Learning other language

Languages
@Farcha (686)
Learning another language is my passion, it is an openness to other culture. I would like to share with you : when you get involved in learning a different language gives you a different vision to life, What do you think, Have you tried to learn another language ?
I learned some French and Hebrew, but I don't have an ear for languages. It's always been very difficult for me. Welcome to myLot!
@Farcha (686)
Welcome to myLot too. I think you need just time and best friends who master other language for practice
@Farcha You may be right!
@Farcha (686)
@DianneN Patience, perseverance, will, and determination.
@JeeyanDee (2722)
I am multilingual actually. My native language, English plus a little bit of spanish. I tried learning french but it was just so hard for me. What language have you learned? I think it's great that you like learning them.
@Farcha (686)
Ofcourse I like learning other languages, so my native language is Arabic, I understand almost all Arabic accents (Egypt, Maghrebin, Levant, countries of gulf). I speak French and I am a beginner in Spanish that I have a lot of words in mind. I have some indian words in mind as well and so on.
• Asansol, India
@Farcha but where to learn that is the point. We all want to learn new languages like international.
@Farcha (686)
@mysimplelot Me too I have a big energy to learn but the obsacle where to learn quickly and finding people who have the same purpose
I learnt French and German at school many years ago. I have tried to learn more French as I thought it would be useful travelling through France. I'm glad I've kept trying as it's fun to be able to converse with those of other cultures.
@Farcha (686)
Until today I practise French, because french words change their meaning from sentence to another. So, I like to enlarge enough any language that I learn. So keep going, I am glad to mee people more open to other language. Do you have any idea about arabic?
@Farcha Our niece lives in Luxor in Egypt so they all speak and write Arabic. I don't know much about it except that you have to read it from right to left. Duolingo seems a good website to help with learning a new language and it's free.
@Farcha (686)
@JudyEv That's sound good I also think that Duolingo is a good website, but it is not free??!!!
@Claire_ut (223)
I am trying new languages,like French,Chinese and Janpanese.It's quite fun to learn other country's culture.Once I read a report that said learing new languages is actually good for our brain development.
@Farcha (686)
Yes, Learing new languages has more benefits for our brain development. When I try to learn more words My brain become more receptive and more active. Learning another language gives us more energy to accept others
@Farcha Yeah,it can boraden our horizons and make us a better and nicer person.
@Farcha (686)
@Claire_ut Indeed being polyglotte is an advantage and make the person more special to others
@Meramar (2280)
Learning other languages, you also learn about foreign cultures, traditions and ideologies. This changes you view and way of life. Languages are also my passion.
@Farcha (686)
And let us more comprehensive, and we can accept the difference.
@Meramar (2280)
@Farcha Accepting the difference is a way to respect other people. If everyone would learn to respect the difference, we learn to live together in peace.
@Farcha (686)
@Meramar That's it, living in peace.
@mandala100 (31504)
@Farcha I agree with you my friend since learning another language is learning also the culture, history and other things connected with such language from other people.
@Farcha (686)
@mandala100 (31504)
@Farcha Thank you my friend and I'll see you later on.
@Farcha (686)
@mandala100 See you
@else34 (13611)
• New Delhi, India
@Farcha My mother tongue is HindI. Now I'm trying to learn one other Indian language including Sansknit, the classical language of India.
@Farcha (686)
It is a big challenge to learn the classical language So keep going
@else34 (13611)
• New Delhi, India
@Farcha Yes,I know,it's not easy,but I'm enjoying it.Now I can write small stories in Sansknit.
@Farcha (686)
@else34 Sounds good ! Good news ! Just enjoy !
@dgobucks226 (9739)
I took Spanish in H.S. I'm have Italian ancestry so that would be a nice language to learn.
@Farcha (686)
I know a lot of spanish word because My dialect is full of these words, like zorro, chicharro, chuga, parada, chabola, lejia,... So I find spanish has a lot of arabic words like alceituna, alcala, alceite, almazara...As for Italian, I would learn it
@Farcha That's not surprising, isn't it, considering that Arabs lived in Spain for about 300 years.
@Farcha (686)
@MALUSE Yes, You are right. And Spain's name before 5 centuries is ANDALUS.
@mohit459 (9576)
• Haldwani, India
Ya I tried to learn Bengali And I know basic of it!! ! I know a total of 4 languages including Hindi, English, Bengali, Punjabi
@Farcha (686)
Good Keep going, Me too I know : Arabic and Arabic accents/dialects, French, English, Spanish
@mohit459 (9576)
• Haldwani, India
@Farcha nice!!!
@Farcha (686)
@mohit459 thank you for the compliment
I think that learning other languages gives you a close look of the culture that's speak's that specipice language, and a close look on the heart of the culture. even in diffrent places that basicly speak the same language( like australia and england, argntine and colombia) thier having some diffences inside the language that come from the culture diffrences.
@Farcha (686)
Yes, you are totally right, that we call in arabic "lahja" Dialect/Accent. So, in Arab countries, each country has a dialect that differs from country to another.
@Farcha Yes, seems like the right word. after traveling around south america I came to notice a lot of language changes in spanish in every country I visited, from the use of words to the actual prenoncing
@Farcha (686)
@Yanivjry one word but used in different ways, or different pronunciation
@mido02 (25)
i try with french .
@Farcha (686)
It is an interesting language, just one word could have a lot of meanings
@mido02 (25)
@Farcha yes, because me and you live in morocco hhhh. everything need French .
@Farcha (686)
@mido02 Of course, Everything in French. So, if you want to be more comfortable, you should master French. And not only French what we need, but we also need English as well
@quantum2020 (8581)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I like learning languages; it´s true, it opens a new perspective culturally
@Farcha (686)
And enlarge our vision about the world and accept others regardless the difference
I attempted studying Hebrew. But it's still a passion and an attempt. Haven't gone further.
@Farcha (686)
It is read and written from right to left ?
@joehue (111)
• Rabat, Morocco
I start always learning a language for a practical reason, then I'll end up falling in love with it, and forget completely why do I started in the first place, I learned English cause 80% of the internet is written in English, but later when I have discovered Shakespeare, English became more then necessity or a hobby, It should be the second language in every country.
@Farcha (686)
I share your idea
Yes, I have tried. I'm not very good at it.
@Farcha (686)
The key is to try
I have learned two other languages but English is my favorite.
@Farcha (686)
I agree with you
I am Jewish and while growing up we went to what was called Hebrew School after Public School. I really did not learn much Hebrew from it and did learn here in Israel. It is a hard language. I speak, but, not fluently and do not read and write very well. I found that when I watched a soap opera in Spanish with Hebrew subtitles that I could understand the gist of it. I also watched ones in Hebrew too. It is very good when you can learn other languages. I picked up bits and pieces of other languages here in Israel.