“What makes a child absent-minded?”

Some people think that it is normal for a child to always forget things. There are so many factors that could lead to losing the presence of mind. Some parents shout at their child and ridicule them in front of people. They think it is fine but it wasn’t all the case. It can result in a psychological problem and develop to a traumatic experience. An absent-minded child tends to think a lot of things and can’t focus on certain situations. It is also considered to being verbally abused that can be relatable to battered wives. “Are there any other factors that make a child absent-minded?” “Is it fine for adults to shout at children?” Image Credit: unsplash.com
@dragon54u (31339)
Adults should not shout at or punish absent minded children!! Children have a lot to absorb, a lot to learn and experience. Adults forget how it is to be a child with so many new things coming at them every day, so many things that are not understood. The world is still full of wonder to a child and even to a teen, there are so many things going on inside their brains that it would be miraculous if they were NOT absent minded! It is up to adults to teach them organization, self control, and how to prioritize their time and thinking processes. Parents are there to teach and guide, not punish and ridicule.
Some parents cannot understand that children also experience stress from school or people that surrounded them. They need to back off sometimes and let the child breath of their own space. I also agree that it is difficult to do parenting and it needs to develop the sensitivity while raising a child.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I think some children are so very active and intelligent that they have too many thoughts at once and may forget for that reason.
I agree. Some children deal with their own stressors and figuring out how to solve in their own way. Parents should always be supportive and try to reach out for possible solutions.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Shavkat Parents are the ultimate support yes I agree too.
@TiarasOceanView Unfortunately, some parents acted like a child. I do hate these people.
Children with ADD and ADHD usually have to deal with absentmindedness.
I do agree that some children have learning disabilities and it needs special care.
@ramapo17 (19079)
• Melbourne, Florida
My grandson has ADHD and for the longest time he would drive us crazy as he never stopped moving. Sometimes I would have to leave as he was so hyper. Now he is totally different and is in his 3rd year of high school and is on the honor roll and has a part time job.
@ramapo17 I think we need to be patient with this kind of child's condition ADHD. Is he still undergoing any interventions or treatments?
@dollaboy (6323)
Nope the parents should be aware of this thing and should behave properly in front of kids
I agree. It shouldn't be this way.
@dollaboy (6323)
@Shavkat yeah parents should at least care for there wards
@dollaboy I agree
@vsai2008 (7611)
Having a kid is a big responsibility that has to be dealt with all the kindness and patience in the world. Shouting is fine to an extent but if it scars a child's mind, then it's a no. I am sure there are better ways to deal with absent mindedness in children
Shouting to a child is not acceptable if it will put him or her to a miserable life. Parents should be aware of this and rethink how to deal with it.
@vsai2008 (7611)
@Shavkat Yes, I agree :)
@vsai2008 Thanks for agreeing.
@ridingbet (37918)
kabsat, i think you know this, that children have a limited span of attention, that is why they tend to forget things when another new things come by.
I do know that children have a short attention span. Some parents don't understand such situation.
@ridingbet (37918)
@Shavkat so, the parents should be your students kabsat. hahah!
@ridingbet I think we need an awareness for these parents: Parenting 101.
Shouting won't solve anything. If a child has problems focusing, the child should be seen by a pediatrician first.
I agree. They can also consult a child psychologist to determine what's the real cause of being absent-minded episodes.
@Shavkat Definitely!
@SAM774 (2224)
I think parents should take some time.... And talk to their child... Shouting is not an option
You said it right. I had this friend of mine who is whining about teaching his child. He kept on shouting at his child and managed to tell him that it is not right. The child will be confused and will shut down with such approach.
• Riga, Latvia
Personally I think that parents should not shout at a child unless they are being exceptionally naughty. I was an only child and often was in a self made imaginative world. You could talk to me but I was in my own world. Then my parents would speak louder or pat me on the shoulder and I would return to the real world. I would have been very upset if they had shouted at me.
I agree. It doesn't feel good to be shouted especially if there are other souls who can hear it. I had seen some parents that keep on doing this and it was all based on their expectations to their child.
Children have so much going on in their world and brains, it's normal for them to forget things at times. I don't yell at my kids for things like that, but I do remind them and tell them they have been told many times.
I agree. It doesn't need to do such an act to the child. They need to be reminded and parents should be patient enough to keep reminding them of something.