Superstitions=Limitations

@JeeyanDee (2746)
It is the 21st century now, the computer age, and the technology era, but still, some of us could not let go of superstitions. I don't include religion here, because that topic is far different from what I mean. The think about black cats, lucky numbers, color of clothes and what we should and shouldn't do in funerals are only a few of many more beliefs we have all over the world. I used to do these silly practices too because they are a part of my culture and it has been difficult to part with them. Now, I have realized that they only limit the things I could have done and the person I could become. What are your thoughts on this?
@mandala100 (24084)
@JeeyanDee Superstition is a way of explaining the unknown or something that is really hard to explain although modern science proved otherwise my friend.
@JeeyanDee (2746)
I agree. It is just frustrating though that people allow themselves to be blinded by reality because of it. The only thing it does is hinder our potential to do more things
@mandala100 (24084)
@JeeyanDee Superstition is as old as mankind itself and it will not be wipe out 100% my friend despite the advent of modern science.
@JeeyanDee (2746)
@mandala100 Sadly, I must agree. I hope though that the technological innovations we have achieved will open the eyes of more people
I do agree on that there are some superstitious beliefs in my country. I find it bizarre to practice them
@JeeyanDee (2746)
Same here! I used to think it normal since almost everyone seems to practice them, but then growing up, I realized how silly and even stupid they are sometimes. I was like, why won't you sleep your floors at night when it's dirty?
@JeeyanDee Sometimes old folks are in rage if I am not doing the old practices that are connected to superstitious beliefs.
@JeeyanDee (2746)
@Shavkat Ugh! I totally know what you mean. I have to hide from my mom whenever I cut my nails at night.
@YrNemo (5542)
I consider myself too old to worry about what people think in trivial things, so superstitious or not, I will do certain things if I happen to be in the mood . (The advantage of getting older !)
@JeeyanDee (2746)
Hahaha. I guess you're right and I'm at that age where I question norms and hating limitations brought by it.
@kepweng (4035)
yeah many people are really superstitous including my family and neighbors
@JeeyanDee (2746)
Well i guess we have our own differences and opinions. We'll just have to respect and tolerate each and one of us. What are your thoughts on those?
@Tracy04 (10660)
We have religion but superstitions for us is for alert only. Means whatever we do need to careful. Better to be on the safe side.