I like to dye fiber!

In the basket is some alpaca fiber I kettle dyed
Tacoma, Washington
One of my favorite things to do is to wash, dye, card and prepare different fibers for spinning into yarn. If anyone is interested in anything that has to do with this subject feel free to ask! What hobbies or crafts do you guys enjoy?
@ilocosboy (34315)
Very nice hobby. Dyeing has great history in our place because this is part of our culture and tradition. There's a kind of plant that our forefathers dye their clothes. Its so happen this tradition is slowly dying now because of the new technology in printing textiles.
There are a lot of things that we can use from nature to dye fibers. Tea, onion skins, beet root, and many other things!
@ilocosboy (34315)
@CoralLevang I think I need to learn more, its only now I was given idea that onion skin can be used to dye.
@ilocosboy here is a good article to get your mind thinking about different things that can be done
Main navigationHomeAboutArchivesBlogContactSearch this websiteDIY NaturalDo it yourself... NaturallyHomeAboutArchivesBlogContactSearch this websiteCleanersBeautyFoodHealthBooksMarketplaceA Natural Homemade Sunscreen Recipe That Works!A Natural Non-greasy H
That is an interesting hobby that I haven't heard of before. I enjoy making things out of for example, formula cans. I made these and thought about selling them.
These are wonderful! I'm tagging my sister in them because she's also very crafty and likes seeing ideas. @sonjarae
@CoralLevang Thank you! I loved making these. =) Once we're doing better I'm going to make more of them.
Oh, I love the colors in your basket there. Tell us about your projects and show us some pictures. Where do you get your fibers, and which ones do you work with?
@TheSojourner (17454)
I like making jewelry and doing some bead work on other things. I have also started going to a creative arts studio and painting and making other crafts. You should go with me sometime.
@Tracy04 (10834)
I love to crochet too! But not often. I mylot often and my hobby is collecting stamps
@ARIES1973 (9531)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Before I started my government job and my online work, I spent time on some hobbies, cross stitch, crochet, and sewing. I also tried gardening and I love it. I am thinking of reviving these hobbies but as of now I know I won't be able to do it because of my limited time.
I enjoy my passion of drawing, sketching and painting leading to selling