Please Turn Off The Sun

Picnic table by the Lake Lugano - by LadyDuck
Switzerland
From Tuesday we are under a heat wave, the worst I ever experienced. Our, usually mild, temperature reached 38 degrees Celsius (100.4 F) today with high humidity. To fight the heat, we went to the lake to have a light lunch on a public picnic table. The view is always pleasant and relaxing and the vicinity of the water makes the heat more bearable. The weather forecast announces thunderstorms starting late this night, the rain will be more than welcome. No plans for tomorrow, if the forecast is right, it will be a stormy Sunday. Have you plans for tomorrow?
It has not been this hot in years. It is in te 100's here.
I never experienced this heat and the humidity is not helping.
Thats odd today it was cool here which is very unusual in August. It should be hot it was in the 50's this morning and here it is almost 5pm and its 66 degrees out, very unusual!
@LadyDuck What is the temperature there? Isn't it usually cooler there?
• Lakewood, Colorado
I am really shocked at the heat temperatures where you are Anna..why it is not even that hot here in the desert like conditions.
It is terrible, we never experienced this extreme heat and it is also humid. This is what the humans have done, ruin the planet!
@LadyDuck I saw a documentary about Neanderthals. The climate used to be as crazy as it is right now, then the glaciation took place. Some speculate about a new ice age. Well, it sounds good these days but then we'll complain about the chilly weather.
@sabtraversa I have heard about the new glaciation too. We will surely be very unhappy if it happens.
@crossbones27 (15253)
• Redlands, California
Ask the congressman if he still wants to throw a snowball. It is noticeable at this point. Something is wrong.
Something is wrong for sure, we never had this heat in Switzerland, this is the evidence that our climate is changing and not for the best.
• Redlands, California
@LadyDuck Yeah I am migrating north soon to say the least if this is how it is going to be. Screw corporate America. about survival and not sure we can last many more summers like this. Plus our government is about useless at this point.
@crossbones27 Our big glaciers are melting. Last week a glacier gave back a couple who went out a winter of the year 1946 and they were never been found. There they were, under the snow and the ice, that is now melting due to the excessive heat.
I am hoping we will go to church tomorrow but we will see what happens. I hope you get some cooler weather soon!
If the forecast is correct, tomorrow it will be a stormy day, I hope they are not wrong.
@LadyDuck I am always praying for rain here too-it's always too hot for me!
@LovingMyBabies Too cold is not pleasant, but if you cover yourself you are well, there is nothing we can do not to feel this heat.
That is a very nice view, it would cool me off on a hot summer's day too. I wish that we could trade some of our weather, this morning was quite cool, I'm sure only in the 60's and no sun. It felt like a late September day in fact. I hope that it turns around, summer surely cannot be over just yet.
Last week we though that summer was already over and then we had this heat wave. If we could only have a "normal" summer temperature.
@LadyDuck Our summer has been extremely hot and humid or extremely cool and wet, there were not very many "normal" days in the 80's it seems. And nobody likes to go out when its too hot or muggy or too cool.
@Juliaacv It is exactly the same here, may be we had two or three good days during this summer.
@Platespinner (18584)
Tomorrow I will be recovering from driving home overnight, and attempting to get my life back under some semblance of control.
I have opened the door a few minutes ago, no sign of clouds for the moment. Try to rest tomorrow.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Hope you get some rest.
@shshiju (9323)
• Cochin, India
May be that is part of the weather change . Wish you good climate soon.
I suspect that this is the start of the climate revolution and it is nothing good.
@shshiju (9323)
• Cochin, India
@LadyDuck How is your climate now.Still feeling hot?
@shshiju We had a thunderstorm this morning, the temperature is not as hot as yesterday, a lot better today.
That´s a lot of heat, Anna. Even I would not like such a heat! I just wrote plans for the weekend.
I dislike cold, but this temperature is too much for me. I cannot wait to see the rain.
@LadyDuck I know exactly what you mean. There´s no way to keep away from that heat.
@marguichaNo, it is horrible, we do not have air conditioning, because we never felt the need. There are 29 degrees inside on the upper floor today.
We have delightfully cool and sunny weather here which will continue for many days. Very unusual weather for us in August, but it is lovely out there.
It is too hot and I hope we are going to have the announced thunderstorms. From tomorrow we should go back to our average summer temperature from 75 to 80 F.
@Dena91 (3713)
Sorry you are having such a heat wave. Ours broke this week, but today you can tell that the humidity is back up. Hope that the rain brings some relief for you. Going to church tomorrow. Getting ready to finish up with my Sunday school lesson when I am done on here. Have a blessed day.
I am checking the sky and for the moment I see no clouds, but they said late night, I still hope. Have a blessed day too.
@angelmels (547)
We are lucky as it is cold here in my place. That was why we have a fireplace to keep us warm.
Of course, you are in the southern hemisphere. I hope that your winter will not be as cold as our summer is hot.
@LadyDuck we do get hot times here around December to February
@angelmels I know, our cold months are your hot months.
@valmnz (13198)
• New Zealand
That is such a beautiful place to have lunch. I'm sure you enjoyed both the scenery and the meal.
It's the are of the lake that I prefer, very quiet and with only a few people around.
@valmnz (13198)
• New Zealand
@LadyDuck it looks rather peaceful
@valmnz It is, people are lazy in our days, you have to park the car ten minutes from this area and walk there, this is why it is so quiet.
• Eugene, Oregon
We have cooled off a bit for on day at least and the smoke was blown away, but may be back if the wind shifts. I hope you get that rain! No plans yet for tomorrow.
I checked both the Italian and the Swiss weather forecast, they both say thunderstorms and rain starting late in the night. I hope they are not wrong.
• Eugene, Oregon
@LadyDuck I do hope the rains arrived.
@JamesHxstatic It arrived James, thank you. It is fresh here this morning. I hope you also have a less hot temperature in Oregon now.
@dollaboy (6323)
I'm happy that you're now doing well at Lake side. Have a great weekend
Thank you, may be tomorrow the day will be cooler.
@dollaboy (6323)
@LadyDuck hope so. Enjoy your time
@dgobucks226 (6854)
On the positive side that is a beautiful setting to sit and enjoy the view come Autumn. But be careful where you sit someone carved their name on that bench As we've discussed before Anna, it is one hot summer!
The names carved are those of the people who make offers to buy the public benches and tables, no worries about that.
@LadyDuck Small world, they do the same thing with the benches in my town and also our neighboring town on our boardwalk.
• Marion, Kansas
No real plans. We are trying to do some projects and prepare for company. I am so sorry you are having a heat wave. Those are generally the temperatures we have at this time of the year.
We never had so high temperatures here, we are not equipped for this, this is not a tropical country. Right now it is raining.
I know that heat had to be torture.
So true Marie, we had three days like hell, now it is raining, let's hoe it does not stop.
I made no plans and the temps you are having is what Alabama usually have in August but this year things are not the same, its hot but not normal. A nice swim in the lake sounds like fun. Stay cool!
It's a weird year, a mild winter with no snow first and now this tropical summer. May be they are right the climate is changing.
It's been very hot here all week with thunderstorms almost every day. Today is a little less hot. Tomorrow I'm having company so I'm hoping we don't get any thunderstorms. Your picture by the lake looks very relaxing while you enjoyed your picnic lunch
I hope for rain tonight, I cannot stand this heat anymore. I have to go out soon to water the garden, if I do, there are more chances that it will rain.
We have had a very hot week too. Today is a cold day and gloomy too. Very anxious week I had and another coming up . Can't wait to have this wave of anxiety go away.
The extreme heat does not help to feel calm and relaxed. I feel that I cannot stand another day so hot. Let's hope for torrential rains tonight.