Filtered water or boiled water

@peachpurple (12770)
Malaysia
Yesterday, I was visiting an old friend for a cup of tea at her home. I asked for a refill of plain water into my water bottle since it was empty. Surprisingly, she went to the kitchen sink, on the tap and fill up my bottle with the tap water! I asked her what was that. She told me that she had installed a filter to her sink tap so that all the incoming water is filtered through a machine and can be safely consume without any health problems. I am feeling skeptical towards this kind of technology. Yes, I had heard and drank water from the tap that was filtered and claimed to benefit the kidneys by filtering all the salts in the body. Still, I prefer to boil the water from the tap and drink it after it had cooled off. Which do you prefer? Filtered water or boiled water from the kettle?
@louievill (19655)
We have a 3 stage filter attached to our tap, we also have mineral filtered water delivered to our house, around 2 dollars for 20 gallons in four containers, we boil only if we need it hot because electricity and gas is expensive in our country
@peachpurple (12770)
@louievill wow, isn't it expensive?
@louievill (19655)
@peachpurple its not that expensive, with the filter attached to the faucet you would only buy it once and just change canisters everytime its brownish. 2 dollars for 20 gallons mineral water is cheap, it use to be only 15 gallons but completion now is stiff, it's delivered right at your home. Boiling water is tedious and consumes a lot of power.
@KristenH (24921)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Filtered water from Brita. Much safer.
@peachpurple (12770)
@KristenH How much it cost? Do you have to change any spare parts monthly ?
@KristenH (24921)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@peachpurple You just have to change the filter every 3 months or so. It depends on what kind you're getting. It can be between $15-30 for Brita. Best to get it on sale. They are other water filtration pitchers out there too.
@peachpurple (12770)
@KristenH thanks
@Tracy04 (10815)
I choose boiled water. Filtered water still taste like tap water
@peachpurple (12770)
Tracy04 Yes I agree, it still has that "chlorine" taste and smell
@Tracy04 (10815)
@peachpurple Aha, yes it is. Mom says the boiled water kills more bacteria than filtered water. We have this tap filter, can take on and off. After use that, boil the filtered tap water. I think that's the best. Filtered-boiled water
I prefer filtered water myself.
@prashu228 (25504)
I don't like the taste of boiled water. I use filter water
We have a filter installed, I use the tap water to cook and to make coffee, but we do not need tap water, I buy sparkling bottled water.
@Deepizzaguy (14970)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Boiled water from the kettle.