well, that's a bit random

this is sindy
Last week I saw a lady who was dressed exactly how I used to dress my Sindy doll when I was a child. A long-sleeved yellow polo-neck sweater with cropped yellow trousers. Even her blonde hair was similar to Sindy's. I looked at her feet, expecting them to be adorned with matching yellow plastic shoes that could easily slip off and get lost down the back of the settee. She wasn't - obviously - and I was left feeling disappointed. I found a tiny little vintage doll at the recycling centre. I love vintage dolls and knew she would be a welcome addition to my collection. Unfortunately I found her thirty seconds too late. She had presumably fallen from a bag of rubbish as it was hoisted into the skip and someone had trodden on her. I swooped down and placed her and her tiny plastic face in my pocket. Now she and her face are in a safe place, never to be fixed, always to remain broken. I should take a photograph. Do you {those of you in the UK} watch Gardener's World? My cousin was on it last night, talking about geraniums. I missed it. Was she any good? Somebody said Hello! to me in the High Street today. Ten minutes later someone shouted out, Oi, hello! and waved at me as I walked home through the car park. I know neither of these people, although I have seen them around. After twelve years of living in this very local town for local people am I finally being accepted? Am I now such a familiar sight in the town that the locals can't fight the urge to send greetings my way?! Awww, I feel so honoured. *randomly happy dance*
Yes, you have become a fixture in your community and now you must get used to folks saying "Hello," to you on a regular basis. It is quite an honor to be so well-known.
I'd rather just blend into the background!
@xFiacre (3846)
@poppylicious Talking to the nation about geraniums? Cool. Maybe those who said hello to you in he street were geranium boffins who mistook you for your cousin. My cousin bought a caravan in Donegal for a bottle of whiskey with no toilet. No-one wants to say hello to her.
The bottle of whiskey had no toilet?! *gasp*
@xFiacre (3846)
@Poppylicious I see your point. However I'm now wondering what the whiskey bottle was full of. Shudder.
@xFiacre Oh, yikes!
• Preston, England
creepy to be followed by one of your old dolls - ha! Not a fan of gardening shows sadly. Hope your cousin did well on it @Poppylicious
I gather that she was a natural in front of the camera. Eep, now I'm going to be on the lookout for more of my old dolls following me. I do actually have a tale to tell about that, but that shall be a post for another day.
• Preston, England
@Poppylicious I read a horror novel called The DollThat Ate Its Mother (by Ramsey Campbell)
I am not in the UK, sorry, but I have not seen Gardener's World. After many year we live in the same place it's common to hear people saying Hello, even if we never noticed them before.
I wondered if I just looked like someone else. I'm not a 'Hello!' type of person so it seems a little weird to me when people say it!
@Poppylicious I think that many time people say Hello to the wrong person, it happened to me too.
That is as random as it can be.
Randomness is good for the soul, sometimes. :)
@Poppylicious it is. I agree 100%.
Well, that would have been funny if she had been wearing yellow shoes!
It would have made my day. And quite probably left me feeling a trifle spooked!
@Poppylicious it sure would.
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
I needed that giggle Elizabeth. Missed Gardener's World so am going to watch on catch up.
I probably should watch it, but I'm not interested in gardening!