I thought about turning house lights on at 3

@sallypup (27086)
Moses Lake, Washington
Its not fall. Its summer but the smoke from the fires up north of us is so thick that its dark in the house. Gloomy. I got an itchy throat when I drove to town to get hubby from work this afternoon. Most drivers had their lights on like it was foggy out. I sure had mine on. A few bozos who did not have their lights on, well, they were hard to see. Now there is a new fire a bit north of the town that we go to when we want to shop in a larger town- maybe two hours north of my house. The wind has picked up so I've heard that the smoke may be worse tomorrow. The local water park for the kids was closed up today but from reports, some folks went out boating and having picnics, anyway. This is August. Not typical for us to have rain until maybe September. Sure hope rain comes anyway. Just for kicks, itching for a spat of rain.
@TheSojourner (17454)
We SO need rain!!! socked in by smoke. UGH.
@sallypup (27086)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CoralLevang Same here. I am worried cause we now have a breeze. Its brighter this morning but it worries me.
@sallypup as long as there are fires, having any Breeze worries me.
@sallypup (27086)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CoralLevang We have typical dryness here but yeah, its a worry.
How awful! I hope you get lots of rain and soon!!!
@sallypup (27086)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@DianneN I wish. Its the height of zero rain season over here.
@sallypup Fingers crossed that it rains soon or the fires can be stopped once and for all. It must be just awful!!!
@sallypup (27086)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@DianneN Its better this morning but there is a breeze that is worrisome.
I hope they get rain on those fires. We have had some pretty smokey days also. Today and yesterday, it has rained here. So many people in BC had to be evacuated. Terrible.
@sallypup (27086)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@paigea I feel terrible for those directly affected.
@sallypup I know. We couldn't have a fire when we went camping in Southern Alberta; that is how little we are affected. We are fortunate.
I hope you get a lot of rain.
@sallypup (27086)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Me, too, @andriaperry but that's not normal for us for this time of year. Crazy and I mean crazy: I just saw an account of the nearest town to the north of us, 20 minutes away, a cat started a fire over there. The fire is out but still. A cat. The cat went up on a power pole and sparked a fire. I guess a squirrel did the same thing not long ago. Makes me very aware of where I am right now.
@dollaboy (6232)
I Wish you get some rain and soon
I usually turn the lights off when I wake up in the morning, regardless of what time.
@RubyHawk (25149)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We've been lucky this summer. No fires that I've heard of. Hope you have rain soon.
Smoke and fires are not a good combination. Do you have lung problems, if so, maybe to avoid the smoke you can wear a mask. I have at home when we had some problems and it was hard for me to breath. Actually I was told not to go out if do not have to, but, there are times I had to. Do you have lots of fires there? We have fires here in the summer.