Coming Soon! 1 Or 2 More Books!

I am thinking about writing a couple new books on addiction. What do you think of these topics and the titles: "The Trip: Addiction To Recovery" - This would be an expansion on the original book about Gambling. Rather than being focused on Compulsive Gambling specifically I'll look at the threads that tie all addictions together. It will open the concept I developed to the fuller spectrum of addictions. "What Detox Looks Like For Process Addictions" - Most people don't understand that there are serious signs of Detox for Compulsive Gambling. This book would discuss the process of Detox when there is no chemical ingested to cleanse the body of. I have considered these topics for some time but debated if they were something people would be interested in. So now I'm bouncing the idea off you my friends in cyber space.
I know a few people that could use a good detox. Some are so addicted to passive gambling such as scratch off lottery tickets. Others spend thousands of dollars a year at the casinos. So glad that I never fell for that get rich quick thing.
@ElusiveButterfly I wrote a book called "The 30 Day 'Detox' For Gamblers" which actually would help almost any addiction because it works on getting the person to focus on why they are going through the withdrawals. I was actually a scratch off gambler. you might be surprised to know that once a person gets hooked it has nothing to do with the money and winning. That's why they keep going.
@Berniezeitler If not the thrill of the occasional win, then what is it?
@ElusiveButterfly It's like going to your favorite restaurant and enjoying the entire experience regardless of the outcome until you get food poisoning.
@Farcha (686)
I like the topics and seriously it is more exciting to write like these issues, and GO ON, Good luck
@Farcha Thanks. I have a strong interest in writing this material.
@Farcha (686)
@Berniezeitler It is a big challenge too
Let me catch those ideas in cyber space. Caught them..How wold no chemical put into the body work. Go cold turkey off
@jstory07 The process addictions trigger brain chemicals which when the addiction stops the body craves them. It craves the activity that gave it the rush. When I stopped Gambling I became very angry and moody.