What a Day!

My granddaughter placed in her ice skating performance!!!! Woo hoo! My son hasn't sent the video, yet, but my daughter-in-law sent me one from her phone. My younger son popped by after my morning walk and coffee with the girls with a measuring cup. He wants me to measure Doodles's dry food, and told me that I'm making Doodles the cat fat! We had our cable company out to reset a button on our new TV. We waited hours for a one second click. Doodles disturbed a snake in the pachysandra and its tail showed its ugly self. I screamed bloody murder, and both Doodles and I ran across the entire backyard like lunatics!!!! To settle my nerves, my husband took me out for a late lunch in our sports car. We put the top down, since it was a glorious day. I'm finally here until dinner arrives. Too pooped to cook. So, how was your day?
A fat cat can still be a healthy cat. I suppose those snakes are harmless - aren't they ?. Great that your granddaughter placed. Well my day was much cooler than yesterday because it rained most of the night. It is still cloudy, so after a cup of milo for dinner (my lunch was kind of heavy) I'll be curling up in bed, listening to the rain and watching a movie.
My son is worried that fatso will become diabetic. Enjoy your evening. It sounds nice an cozy to me. What is Milo?
@DianneN A hot or cold beverage similar to ovaltine.
Very true. My cat is bigger than all 3 of my boyfriends cats that are 8-10 years older than mine. But my cat is all muscle.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Day is fine thanks Dianne..seems like I have been busy doing nothing and everything haha. Oh I am so pleased to hear that your beloved Ice Princess has placed! How exciting! Oh the measuring cup..yes I need one of those too for my waist haha Those danged snakes oh no.. Nice lunch then you had I am sure. Just relaxing now, half watching a film and catching up here. See you later on then and have a very nice eve, congrats on your grand daughter´s success
I feel as if I have been busy doing nothing and everything p, too! Lol! I can't believe he actually brought me a measuring cup. I have so many, but my son refused to take it back. He went scuba diving with his fiancée as part of the intensive class they are taking. She is learning and needs to know by the honeymoon. Or else! lol I had my husband take the cat out for his next two walks. I am petrified of snakes. I think I turned Doodles into a sissy. My granddaughter, DIL, and son have been texting back and forth. I have no time to myLot. lol You enjoy your evening. It sounds nice to me. I am going up to shower and put on my nightgown and relax with my hubby in a while. See you tomorrow.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Heheh for some reason I thought that was a measurement of cat pee until I read your post of course! Glad you had a lovely spin after the crazy snake ordeal heheh. I'm grabbing an early dinner right now! Fish n chips for me ! And my fiancé is having crawfish & shrimp :)
. Enjoy your dinner. I'm too pooped to be here much longer. Emotional stress and all that. Ha ha!
@DianneN heheh enjoy dinner also I just finished eating :)
@infatuatedbby Me, too! Three hours later than you!
What a day.. mine was okay. Did everything i wanted/ needed to at home
Doing everything you want is great. I'm getting exhausted now.
@DianneN yes it is. Im tired too but have to make dinner still
@DianneN thank you, hope to. See you later
Scary what kind of snake and, glad to hear she placed.
I didn't hang around for a close look. To me all snakes bite and are poisonous. Better safe than sorry. lol. Thank you!!!!
@DianneN You and, me both I would have booked it lol.
Quiet day here. I took a late nap from which I'm just waking up. Hope I'm not up all night.
I could take a long nap and fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. Hope you can, too.
@DianneN Yes I think that it won't be a problem tonight.
@dodo19 (28082)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's been pretty quiet here. We had some friends come over, which was nice. Otherwise, pretty quiet and fun. I'm glad that your granddaughter did so well. Good for her!
Quiet is good, too. I hope I can have a quiet day tomorrow. I'm happy to hear you had friends over. I think you and I are the only ones on myLot who do. Thank you. It wasn't her best performance, but she placed.
@poehere (17780)
• French Polynesia
Congrats on your little ice princess. You should be one very proud grandma. I would be bragging all over the place and showing anyone who wanted to see the video. So sorry some little tiny snake scared you and the dog today. It must of been a sight to see you running across the yard screaming with the dog chasing your heels. It is good that your husband took you out for a nice relaxing drive and a late lunch. For dinner I would just heat up left overs and call it a day.
Thank you! We are very proud of her. It wasn't her best skate ever, but good enough. It was the cat, lol, and I was hard on his heels! What leftovers? My husband is a human vacuum cleaner.
@poehere (17780)
• French Polynesia
@DianneN This sounds so familiar. That is my boyfriend. Normally, 3 giant plates every night. Sorry about the dog and cat issue but it sure sounds funny and too bad nobody got a video of this. I am sure you would have had a good laugh later on.
@poehere No problem. I'm sure it was a funny sight to see, but I'm still petrified of returning to the snake territory. I've seen four in that area so far. I get the heebie jeebies just thinking of snakes!
@Gillygirl (15291)
• Sutton, England
A busy day for you. I kept my daughter company yesterday afternoon. her partner took Charlie out fishing.
Charlie must have loved that!!! Did he catch anything? How's your daughter doing?
@Gillygirl (15291)
• Sutton, England
@DianneN He got some little tiddlers in his net bless him. Jen's fine but wants the birth to be over now.
@Gillygirl Oh, is that cute!!!! He must have been so proud catching the fish. I'm sure Jen must be tired and uncomfortable now. The time is rapidly approaching!
Sorry forgot to tell you how proud I am of your granddaughter! What place did she finish? I bet she was first place out of all! I am so happy for your family as you all must be thrilled!
Thanks Jennifer! She didn't place first, but placed. That's all the coaches hoped she'd do. She was the youngest in her skill level by four years!
@DianneN That is super! I am so proud of her!! I knew she would do great! Couldn't happen to a nice and sweeter girl! Being four years younger is even better! Is she back at camp or is camp over for now since school should be starting soon???
@Marty1 She flew back this morning. She has at least two more weeks of camp left. Then vacation in Maine with her parents and brother. NYC doesn't start school until after Labor Day.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
Congratulations to your granddaughter. Your day was very eventful compared to mine. I would of loved to been there with a video camera when you and Doodles were running away from the snake. So what did you have for lunch?
Thanks so much. Oh, don't remind me of that horrible and swift moving snake. I don't know if it was my scream or the snake that scared the heck out of Doodles, but he ran like the devil with me at his heels. Oh, shame on me. I had a salad, a panini, fries, and a hot fudge sundae.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
@DianneN What a hat a tasty meal you had. I am still laughing at your ordeal today. See I didn't mention the culprit.
@velvet53 I'm such a pig! I eat more than my husband!!! And thanks for not mentioning the you know what!
As my day has still six more hours to go before I can even think of retiring to bed, I am just glad it has been relatively quiet despite 15 children on our section of townhomes not able to afford camp and not yet back to school . . . uggh when will there school time start ? Congrats on the little future Olympian !
I'm thankful there are no little kids close by to my house. I completely understand. They seem to be going back the last week of August in CT. New York City begins after Labor Day. Thank you. She's back in camp now.
@DianneN let her know I am rooting for her and hope to see her in our Winter games soon . . .
@enlightenedpsych2 I will! Lol! We shall see.
Sounds like you had some ups and downs! Going out for a late lunch sounds perfect. Congrats to your granddaughter!
Crazy day, but busy morning today. Actually, a busy month. Sigh..... and thank you!
@DianneN August is usually a lazy month for me.
@Jeanniemaries It's hopping for me.
Wish my husband would take me out to dinner to soothe my nerves. Not even a snake would bring him to do that! Try giving Doodles one of those fancy foods that are meant for overweight cats. Stop giving treats because they are high in fat content. Yeah, this advice comes from the owner of a chubbo cat who eats every time she sees food.
We eat out too much. Our bills per month can take us back and forth to California by jet. I cut back on his treat ball around lunch time and give him little Fancy Feast salmon or tuna treats in liquid. He still gets his natural treats for coming inside after his walks and his Dentals before bed. And to think cats are supposed to be finicky eaters!
@DianneN mine tend to be. They prefer one kind of dry food. The older cat will not eat treats. She likes chicken and will eat it every day. Also likes pork. The younger cat does not.
@DianneN I keep Dusty's dish filled during the day. At night time she will get the munchies and eat what is left in her dish. Follows me out to the kitchen in the morning for her treats!
@moffittjc (35641)
• Gainesville, Florida
The highlight of my day yesterday was watching Sharknado 5 on the SyFy Channel last night. Stupidest one yet, but I couldn't take my eyes off of it. Apparently, but the way it ended, next year for Sharknado 6 they will be going back in time. Go ahead, let the mocking begin!
Lol! I will keep silent with this new information about you, for the moment. It looks like you saw the new Emoji film, too!!!!!!
@moffittjc (35641)
• Gainesville, Florida
@DianneN Haha, I haven't seen the Emoji film yet, but I couldn't resist taking a photo of the poop emoji that was up on a billboard!
My sister a long time ago insinuated that I was making Marty unhealthy from too many treats. But the kid loves his treats! I do try to give him not as many. I do try to get him a new package of treats for his monthly birthday. This 23 month birthday on August 25 I give him a new box of berries and nuts treats Get in your jammies if not already and relax as you had a big day! What did you order out to eat? Hopefully it was delicious!
@DianneN I don't think I spoil Marty enough with him being the best thing that ever happened to me! Not feeding Doodles lunch sounds cruel. I wouldn't be able to refuse him either! You are a super grammy! I think your dinner sounds great! I had a frozen lasagna I heated in the microwave, but I am going to attempt lasagna rolls in the crockpot today as I am up early enough for it. I am going to have to see how long it takes for it to cook. My enjoyable evening was spent sleeping as that is why I didn't reply last night as I went to bed and listened to the TV but missed the highlight of the show I was watching as I fell asleep! But hope you got a good sleep last night too with how exhausted you were last night!
@Marty1 . So glad you fell asleep!
Oh that's so great!! I'm sure she did a fantastic job on her performance! How is Doodles taking his "new" diet? All that running from the snake is good exercise . Our summer vacation days are wrapping up . . . the kids start school again next week!!
She had a good skate and placed, but it wasn't her best performance. Doodles is still a fatty, and cries when he's hungry. What's a grammy to do? lol Wow! Your kids start early! My grandkids don't start until after Labor Day, and the kids here go back the last week in August. Hope your kids all have a wonderful year!!!!
@DianneN Ah but she went out there and did it . . . it's all about the experience. And if she placed, then at least she skated very well in the eyes of the judges! My friend (the one whom I said kisses her cats and puts lipstick marks on) - she can't stop giving her cat butter and ice cream ! And yes, the cat is "round" in a few places . Yah, I hate that kids start in the middle of August like this . . . I wish it went back to after Labor Day - when it SHOULD be - when the apples are ripe and leaves are falling. I think they started this date for the sake of those standardized tests - it stinks. Hope your grands have a wonderful school year too!!
@Lucky15 (33700)
I know Doodles has been growing up BIG every time i saw pics, lol
I know you know! Lol!!!
@Lucky15 (33700)
@DianneN I just don't have any idea who had spoiled Doodles
• Pamplona, Spain
Been really busy too and so very glad she has been placed in the Team for Iceskating.
She completed her skate and flew back to camp this morning. Being busy is good. Being here is good, too!
• Pamplona, Spain
@DianneN I can relax now calm right down.
a day I have many problems...can't sleep in my bed, because going to the toilet again and again, when pain my belly then run speed..
@DianneN my mother tell me ,why you eat so much?..