Day 3 of vacation with my family, not so good

@ramapo17 (23965)
Melbourne, Florida
My grandson and daughter are now into day 3 of their vacation. So far it has been great but day 3 was not so good for me. We all planned on going to the beach early and spend a few hours there. We cannot stay there very long as the sun is so hot and you can barely walk on the sand or sit on the beach. Luckily we have a pull/push cart that can move around on the beach very easily. It has big wheels so the cart does not sink while pulling it. The cart holds 2 umbrellas, 4 beach chairs, a small cooler and even a place to put some small surfer boards and all the towels. We planned on going early as the sun in the afternoon is way to strong for all of us. Even if we are covered or sitting under the umbrella, we can get a bad burn from the reflection of the sun on the white sand. I woke up with some sort of stomach bug and was not about to leave the house. I stayed home and the rest of them stayed at the beach for about 3 hours. They all came home nice and red. Luckily no one was complaining of sunburns as the day went on.
@vsai2008 (7835)
I hope you are feeling much better now :) take care :)
I'm sorry you felt sick and missed out. Hopefully you guys can all go again before they leave.
@ramapo17 (23965)
• Melbourne, Florida
We are going to try it again tomorrow. Lets hope I will be ok. I can get sunburn from the reflection of the sun on the white sand.
@ramapo17 sunburns ouch. Tans, yay lol
@ramapo17 (23965)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Courtlynn As it turned out we still didn't get back to the beach for one reason or another. They only have tomorrow to try again. We were suppose to go today but the weather was rainy all day.
@sishy7 (27647)
Oh, sorry to hear of your stomach bug - I hope you'll feel better very soon and be able to continue having fun on your vacation with family...
@ramapo17 (23965)
• Melbourne, Florida
Thank you. I have been find since then. One more day with the family here and then I collapse.
@sishy7 (27647)
@ramapo17 Do take care of yourself... Don't overdo it...
@ramapo17 (23965)
• Melbourne, Florida
@sishy7 I know, I am not as young as I use to be. My mom reminded me of that every time I would do something older people did not do.
I have never been a fan of the beach. When we used to go to the beaches for vacations, I only went very early in the morning, before the heat was unbearable.
@ramapo17 (23965)
• Melbourne, Florida
That is what they were trying to do and tomorrow we are going to do that again. I burn so bad and even with lotion on me. I am very fair.
@ramapo17 I have the same problem, I am very fair and I avoid the sun when I can.
@ramapo17 (23965)
• Melbourne, Florida
@LadyDuck Sounds like we have a lot in common.
Sunburn can be very bad. I know in Australia everyone is very aware of the dangers of getting sunburnt.
@ramapo17 (23965)
• Melbourne, Florida
Does it get extremely hot over there to?
@ramapo17 In mid-summer we'll get a few days over 40C (100F) but mostly it's a bit cooler than that. Our UV readings are always much higher than in the northern hemisphere though.
@Tracy04 (10804)
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully next day will be better. God bless!
@ramapo17 (23965)
• Melbourne, Florida
Thank you.
@dollaboy (6232)
I'm sorry to know about that, Please take care
@ramapo17 (23965)
• Melbourne, Florida
Thank you @dollaboy.
Oh that's too bad.