Ahead of everyone

Christmas time has always been one of my favorite times of the year. I love the christmas music, shows, and movies.. driving by all the homes with lights, picking out gifts I know people will love then wrapping them, sending and receiving cards, everything. But as I've stated many times.. my mom and I shop for gifts all year long. We don't like waiting til last minute, or having to buy so much at one time when we can't afford it. Plus love being able to relax at home while everyone else is going bananas in the stores looking for stuff . So shopping throughout the year is what works best for us. And so far, we have three out of six families bought and wrapped; one of them being the biggest family, at 7. And other than the families, we're only buying for one another, my boyfriend, my grandmother, and then a friend of mine. So we're doing great for it only being August -- Have you started shopping or looking?
@tammys85 (8268)
I'm buying for the usual; family I live with and the usual friends. I don't shop all year round because I don't know what someone may get for themselves or as a birthday gift, but I did start my list of what I may get people early, so I may start picking things up in Sept./Oct.
We buy, and if someone already has it, they can pass ot on to someone else.
@tammys85 (8268)
@Courtlynn Gotcha. I like to get people something they may not have already, so I'm good with waiting (plus I like Christmas shopping lol), tho I do wanna start at least a month or so earlier this year, if possible.
@tammys85 if we wait and people tell us what they want, then we wont be able to get anything for anyone cause kids dont realize prices. Just this is cool or that. Plus not our kids, so we shouldnt be ones to give whay they really want. Parents should. So getting things we can afford, when we can, tgat is characters or items we know they like is better for us
When I lived near my family in Colorado I started in January and had all my shopping done by September.
See we're not the only ones!
I think that is a great idea! And it totally helps with the financial burden also.
Yup. Happy we do this.
looiking bt not buyt8hg tyet ing yet
For your bestfriend or son or someone else?
For me, Christmas does not mean shopping. I give presents only to the little ones and now I only have 2. The rest will receive jams and chutneys made by me.
Everyones different. I also bake things to give away. But everyone loves gifts, even if they don't admit it.
@Courtlynn I don´t have the money to give big presents to my family. And they earn several times what my retirement pension is.
@marguicha we dont do big gifts. Toy or two a kid plus an outfit.
@1creekgirl (8306)
I admire you for being smart and shopping early. I always think about it, but never do it!
Thanks. We do it every year
@Freelanzer (6400)
I can only shop for Xmas stocking stuffers early. My kids and mom usually have to tell me what they want first and they are never early. For nieces, inlaws and others close by it is usually home made stuff. For those overseas it is cash.
Gotcha
Y'all are doing awesome! Once things settle down in our lives we will start working on that. One improvement at a time is what we are working on for now. =)
I think so.. yes one thing at a time.
• Lakewood, Colorado
No I too love Christmas but most years we dont do gifts. It is just my son and I..it is a matter of money. It´s fine though for us. We have enough stuff.
Everyone should get a gift and card every christmas.
And you still have five months to go!
Well.. four ish. Cause we have to send half of them out so do that by 1st of December
@dollaboy (6337)
I am happy that you are doing well and you like to start well in advance, Its a good way to manage things properly