IRS Scam Is At It Again

Boise, Idaho
I just got another of those computerized supposedly IRS calls telling me in a very robotic voice that I am being sued by the IRS and I need to call this number back to learn more. I wonder how this obvious scam works. How gullible are some folks?
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
Many people will call and when they do the caller gets rich. The price of the call is outrageous and when you get your phone bill you are in shock.
What is that about?
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@celticeagle The IRS scam calls are like other calls. They give you a phone number to call back. However, this number is not in the US, but some other country. The calling rates for this country are outrageous and you are suckered with a big phone bill. The person who answers the phone on the other end tries to keep the caller on the phone for over an hour. When the person receives his phone bill he can be charged up to 400 dollars for the call. This is how that scam work or other scam similar to this one.
@poehere ......Oh, I see. It wasn't like that before. You really have to watch out now days. Everything is a scam it seems like. Even just doing common business now days is a harrowing experience.
I am not gullible ! But there are !
yes indeed.
@celticeagle It's sad people fall for these scams :(
@infatuatedbby .......I think many older folks believe and don't think about scammers.
Apparently there are enough people to fall for this hoax and pay them right away. Sad really when you think about it.
Very sad. These people need to know the truth.
@celticeagle a few of my clients are vulnerable to these predatory type calls. They are wise to the computer or auto insurance calls as most don't own either. However, they would believe a call from the IRS as being real.
@ElusiveButterfly ......Maybe they need a update on their call types.
A pretty pic!
Interesting spot don't you think?
@celticeagle The South of France is full of lavender fields. The photo could be from there.
@MALUSE .......Could be.
@FourWalls (13799)
I suppose they keep it up because they do find someone who falls for it. Personally, I believe the IRS when they say (over and over) that they never call people so no phone call pretending to be the IRS is real.
Right. I recall a time when I was young when I didn't take enough tax out of my paychecks so the IRS was after me. They never called. All done by letters.
I got two of those calls yesterday and one today. It's so annoying
Sure is.
We haven't gotten those calls in a long time. Thank goodness, they are so annoying.