Slightly Annoyed

Begonias in my garden
By Jabo
United Kingdom
I know that when someone drops off the site we wonder where they are, so I'm just letting you know that I'm taking a break for a while. I'm quite busy with other things, but what really decided me was the fact that one of my old posts was deleted. I occasionally go back to read my old posts, and found that one was missing. It was a limerick where I was poking fun at those bimbos who artificially enhance their 'upper regions' (must be careful what I say!). It was neither lewd nor titillating, but Alex said that even though it was clever and funny, it could be viewed as bordering on the 'adult'. They are trying to keep the site at a 'pg' level, or lower, which is fair enough, but it was on the site for 18 months/2 years before being deemed unsuitable. There were a lot of fun comments on it with a many of you jumping in left, right and centre with your own limericks and jokes. I'm not too bothered about the post itself as I have a copy of it, but of course all the comments are lost for ever. I'm not really cross, just slightly annoyed and have decided to take a break from the site after I've replied to any comments on this post. (Unless it's deleted of course, in which case I may not be back at all). As Captain Oates said - "I may be some time".
I'm sorry your post was deleted. =( I wish you weren't leaving but I hope you come back again soon.
@LovingMyBabies Thanks Jennifer.
• Denmark
That's shocking news! I'm surprised that you were give a reason. I thought posts were deleted just like that and we were not allowed to ask why.
@MALUSE As I didn't know exactly when it was deleted, Alex didn't have time to go back through all the records so I sent him the poem. His response was as I stated in my post.
@CoralLevang (40896)
If we are not allowed to ask why on this site, then I will be deleted and time and time again! Just like I've been deleted much of my life for asking that same question! @jabouk
@owlwings (38187)
• Cambridge, England
@MALUSE Of course we are allowed to ask why a post was deleted! That has always been the case (though it hasn't always been easy and, in the past, many queries did go unanswered but that was before we had a regular and approachable Admin.). What one never do, however, is to start a discussion asking why a post was deleted! All it takes is a message to Admin and he will respond when he next logs on.
I am so sorry this happened. Sometimes it is best to step away for a bit to collect one's thoughts and focus on other things. I do hope return after a little time away. I never read any discussion by you that was deserving of being deleted.
@Corbin5 Yes, that's just what I'm going to do - step away and freshen myself up. Thank you.
@dgobucks226 (6818)
Sorry to hear that! I have not been on My Lot very long but we've responded to each other's post a bit. Someone said time heals so maybe in time...you'll reappear again. I'll be waiting
@dgobucks226 That's a nice thing to say, thank you.
Oh, my! I'm so sorry to see you leave, but understand your sentiments. Please hurry back. You will be missed by so many.
@DianneN It's so sweet of you to say that Dianne, thank you
@jaboUK Sniff, sniff. I meant what I said.
I hope you only take a short hiatus as I'll miss you and your posts. Sorry your post got deleted
@Marilynda1225 Thanks Marilyn, I think the best thing for me is to be away from the site for a while.
• Riga, Latvia
Aww sorry to hear that. Well do what you have to because life does not revolve around myLot only. Hope you'll be back in autumn some time. Take care.
@RasmaSandra You're right, there is life beside Mylot, and as you know, I have another site.
Oh no, you've never written anything that was lewd .... you hinted towards that direction but your limericks were never lewd. Now I'm upset. It's the comics in the responses and comments that are the most fun sometimes. What a shame.
@rebelann I've never crossed over the line, as you know - that's not my style. It was the one with the title inspired by you, and there were so many really funny replies on it. I wrote a spin-off post in which I highlighted the repartee on it between Asylum and me, and that's still there.
I remember that one @jaboUK I don't recall the exact limerick but boy were there some really funny responses and comments on it as well as some really funny limericks by you and others, they should have simply told you what was wrong so you could have edited it before destroying some really funny discussions that it generated. That was the kind of post most people dream of creating, where all kinds of people get together with their own funny limericks and comments. I wish they had contacted you about it before they did this.
@rebelann Yes. it would have been good if they had contacted me about it, but their policy seems to be that they delete as they see fit, no discussion.
• Eugene, Oregon
I don't blame you for being annoyed, though only "slightly." We will miss your funny limericks while you are gone. I suppose some very straight-laced reader must have reported your post. Some people have little or no sense of humor. Maybe you will keep writing while enjoying time away and return with a barrage of humor for us? By the way, do you plan to see the new Dunkirk movie? I thought of you when it came out. I will see it soon.
We saw it recently. While I was not a part of that world and that age...I have grown up reading a lot of ww2 books. The movie captured the human essence of the war
• Eugene, Oregon
@responsiveme I am looking forward to it.
I am so sorry to hear this. I hope that you shall return and you will be missed while you are away
@Tampa_girl7 Thank you Marie.
@jaboUK please do come back. Mylot would not be the same without you
Take the time you need but I hope you return sooner than later.
@andriaperry Thanks so much for your encouragement, I just need some time away.
@vandana7 (57524)
Aw...sorry about that....your limericks are fun..
@vandana7 Thanks Vanny. I honestly don't think the limerick would have offended anyone, unless mentioning bosoms is considered so. Alex did say that admin may be coming across as 'prudish', but they want to keep the site family friendly.
• Denmark
@jaboUK Someone should listen to what children talk about in elementary school. Talk about family friendly!
@sugartoes (34812)
• Greencastle, Indiana
aw now I know how that feels when something like that happens, but don't feel bad it happens to the best of us now & then don't leave us cause of that. we ALL love you no matter what there's others reasons to stay than to just leave.
@sugartoes I doubt that I'll leave altogether, but I just feel the need to be away for a while. Thanks for your lovely comment.
@sugartoes (34812)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@jaboUK sugs your what makes our day & if you leave we will be lost without you, so PLEASE stay if you don't want to write awhile then that's fine too.
@sugartoes I may pop in from time to time without writing anything myself, I'll see.
@poehere (17879)
• French Polynesia
That was the major reason I stopped coming here for over a year. For a time, it seemed anything and everything I was writing, no matter what was being deleted. Plus the fact of a few heated attacks and some other stuff make me leave out of here. I am sorry your post was deleted because you are such a clever writer. It has been some time since we last talked. I am not sure how long I will be back it all depends on a few factors on the site. So far it is OK, but like you know things can change from one day to the next.
@poehere I've been here pretty constantly for nearly 3 years, so it won't hurt to get away for a while. I hope you're still here if I do come back.
@poehere (17879)
• French Polynesia
@jaboUK I hope to see you again. I wrote you a farewell limerick to say good-bye. I can understand and I hope that your time away will bring you happiness.
@poehere How sweet of you, I'll come and read it
How come it would happen? I like your posts and limericks very much and have learnt a lot from them,especially I love reading those posts in which you recollected your childhood days. I sincerely hope you will soon be back here!
@changjiangzhibin89 Thanks Chang, the post they removed was just harmless fun and it had over 80 responses on it. I'll probably be back after a while.
@jaboUK Glad that it isn't too long before you are back.Recently I spend less time on here than before due to the hot days.
What goes and what remains is a mystery to me here. I no longer worry about these things as many a time what i thought was not fit for this site has remained. So do not worry and do not leave and if you leave then it shows your weakness. Why should you punish yourself?
@allknowing I can't agree with you that it's a weakness to leave, it just means that I'm not very happy here at the moment.
@jaboUK I have been unhappy quite a number of times too (lol) There was this voluptuous female in a bathing suit and that was her avatar. I reported and promptly came something in defense of that avatar.
Nice of you to let us know your plans. We won't worry and wonder. I can see the point of the site to keep things on PG basis and I sure agree.
@celticeagle It's natural to wonder where people are if they are 'regulars' on here, so I thought it only fair to say what I am doing.
@jaboUK .....Very responsible of you.
@sol_cee (13625)
• Japan
It's my kind of topic so maybe I made a comment there. Sigh.
@sol_cee You probably did - there were over 80 responses on it.
Well that is unfortunate! I hope you decide to come back.
@snowy22315 Thanks Snowy, just need some time away.
@LeaPea2417 (15410)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Sorry about that. I hope you are not away from here long.
@LeaPea2417 Thank you, I'll see how I feel.