Are you an organized person?

@ramapo17 (20009)
Melbourne, Florida
My daughter and 16 year old grandson are visiting us for the week. We wanted to have our plans ready ahead of time so we didn't spend lost hours sitting and wondering what to do for the day. After figuring out a schedule that we all agreed to, I put it on a small blackboard in the living room so we can all see it any time. I also hand wrote the schedule on a few sheets of paper so anyone could walk around with it and study. Being organized like this we can plan the day before we go and decide what we are wearing and the times we should be ready. I like to go to bed at night and not have to worry about doing this when half the people are not really awake. So far it is working. Of course if we decide on something different we can always change our plans.
I am pretty organized but sometimes lack motivation.
@ramapo17 (20009)
• Melbourne, Florida
I know what you mean. That happens to me sometimes too.
I have always been organized, which served me well in life in general.
@ramapo17 (20009)
• Melbourne, Florida
Wow, good for you. I have never been like that.
@ramapo17 I got it from my father....right down to making sure things are in order for when I'm not here.
@ramapo17 (20009)
• Melbourne, Florida
@AbbyGreenhill Good for you. Being organized will help everyone. My dad wasn't and my sister and I had a horrible time trying to get things figured out.
I also am a very organized person. I have a daily list of all that needs to be done.
@ramapo17 (20009)
• Melbourne, Florida
Good for you. I try to do that and make lists but never keep up with them.
Yes, I do consider myself an organized person. Having a schedule handy saves a lot of time!
@ramapo17 (20009)
• Melbourne, Florida
I remember I use to have schedules for everything. I don't know what happened to me.
@ramapo17 perhaps you fell off the wagon but I'm sure you can get back at it again.
@ramapo17 (20009)
• Melbourne, Florida
@allen0187 You are right. I know sooner or later I will give in and have to get organized.
@velvet53 (15286)
• Palisade, Colorado
That is a good way to do it. I like to be organized. When the kids goes camping or hunting they always have a list of things to take with them that I have supplied.
@ramapo17 (20009)
• Melbourne, Florida
I was like that when we had the RV but somewhere along the way I lost my good habits.
@velvet53 (15286)
• Palisade, Colorado
@ramapo17 I have lost some of mine too. But we manage to survive no matter what.
@ramapo17 (20009)
• Melbourne, Florida
@velvet53 That is exactly the way I feel to but my husband doesn't. I drive him crazy.
I'm not as organized as I should be and your plan seems to be working well. It's nice that your daughter and grandson are visiting for the week.
@ramapo17 (20009)
• Melbourne, Florida
We are enjoying them. My grandson is one of the funniest kids I ever met. He keeps us laughing. He has been this way since he was a baby and now at 16 and over 6 feet tall he still keeps us laughing.
@ramapo17 it's nice that your grandson has a great sense of humor and can keep you all laughing
@ramapo17 (20009)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Marilynda1225 Both of my grandsons are like that and are always showing my husband and myself affection. The oldest one is 20 and the younger one will be 17 in October.
@vsai2008 (7582)
I am not as organized as I would want myself to me, I will try changing that soon Its always better if we are organised
@ramapo17 (20009)
• Melbourne, Florida
You are right but if it doesn't bother me and I know where my things are it shouldn't bother anyone else.
@vsai2008 (7582)
@ramapo17 Good for you, if you are happy that way then no problem LOL
@vandana7 (58880)
I used to do that when I was in office. But nowadays, I just jot them about three or four at a time or keep four at a time in my mind so that I am getting those out of way. If anything has to be accommodated in between then I will have to do that too. :)
@ramapo17 (20009)
• Melbourne, Florida
I guess we all change as we get older. Sometimes I get in the list mode and have lists all over the place.
I am pretty organized for the most part. =) I write things down all the time, it helps.
@ramapo17 (20009)
• Melbourne, Florida
I do to and then I forget where the lists are.
@holdoors (1675)
I am organized for certain things.
@ramapo17 (20009)
• Melbourne, Florida
At least that is a start.
@Hate2Iron (7299)
I think that I'm the most organized person in our family... hubby the least! Our daughter is right in the middle.
@ramapo17 (20009)
• Melbourne, Florida
My husband is the most organized but I can find anything if I have to even if it is in a pile. I drive him crazy. My desk is a mess but I know where everything is.
I am organized to the point of compulsion.
@ramapo17 (20009)
• Melbourne, Florida
I know that feeling.
I'm organized, but not like that with plans.