Mud Puddle - When is the last time you fell into one?

Today I went on a 10 K hike. (I think that is about 6 miles) It was up and down and rough terrain, and there were a lot of muddy places. Five minutes into the walk, I slipped on the mud and ended up sat in the middle of a large mud puddle. I almost returned to the car but I am glad I didn't. Most of the hike was along a pretty valley with lots of wild flowers blooming right now. We picked Saskatoon Berries to eat, (Service Berries in the US?). One of the hikers is a botanist and he identified many wild flowers for us. I sort of dried off as we hiked. Now I am home, freshly bathed and feeling the after glow of a good workout! Have you ever fallen and landed in a mud puddle? Would you have continued the hike?
@dollaboy (6153)
I'm sorry to know about that. Never happened to me
I enjoyed the hike anyway!
@dollaboy (6153)
@paigea have a good day
@PatZAnthony (13234)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
No, can't remember ever falling in a mud puddle. As for continuing, it would really depend on what my situation was after the fall!
Well, my situation was pretty wet from my bum to my ankles. And muddy. But it was a warm day so I carried on.
I do not ever remember if I ever fell in a mud puddle, but I remember I have fallen in small brooks and I have continued to hike.
hmm, my comment to you went away. At least I wouldn't have been all covered with mud, including my hands if I fell in a brook.
@paigea We were crossing a small mountain book, I slipped on a big stone. The water was very cold and I had some scratches, but the sun dried my clothes.
@LadyDuck I am sure the water was cold! My mud puddle was not that cold. And that seemed more yucky. But no harm done.
@tammys85 (12709)
I remember going on a hike when I was in the 8th grade; it was a field trip. I may have fallen or at least slipped, but I had no choice but to keep going.
I always keep going, but this time I was literally soaked from the middle of my back to my knees. I was tempted to go back to my car as we had just started.
@tammys85 (12709)
@paigea To be honest, I wouldn't have blamed you if you had gone back to the car.
@tammys85 It was a great hike, and great company . I don't do it very often so I am glad I continued.
If I did fall in a puddle of mud on a hike, you bet I would keep going and realize after my bath or shower (as I hope you did), that my skin was so revitalized after being exposed to natures wet dirt ! Did you feel better after the mud bath ?
I can't say I noticed that!
@paigea well IF it happens again, feel for the sensation and make a note of it, but please don't get hurt trying to fall into another mud puddle just for the experience of cleansing the skin, purifying it from harmful toxins with none other than good old mud !
No - never and I don't hike and I don't walk in mud...so I'm clean!
Me, I would rather get muddy than give up hiking!
@paigea I don't hike, I'm way too old for that.
Oh no! I cant say this has ever happened to me (yet).
I hope you never have to land in a big mud puddle!
@bunnybon7 (37905)
• Holiday, Florida
probably would have continued. haven't fallen lately that would be a disaster right now. but a while back i stepped in one and had to go for hours before i could change socks and shoes
It can get uncomfortable. Luckily, I have learned to have dry shoes and socks in the car for after the hike.
@PainsOnSlate (20814)
I don't remember ever landing in a mud puddle, but like you if it happened and I didn't break anything but my image of myself, I would have continued the hike.
I am glad you would continue. No use missing a great time! I was pretty wet. So I am glad it was a warm day. Made me think there is a reason people wear "proper" hiking clothes, they probably dry better!
@paigea when I hike it's usually jeans...
@PainsOnSlate Me too, but I am rethinking that. The pants I was wearing dried quickly at least. The teeshirt stayed wet for a long time (and the undies did too.)
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I don't recall falling into a mud puddle but I sometimes walk through mud on the trail after a rain. The flowers must have been beautiful
This trail had a lot of mud yesterday. I love seeing the wild flowers blooming in a field.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@paigea Our wild flowers have long been gone. I snapped pictures that were along my walking trail in the spring.
@RubyHawk There were more on another hike two weeks ago. Everything is later here.
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
I think I was 11 years old the last time I fell into a mud puddle. My mom hosed me down with cold water into middle of January in Texas. She didn't want me tracking mud into my aunt and uncle's new home
Yikes! That would be unpleasant
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
@paigea I was freeeeeeezing cold after that!
@acrogodess I can imagine
@jobelbojel (9028)
I think I did when I was in the province. But yesterday is a different story. We had a bootcamp - and crawled on the mud.
Bootcamp! Then maybe everyone is muddy at least
@paigea The one that did not do the mud crawl was hugged by us who were muddy that time.
@jobelbojel That was a great idea!!! They should have joined you in the mud crawl.
I remember the last time I fell in a mud puddle vividly. Our 8th grade class had just gotten to the nature preserve, and five minutes into it I fell, and was blessed with a wet, muddy seat for the rest of the hike.
Just like me today! Was it a warm day at least?
@paigea It was fairly cool, but after awhile I shook it off. I could only feel embarrassed for so long!
@AmbiePam I was kind of embarrased. I was meeting this hiking group for the first time. But I got over it
I would have grumbled about getting muddy but I wouldn’t want to just leave with the area unhiked so I wouldn’t have left either. The botanist being along is awesome as you got to learn while walking. I love nature and hiking! I can’t wait until my puppy is old enough to go hiking with me.
Sadly, I didn't make it out to any more hikes. Glad I continued that day. A dog helps one get out there!
@paigea I'm always out in the woods alone but I will feel a little safer having a dog with me. She is a mix of breeds but one is Jack Russel and they are active so I think this pup will be a good hiking companion. She just had her first set of shots last night so now I can take her in public places.
I'm sorry you landed in a mud puddle. Knowing me as well as I do, I probably would have continued the hike.
I am glad so many people say they would have continued the hike. It makes me feel like it was okay waling all covered in mud. Of course a lot of it dried and fell off.
@paigea Mud will do that.
I have never landed in one no Paigea. I imagined you to be caked in it, like some ancient mummy lol So sorry that happened though. Sounds like a lovely hike anyway. Yes of course, I would have continued on.
It was worth carrying on. My pants were caked in it. My shirt was just wet and dirty. When I took my pants off, my legs were muddy. My pants dried but my underpants did not. I am going to find what kind would be better.
@Tracy04 (10815)
I don't remember
Truely?
@Tracy04 (10815)
@paigea um yeah
Yikes. Ive never fallen in a mud puddle. Don't know if id continue
I was so glad I continued. The hike and the company were wonderful. And I dried off.
@paigea thats good then!
@sol_cee (18426)
• Japan
Willingly? When I was a child! ;)
Even as a child I tried Not to fall in the mud, but since I often played in the mud, I certainly managed to slip and fall. Not sure if I would cal that willingly.
@sol_cee (18426)
• Japan
@paigea you had great control as a child then. ;)
Been awhile and I don't intend to fall into one anytime soon.
I hope that is the last time for me.