myLot earnings: $610.00 in two years

By JJ
But it has taken me much more than 61,000 minutes of time invested here...the figure is probably over 200,000 minutes. Because even though we don't get paid for our own activity, people can't interact with us if we aren't acting. But this is overall activity, which includes responses to discussions other people have posted as well as comments on my own discussions + comments to responses on other discussions. I've had this particular account 19 months now, and have earned almost $500 of the total with it, the rest being earned when I was PhredWreck/SomeGuyTyping. And I am not the highest earner here. But I want to stress one point: It is NOT true that "the more discussions you post the more you will earn" Because I have had days where I posted 8 discussions and earned less than 60 cents. And I have had days of over $2.00 posting only three discussions. The content of anything you write...discussion/response/comment...is way more important that the number of things you write. (I've said this so often I probably sound like a broken record) (Broken records are a disaster!) But having said all this, I am still not going to call myLot an 'earning site'. After all, we're talking an average of 18 cents (possibly much less) per hour of time spent here. But then again, I'm not offering to give my earnings away, either. But you will only get (money) what you give (time) here. None of us will get rich, or even make a living on myLot. But we can still have some fun. And THAT is what brings me back. (Okay, yeah, the money might influence me too. )
@vandana7 (56684)
I hardly earn anything here. My total earnings here since myLot's resurrection are $116.4560, including current month's earnings. But I am here, ain't I? LOL
@sishy7 (25555)
That is still way better than my $82.4776 and I'm maybe here more than you...
@vandana7 (56684)
@sishy7 .. Oh yes..the myLot stalker..ghost who reads..instead of ghost who walks..lol
@sishy7 (25555)
@vandana7 I should have been a ghost who talks...
• Marion, Kansas
GenerallyI do not keep track of what my hobbies pay me, because then they become a job. MyLot is my hobby and I do enjoy it immensely. But do not take away the small monetary incentive.
myLot keeps track of it for me.
@dodo19 (27125)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Sure, the money is nice, but it's really more of an added bonus. I think having fun and the interaction we have is the main thing.
Oh, if it wasn't fun, you couldn't make me be here for that price.
@dodo19 (27125)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@JolietJake I wouldn't be here either.
@xtedax (113)
• Quezon City, Philippines
Thank you for this information. I've been a myLot member for a very long time now. And yet, the most I've cashed in is only $10. It's all because of my frequent inactivity. There were days when I'd post lots of comments and discussions, and there would be months wherein I won't even log in to myLot. I guess now is the time to come back and be active once and for all. I also believe that the content of our comments are what makes our earnings bulk up.
The better the content, the more interaction you'll receive, the more interaction you receive, the higher your earnings will be.
@spaceseed (2925)
You forget to mention enjoyment you get here
Did you not read the last three lines?
@spaceseed (2925)
@JolietJake oops, you have mentioned the fun involved. I really had missed last few lines.
@millie02 (5654)
Yes, it is more important to have fun, the money is just an extra bonus.
For 18 cents an hour I'd better have fun
@nomus24g (15023)
and what's Scar's share out of this whole amount
It's a 70/30 split with him getting the 70%
@nomus24g (15023)
@JolietJake and what he intends to do with that amount
@JolietJake Only 70%?
@vsai2008 (7632)
I like the interactions, cents are welcome though
I'd still be here without any money...but I wouldn't be here as much probably
@vsai2008 (7632)
@JolietJake Same here, I might not be that active, but I will be here for sure :)
@Shiva49 (9008)
Good to know of the earnings potential here. I know you are among the highest earners here and advise newbies to be realistic. I like to interact across borders and feel the oneness of humanity with all its quirks - siva
True, the potential is there to earn, but realistically, most will earn much less.
@Shiva49 (9008)
@JolietJake To make a living from online sites is next to impossible for most. I recall one who should have made over $1,000/ month at Associated Content/Yahoo Contributor Network going by page views - siva
Broken record . . . broken vinyls sure will not do . I guess I do count this as an earning site . . . only because I do earn "something" . . . even if it's just some cents . . . or even some fun!
Luckily I haven't broken one in a long time, but I've had a few close encounters
Other writing sites I have been on weren't exactly big earnings either. In fact I got zero on the last one. I still wish we could receive a token penny for each discussion we post (with an imposed limit to thwart the serial one sentence nonsense posters) but one must accept myLot and take it or leave it as is.
Back in the olden days of yore (which is completely different than the olden days of you're or your) we used to get basically a penny for anything we wrote...discussion, response, or comment. Myself, I earn much better these days than I did then, because it would come to basically $335.46 right now instead of almost $500 ($499.05 at the moment for this account)
A-M-E-N-!!! Awesome record collection my friend!
Thanks...I'm up to 952 albums now...and growing
@JolietJake that is a lot of albums but in our lifetime we can never have too much vinyl records!
@sishy7 (25555)
@JolietJake I meant to ask, what's wrong with that Phil Collins album (No Jacket Required?) - was the cover just peeled off on that lower part of it?
@redurnet (793)
That is impressive. I don't know how some people are so active as there doesn't seem to be endless opportunities to write.
There are almost 3,010,000 discussions to respond to...
@redurnet (793)
@JolietJake There doesn't seem to be a lot of new discussions but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place!
@redurnet There are between 250-350 posted every day if you scroll through the 'Most Recent Discussions' list under 'Explore'
@EddieHands (31285)
that is not bad for kicking back in a comfy chair.. sipping coughee... and chatting online!!! did AOL chat... or facebook pay us that much to chat?? I don';t think so! lol
OMG!!! You spelled coughee right! I don't think hardly anyone else does!
@EddieHands (31285)
@JolietJake i have a very good memory...
I mentioned this ratio of your earnings on one of my discussions. I'm glad to have found you again, I'll follow you now.
The only reason I earn this well is because of time invested...plus I have been here almost 11 years now so I am fairly well known, which helps in receiving interaction as well.
@JolietJake That's a long time and a lot of time lol
@fluffysue (1430)
I don't post consistently enough to earn any money here, I haven't even earned enough to cash out yet. I do not recall if I ever cashed out when I was on mylot earlier, but whatever I had leftover, I think got lost when the system was revamped (it wasn't much). So I really don't come here for the money, obviously. I like to post things here that I wouldn't post on Facebook for whatever reason, and interact with different people. By the way...that is quite an impressive record collection!
Thanks, I've been collecting off and on since I was a teenager
@wongchoiyee (6158)
I just not being here too long, I have cashed out 5 times already, and I am going to make payout this August, hopefully so.
I wish you the best of luck
@thelme55 (10828)
Hmm....I don't think I will earn that much here. The important is, we have fun here when we are mylotting.
Without the fun it wouldn't be worth it at all
I don't earn much as it was before either. But i would have earned more if I was active more.
I earn much more than I used to earn in the old version
@Gillygirl (15259)
• Sutton, England
Yes myLot is more a fun site than an earning site. Interaction is so important and it helps when you get to know other myLotters well.
Yeah, friendships tend to flourish here between some members