Jennifer's cooking adventures: The results of my lasagna roll ups

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Sorry, it took so long to write this. I got busy for a bit. Now a here to discuss my lasagna roll up results of a recipe when I never tried anything like this by myself! I took them out at four hours exactly, and they were cooked enough! I took them and put all but a half of one in three plastic storage containers. They are in the refrigerator until I decide to eat them. Probably around five this evening as I eat at 4 pm usually and get quite hungry by 7 pm. i don't know f it is because i have not had a proper meal in a long time or what? But tonight I am eating well! I had a half of one, and it was absolutely delicious and tasty and great tasting all around! I have a folder i have been copying recipes for some time. I get recipes off the internet and the emails that send me numerous recipes each one on a daily basis. I am now starting another Keeper recipes folder, and this one goes in that! I am quite pleased but am trying at least one new recipe a week. This week will be two recipes as i am trying a Mexican style tater tot casserole, again in the crock pot. I should be making it by Friday!
I love recipes that turn out so well ! It's a joy to collect the "keepers"!
Yes, that is what I thought too, I will keep a separate folder for these recipes!!
@Marty1 I should organize recipes like you do! For years I've printed these recipes and dumped them in a recipe pile that sits on a shelf .
@much2say I am just starting to organize as I have lost recipes and couldn't find them online again! I found the recipes after a week of looking!! I am trying to get organized! Honestly, I almost didn't make my lasagna roll ups yesterday till I found the recipe again as I was panicking as I lost it and already bought the ingredients! My mom had many boxes full of recipes she would cut out of magazines and print and never organized them
I'm so glad they turned out well, I knew they would! =)
Thank hu so much for your vote of confidence! I am trying to hold myself back from them until 5 and have a half hour to wait! Yikes, seems like forever!
@Marty1 Your welcome! I understand dinner seems like forever away for me too right now thinking about my taco salad!
@LovingMyBabies I cheated and had dinner a half hour early. So now all the food is eaten, and the dishes were done and am closing up the house to spend the night in my room getting ready for sleep! i will be on my lot for some of that times can't seem to stay off of it! =)
Glad you had success with those great-tasting lasagna roll-ups!!!
Thank you, they are a success for sure!
@Platespinner (18095)
Congratulations on your culinary success!
Thank you! I am really getting the hang of this thing called cooking! I might have latent skills I didn't know I had!
Congratulations Jennifer, I was sure your lasagna would have been a success.
Thank you and i mam glad for your confidence in me! I didn't have as much confidence in myself!
@Marty1 You should be more confident, as you can see you succeeded and you prepared something very good to eat.
@kobesbuddy (17090)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@LadyDuck Jennifer is turning out to be an EXCELLENT cook!
Lasagna roll ups? That sounds interesting. I love Mexican food so your casserole sounds good.
I think I may have read a lasagna roll up recipe in the past and didn't make it. It is when the noodles are boiled, then the noodles are spread out, and the cheese mixture is spread on it then the long noodle is rolled up and presto you have a lasagna roll up! They all go on the sauce and are cooked that way! I am not sure what the tater tot casserole will taste like as i have to put in enchilada sauce and I never tasted that? I am hoping it comes out yummy! If you didn't live so far, Iwould love to have you over for dinner sometime and try out a new recipe for you!
@Marty1 .....Anything with tators is good.
@celticeagle I agree! I was drawn to the recipe because it has tater tots and i love those! I could eat those daily and not get tired of them! What way do you like to eat potatoes the most? I love tater tots and home fries in a patty form
• Richfield, Utah
Sounds great! I love doing my crock pot meals, so tasty
What are your most repeated crock pot meals? Or are you trying to have a different recipe a week as I am doing? Well, two this week!
• Richfield, Utah
@Marty1 my most repeated is usually chicken fajitas or chicken pot pie. I do ham once a month.
@librarygeek1980 I never tried any of those but will get to them eventually! I am interested in the ham one you mentioned?
It sounds yummy. I wish I can have a bite.lol
I would love to have you over!
@Marty1 So sweet. I will if I have the chance, my friend
@Shavkat sounds good!
So glad it came out good!
thanks! Yes, not bad for a first time! I am pleased and enjoyed them for my meal last night!
Sounds pretty good love lasagna.
i love lasagna too! I made these first as i had a whole container of ricotta cheese and i didn't want to keep it past today the expiration date! Glad I tried it!
That is wonderful! Soon you will have so many recipes, you will have to organize those!
I have a lot of folders so was thinking of organizing them by main ingredients! I am going to copy some more recipes tonight as I think I might have my mom's ability that has been latent for me for almost 46 years! I love cooking!!! I am going to attempt regular oven cooking, too! I have been acting very wild like this since I hit middle age!
@RubyHawk (21451)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That's wonderful. Good luck with your cooking. Enjoy making all your good recipes. I used to like trying out new recipes, but now I make simple meals for just the two of us. Your lasagna sounds good.
Thank you! I have not been able to cook anything lately as I did not get to the grocery store for two weeks My sister is coming soon to take me, so I will be getting groceries for something else to cook. Just not sure what. What is an example of a simple meal for you to cook? Do you cook just enough for the two of you or do you have a ton of leftovers as I do? It seems like I will have a lot of left overs to freeze in my cooking experiments?
@RubyHawk (21451)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Marty1 I don't have many leftovers. wnen I do I use them to make soup. A simple meal would be carrots, green beans, veggie patty and cake or pie for dessert. Not at all difficult. I use fresh, frozen or canned.Very easy cooking and cleaning up. Sometimes I get a frozen cheese pizza and cover it with veggies. I sometimes cook rice, whole wheat spaghetti to go with veggies, or make pasta salad with veggies. I also make lots of green salads. I hope this helps.
@RubyHawk this helps greatly! i never thought of putting veggies together as you do! I am trying to eat vegetarian with the long-term goal of going vegan! i never thought of eating several veggies at once. Thank you as you really helped me! i am going to try it! Do you make rice boiled in the bag or regular type of rice? I have i some of both i think? My mom always made boil in the bag, but we only had rice mixed with meat for stuffed cabbages.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
This sounds interesting and good. What all did you put in it? My daughter in law loves to try new recipes. I am always looking for recipe boxes for her.
I put in ricotta cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and it said to add italian seasoning but am afraid I could not fund it in my cabinet and did not season it. I don't remember all the things? Will have to look for the recipe as this a couple of months ago
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
@Marty1 Ok. I can go online and try to find a recipe.
@velvet53 I am going to look for the recipe for you! I just am not sure where I put the folder as it is a folder for recipes I would consider making again. I don't plan on it soon as I want to experiment with different recipes and new ingredients I have never tasted in the past. I have tasted lasagna but never rollups in the crock pot before! I never made any type of lasagna in the past. I ate frozen ones! I will look for it soon!
@mandala100 (25012)
@Marty1 Thank you my friend for this interesting post about lasagna recipe.
You are welcome, my friend!
@mandala100 (25012)
@Marty1 Ok then my friend and I'll see you around.
@mandala100 will look forward to seeing you around!
@kobesbuddy (17090)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Jennifer, you did an excellent job, that's great! Glad to hear that this new recipe turned out delicious:)
Thank you! I am happy with the outcome! It was really yummy!
@kobesbuddy (17090)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Marty1 Hey, you will need to comprise a cookbook, for slow-cookers!:)
Glad you were happy with your lasagna roll-ups. Can't wait to hear about the tater tot casserole
I will post about the tater tot casserole for sure! I am making it Thursday or Friday? I a going to get the meat fried tomorrow and then do it later in the week!