Out of TUMS

I'm really good about making sure that we don't run out of household stuff whether it be food, household, or personal care items. When I see that we are running low on something, I add it to my shopping list and I am at the store every Friday or Saturday to get whatever we need. We are almost NEVER "out of" something. Today we are. I've had a case of mild heartburn all day which is very unusual for me as I take Prilosec every other morning. My late lunch and a couple of drinks didn't make the situation any better so I just decided to go pop a couple of TUMS (antacid tablets). I go into the bathroom closet and there aren't any. Man am I pissed. All my husband had to do when he used the last of them was to tell me that we needed more and I would have bought more. I didn't notice that we were out because I almost never have a reason to use them. Except today. Of course today. . . when we don't have any. *adds TUMS to the shopping list*
I have been blessed not to need them. I have them though. I had horrible heart burn for years. after my operation it went away. good thing you will have some soon.
The medication I take has pretty much stopped the heartburn but for some reason today it is acting up.
@LoriAMoore I have no idea what the deal is today but it is annoying!
I understand how you feel about that. I make sure that I am always stocked with Tums, although I take Lanzoprazole, I still need Tums here and there.
I take omeprazole which I imagine is similar to what you take based on the name. I almost never need the damned Tums except today when we don't have any. The only reason we always (except today) have them is for my husband.
@SonjaRae (4895)
Oh goodness!
You're telling me.
@SonjaRae (4895)
@NJChicaa are used to keep a large bottle of Tums on hand at all times! And then I was put on omeprazole for about 30 days and I've been doing good sense.
@SonjaRae Omeprazole is great stuff!
I learned during my first year of teaching not to ever run out of anything. I went to my friend's house for lunch. She had no toilet paper or paper towels at all. Thank goodness I had tissues in my purse. From that day on......... Hope your heartburn is gone.
I think it is more that I don't like having to go out of my routine to run out for things, so I try to make sure that we are always well-stocked. A mid-week run to the grocery store or convenience store for half-and-half or something else always throws me off. You'd think I had autism or Asperger's with the way I love my routines!
@NJChicaa My husband runs back and forth for me.
@DianneN My husband doesn't get home until late so it is up to me to do the running around.
@KristenH (23250)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I never had heartburn or had TUMs before. Hope you can buy some and feel better.
Heartburn is no fun! I am feeling better thanks.
@KristenH (23250)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@NJChicaa I'm so glad you're feeling better. Welcome.