Animal Experiments: Yes or No?

@mandala100 (31505)
Hong Kong
According to the People For The Ethical Treatment of Animal or PETA and to quote: "Each year, more than 100 million animals—including mice, rats, frogs, dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, monkeys, fish, and birds—are killed in U.S. laboratories for biology lessons, medical training, curiosity-driven experimentation, and chemical, drug, food, and cosmetics testing." That statement above does not include the number of animals killed and used in scientific and medical research and experiments in other parts of the world. Are you in favor of using animal in scientific and medical research and experiments? Is it possible to conduct scientific or medical research and experiments without using any animals? Image source: haikudeck.com
Animal trials are a necessary evil. Better done to animals rather than do it to human subjects.
@mandala100 (31505)
@allen0187 I like your term "necessary evil" my friend and it reminds me of Thomistic or the Scholastic Philosophy of St. Thomas Aquinas. It made me thinks of some politicians as "necessary evil". I hope they are necessary good.
@mandala100 politicians are evil. They are never necessary!
@mandala100 (31505)
@allen0187 So evil politicians not necessary politicians my friend.
@dollaboy (6246)
Its not good but still somethings need to be considered to develop new theories
@mandala100 (31505)
@dollaboy Thank you for your comment my friend.
@dollaboy (6246)
@mandala100 thanks, Peter fella
@mandala100 (31505)
@dollaboy Your welcome my friend.
There is never an excuse to experiment on animals. That is just plain cruelty Honestly if it came to I had a disease, and they had to research animals to find a cure I would say no thanks let the animal live out its life free of cruelty
@mandala100 (31505)
@Marty1 Yes my friend and thank you for your views.
@mandala100 Good discussion you started, and I will be interested to see the view of other members!
@mandala100 (31505)
@Marty1 Thank you my friend and let us hear the other views of other myLotters.
@Sreekala (20430)
I feel it is cruel to use the animals for our gains. Sametime, is there any other method to do researches? I am not sure.
@Sreekala (20430)
@mandala100 I think they need it for sure. Without experimenting they can't apply the same to human beings.
I'm neutral for the most part. I don't mind the mice and rats testing as they are the source of many diseases, so experimenting on them, no, I don't mind. Now using animals which make good pets, yes, I have a problem with that. If there was another way to find the cures we need for the diseases common to mankind, I would be in favor of that.
• Japan
I think it's terrible to make animals suffer because of us. Especially in useless things like cosmetics.
@velvet53 (15908)
• Palisade, Colorado
I am not in favor of animals being used for testing but what else can they do. Right now there is no positive way to do these tests without animals.
Well, would you rather have human trials? How on earth are they going to know if a vaccine or cure works? There was an experiment about the fountain of youth using mice. THe mice got younger but they literally messed with it's dna.
@spaceseed (2894)
yes, when daily people consume millions of chicken........then whats wrong in experimentation if they are for good.