Keeping The Kitchen Tidy

Keeping just a couple things clean and clutter free can make a big difference. I try to keep the table nice and neat as it doesn’t look good messy and full of papers and stuff. The kitchen counter I also try to keep clean with not too much sitting on it as it starts to look cluttered up. I think the kitchen looks a lot cleaner when things are put away and not just thrown on the table or the counter top. We do have a few things on the table or counter top but I have those nice and neatly placed.
• Japan
I love to have a clean and organized kitchen counter, but when I am teaching I don't have the energy to straighten it every night. I always make sure it is neat by Saturday night since I have Saturday off.
I like keeping the kitchen nice. Matter of fact, I do need to get the dishes done...That's the only chore I hate with a passion.
I dont mind dishes but I do have to hand wash, I hate dusting but I have to cause .....
@andriaperry I hand wash too and the reason I hate doing them is because it makes my hands so dry! I use lotion but they hurt while I am doing them too.
@dollaboy (6232)
Yeah and it feels good to see the cleanliness as well
@tzwrites (4913)
Having a clean counter top and table makes the place looks much nicer. I love that feeling of cleanliness in the kitchen.
Sounds like my kitchen, very tidy since I am a 'clean up as I cook' kind of person and am equally NOT fond of clutter. So what tidying up project is next on your list ? On mine, is our utility/mud room which always seems to look the worst no matter how much sweeping and cleaning up I do . . .
@enlightenedpsych2 The drawer the tools are in. It's a mess!
@Susan2015 ha haa
I also like my kitchen to be neat and tidy without too much on the counters.
@Marilynda Yes, I like to be able to see most of the counter.
@kobesbuddy (46444)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I agree with you Susan, clutter takes away from a homey environment. Keeping things neat and clean, is very important!:)
I agree 100% I like all the small appliances in the cabinets when not in use. I have only the coffee maker on the counter top. Nothing but a crystal bowl on the dining table and two place mats. On the smaller table just this thing in the middle that holds plates. Its so much easier to keep clean.
We have a fairly small kitchen and often it gets cluttered but I try to keep it as clear as possible.
@mom210 (6761)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That is one area that seems to make people think of your all over cleanliness. An untidy kitchen seems to make them think your food may not be clean. So yes, that is a good area to keep clean.
As messy as our place can be, I do try to keep the kitchen the most tidiest room in the house . . . gotta keep it organized and clean daily!!
One thing I love cleaning and tidying is the kitchen, though I hate my small kitchen.
Keeping things in order sure make a house taken care of.
I am not a junk collector, so you won't find my table or counter junked up! If my husband was the only one here it would look quite different I'm sure.
@ARIES1973 (9531)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Much as I want to do the cleaning and organizing everyday, my everyday work won't allow me. So I only have time on weekends. Yes, keeping things neat can give us some joy.
@spaceseed (2893)
you are right. wish my wife also believe on this
I am striving to get to that point. Even with just the two of us here, flat surfaces seem to pile up fast.
I agree with you here. I usually follow the 1-minute rule when tidying up. If it takes only a minute to complete a task, I go ahead and get it done with.
Clear countertops, tables and such always look nice.