing to hear from others isn't it? if it is a genuine comment, you don't have to worry but if the comment is intended for some other purpose, then there is somehidden motive behind that comment and you have to be well aware off isn't it? theer are many peopel trying to take advantage of you andyou have to be on your guard... then, as you said if you know the person very well, then you don't have to worry about it Thanks for responding
@fariawala (119)
• Pakistan
it really hurts but i like it :)