Welcome August !

August 2017
Denmark
Now August is here, We said Goodbye to July. It'll be back next year. Northern hemisphere - That means summer holidays. Winter in the south. Do you swim or hike, Relax on your balcony? Whatever. It's good. Stop work for a while. Put away your mobile phone. Try to think nothing. Yet some myLot posts Just every now and then May be permitted.
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
Humm I live South of the Equator so that means summer is almost here. We are ending our winter months on the islands and heading to summer. I know nobody around would ever call my winter, winter. Here on the islands the sun is nice and warm. However, the days are shorter and we do have some winds that pick up from time to time. Normally our winter months are the dier months of the year. We don't seem to have as much rainfall as we do during our summer months. But now is the time we head to New Zealand to get in some skiing and some winter activities. At this time of the year we take advantage of the days with less humidity and try to do more outside. Have a great day.
• Denmark
Great heat and humidity would kill me. I'm a one for a temperate climate.
@poehere (12132)
• French Polynesia
@MALUSE I love it here and now I am so use to this. it is normal to have warm days where I can go fishing and jump in the lagoon when ever I want. I love it here and could never imagine living in the cold again.
I wish I could swim but I have no access to a pool.
August is summer's last hurrah, and we really should try to enjoy all it has to offer to the fullest.
We're enjoying our northern hemisphere summer and when we get back to Australia, we'll almost be into a southern hemisphere summer. It's pretty cool not having a winter.
• Denmark
I don't imagine the Australian winter to be harsh. What is it like?
@MALUSE Compared to Europe, Australians in most areas would be very mild. We might get a few frosts through the year but that's about it. Quite a bit of rain from time to time but nice sunny days from time to time as well.
• Denmark
@JudyEv Thanks for the info. Have you ever experienced 'real' winter?
@vandana7 (53678)
Ok...so now you are writing poems..:) Summer is terrible. Head and humidity...work moves at snail's pace, everything spills over to next month...I barely managed to do a few things last month...I have three big things to do this month after that I would be on auto pilot till December.
• Denmark
Fear not, I don't consider myself a poet. If I feel like writing something poem-like, it's always on the light and funny side. I never read poems here which are written in a serious mood.
@vandana7 (53678)
@MALUSE .. Jabo does not always write seriously...
• Denmark
@vandana7 That's why I read her poems. She's got the right attitude.
I am in Portugal now and August came rather cooler than July. Light rain, and temperatures are around 19 degrees Celsius. I am happy to say I will not miss the Pakistani weather, or the Cypriot one for that matter.
• Denmark
Portugal sounds definitely better.
@MALUSE how is it in Germany? I hear the climate is cooler as well than some European countries.
• Denmark
@thehousewife Central Europe is more or less alike. Cooler than the countries south of the Alps and around the Mediterranean Sea.
• Rochester, New York
I am rarely on my phone unless it's to talk with my nieces or I'm sitting at work on break, then I'm playing one of the games. When I'm home I only use it to snap pictures and post on Instagram. No access to a pool unfortunately and the closest lake is too yucky to swim in.
• Denmark
@LisaSteinmetz @sharon6345 A plastic pool in the garden maybe to lie in and keep cool?
@MALUSE I am on the 12th floor lol. no garden here. Oh how nice that would be.
@dramagirl26 (3362)
• Ringgold, Virginia
I need to put away my mobile phone every once in a while to enjoy the fine moments in life.
• Denmark
Yes, do that. You won't regret it.
I never leave my room. Used to mountain bike. Mylot alot. Soon to be fall here.
• Denmark
Goody!
As I read this we are nearly halfway through August
@PainsOnSlate (18331)
I love the summer too...It is a delightful time of the year.
July has been a good month, August has started as hot as hell, today I will spend the hottest hours of the day for their air conditioning. From Monday it will be back to normal temperature.
• Riga, Latvia
Nice tribute to August. I never worry when a month starts figuring there is plenty of time to get organized. I start to worry in the middle of the month and begin panicking as the month draws to a close
I still have much to do before Winter and August is the month of heat here to get it done.