Why Can't You Be More Like Your Brothers?

I bought the yellow daisy plants at the beginning of summer. All three plants were right next to each other on the shelf and all three are of the same variety. For some reason, unbeknownst to me, two of the plants are doing quite well, but one is a pitiful sight. All three plants receive the same amount of water, sunlight, fertilizer, and tender loving care. Perhaps the two yellow daisy plants in the urns think better of themselves due to having urn-status, and perhaps thinking better of oneself causes a plant to thrive. Also, the urn plants are in the front yard, and the plant in the plastic container is in the backyard. It could be, in plant world, that front yard trumps backyard and location influences growth. I sure do wish the plant that looks pitiful would be a bit more like his brothers and sprout a daisy or two.
Well I believe as you said Deborah...I think the fancy urn plants are indeed feeling superior and showing it too. What an experiment you have done! So the back of the house may not be as good a growing spot as the front. The plant in the middle is a dear little fellow anyway.
Yes, I am quite fond of the one in the middle. Oh well, he did grow well, with daisies, at the beginning of the summer, but I do believe the bullying he gets from those other two just made him too sad to grow.
@ramapo17 (22583)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Corbin5 We all seem to favor the middle guy.
Maybe there is a worm in the pot. You could change the soil and see what happens.
I never thought of a worm being in the pot. I will take a look, and if a worm is found, new soil for that little one. Thank you!
@vandana7 (62544)
I think shortage of correct fertilizer is the thing...I would think magnesium is missing..but @LadyDuck is the gardener as is JaboUk.
Well, I will do my best to provide for that little fellow. He sure did well at the beginning of the summer, but no so good now.
@vandana7 The fertilizer is not the problem here, because she uses the same for all the plants and only one has the problem. Plastic is the problem.
@vandana7 (62544)
@LadyDuck ...Wow...you are amazing Anna..simply amazing. :)
@mandala100 (36112)
@Corbin5 You are right my friend and I hope that the smaler daisy planst will be able to catch up my friend.
He did well for quite a while, but for some reason, he has given up.
@mandala100 (36112)
@Corbin5 Yes my freind and I think you need to give him some "plant-talk" my friend.
Plastic is possibly the problem, during the hot days it does not allow the soil to "breath" and the roots suffer, but also the position is very important for the plants. Most potted flowers like the morning sun. Try to change the container and move the pitiful plant in the same position of the others.
I do have a non-plastic container. I will give that a try. Thank you for the tip, my friend!!
@Corbin5 Two years ago, during a heat wave, I noticed that the only plant I had in a plastic container was dying. I moved it to a terracotta containers and in a few days the plant was vigorous again.
Aw man. I hope he grows soon.
Well, he started off doing well with daisies, but I think his feelings have been hurt and he has given up.
@Corbin5 boo. Not cool
Poor little guy. Shame on those bullies! Watch next time he blooms he'll be the biggest and most beautiful of all of them, that'll show them! :)
Yes, Kaylee, I am going to do my best to make him look so much better than his brothers. That will show 'em!!!
@ridingbet (47276)
hahaha! why don't you separate that poor pot of flowers away from the other two? maybe it is jealous of the others?
I think the other two plants need a time-out due to their bad behavior.
@ridingbet (47276)
@Corbin5 yes, and maybe these 2 are bullying the one in the center.
@ridingbet I know they are. Bad brothers!!
@ramapo17 (22583)
• Melbourne, Florida
It could have something to do with the different containers they are in. It seems the one in the urns are very happy, maybe the one in the plastic bottle is kind of upset with you and didn't feel worthy of producing a nice flower.
Well, I found this strange. At the end of September 2 flowers appeared. A very late bloomer that plant happened to be.
@ramapo17 (22583)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Corbin5 Maybe she was just shy.
@ramapo17 I bet she was!
@PainsOnSlate (20083)
I'm sure it is embarassed because the brother have a prittier place to sit.
Yes, I think I will move the poor thing to the front of the house and see how it goes. His brothers are not very nice to him, though.
@Corbin5 Thanks for the smile!
@sallypup (26343)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Maybe move it into either the shade or the sun. See what happens.
Well, I think I will try the shade. Even though the tag said "Full Sun," I don't think that little fellow does well in full sun.
@sallypup (26343)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Corbin5 Maybe its too intense sun light.
@sallypup Could be. I will move it to a shadier spot and see how it does.
@bluesa (13430)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I certainly can't figure out flowers, I have had a sad history with them. I hope it will be more like its brothers and sprout a daisy or two soon.
I have no clue how to garden properly. I just hope for the best.
@bluesa (13430)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Corbin5 I can relate.
That is indeed odd. I don't know much about gardening, but I am hoping as the kids grow up we will start growing a few vegetables.
I am not a very good gardener, as can be seen by that pitiful little plant.
@Corbin5 you are much better than me. You are doing great as I can see from the other plants.
@sueznewz2 (9736)
• Alicante, Spain
Sometimes it's only takes the smallest thing to make a difference.... I hope it has a growth spurt soon...
Yes, a daisy or two would be nice. I will work with that little plant to get him to grow a daisy.
@sueznewz2 (9736)
• Alicante, Spain
@Corbin5 good ...
• Peoria, Arizona
Sometimes the runts are the most stubborn! Give it love and it might surprise you and overwhelm you with beauty!
I will give that little one all my love. Will let all know if he turns into a real beauty.
• Peoria, Arizona
@Corbin5 that is great
does this plant need a lot of water t here?sun?
No, like the other two, he is watered every day. Maybe I will keep it in front with the other plants and see if that helps.
@Corbin5 it is worth a try there
Maybe he's just a late bloomer.
Yes, I am hoping some additional tender-loving care will have him sprouting a daisy or two.
@poehere (17716)
• French Polynesia
Maybe you should change the plant's pot. He might feel better. He could also miss his brothers. Move him next to them.
Yes, someone mention to get rid of the plastic pot and use a terra-cotta pot. I will give that a try, and I will also move him next to his brothers.
Maybe you should talk to it,,and give it some encouragement! They say plants like to be talked to.
Yes, maybe some kind words would have that poor thing sprout a daisy or two.
@Butchcass4 (6015)
Ya never know how plants are going to do or why they don't do for whatever reason. It's kinda strange the other two are doing so well and the one is so small and not flowering too. Well good luck with the little one.
Thank you. I will do my best and see if I can get the little one to thrive.