Therapy Change

Waltham, Massachusetts
The therapist I have had since December or January is an unpaid intern and she graduated with her Master's degree. She is moving out of state on Friday so this is my last week with her. I was supposed to see her today but she is sick and I will see her Thursday. She is transferring me to another female therapist who is a regular therapist. They think it will be a good match with our personalities and temperaments. The new therapist is supposed to call me this week to have a phone chat with her and schedule an appointment for next week. I hope that we will get along just like I did with the therapist intern.
I hope this goes good for you Melinda. It is not always easy to change therapists. I have to quit seeing mine that I have had now for going on 3 years. It is because my benefits do not cover all the bill anymore and I wont be able to pay it. I will do without.
• Waltham, Massachusetts
Thank you and I am so very sorry to hear that. You saw them for such a long time. I hate when insurance causes those kinds of problems. That is such a loss for you. I hope things work out for you.
@melindataylor22 Oh they will thanks so much Melinda..I hope the same for you.
• Waltham, Massachusetts
@TiarasOceanView You are welcome and thank you.
@Tracy04 (10752)
I'm sure you will be able to get along!
• Waltham, Massachusetts
Yes I think it will be all right. I will meet her next Saturday morning.
Wishing you the best of luck with the new therapist. Glad you have a phone chat coming up.
• Waltham, Massachusetts
Thank you and me too.
I do hope that all will go well with you. Your therapist looks like a very good person to be helping you through with your health care.
• Waltham, Massachusetts
Yes she is great and I will miss her but I wish her the best in her future endeavors. Thank you.
@kobesbuddy (46151)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@melindataylor Sorry to hear you're losing your therapist, but the new one will do just fine:)
• Waltham, Massachusetts
Thank you and I agree.
@kobesbuddy (46151)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@melindataylor22 I lost my beloved P.A. about three months ago. Now, I have a different one, who's just as caring!:)
• Waltham, Massachusetts
@kobesbuddy What is a P.A.? I am sorry for your loss and glad that you have a wonderful new one.