Wish I Knew Your Name

Why, oh, why did I not keep the identification tag attached to you? I was so excited when if found you, dear flowering shrub with the pretty pink flowers. I ripped off your ID tag, tossed it in the garbage right away, and stuck you in the ground. I wish in past years I had gathered up as many of your kind as possible. I would have planted you all over the place. Your pink flowers bloom all season long, and pink flowers are my favorite. You are a delightful perennial too. You will be back! I will find out what your name happens to be eventually. Next spring, if I know your name, I will hunt you down, buy as many of you as possible, and home to my gardens you all will go.
@vandana7 (56684)
May be @LadyDuck can help you out once more. I think @JaboUk could also know about it..
Yes, someone in the know here usually lets me know the identity of a plant or shrub, thank goodness.
@vandana7 (56684)
@Corbin5 .. There was GardenGerty ..I miss her.
@vandana7 I miss her too!!!
I see that @vandana7 summoned me and here I am. I think this is a Catharanthus, commonly named Rose Periwinkle. I think it is an evergreen, it is perennial and the flowers last a long time.
@vandana7 (56684)
I knew you would know the answer Anna...you are so knowledgeable..:)
@vandana7 I love so much the plants and flower and I have an encyclopedia, it's easier to look at the photos and find the names.
Yes, your knowledge of flowers makes you a go-to person. It is such a lovely shrub to me.
It certainly is beautiful! Hope you find oout and can get another and more and more of them!
I wish I could plant them all over the place. Such a sweet thing to see each day.
@thelme55 (10828)
@Corbin5 yes, Periwinkles are beautiful flowers and easy to grow.
@Gillygirl (15259)
• Sutton, England
The flowers look familiar but I can't remember the name. Lady Duck may know.
Yes, someone here probably knows its name. It sure is a delight.
@thelme55 (10828)
@Corbin5 I know. It is Periwinkle.
@thelme55 Yippee! Thank you. I am so happy to know what it is. Next spring, I am planting many.
@Gina145 (4094)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
They're really pretty. You should try posting a photo on a gardening forum or a gardening sub-Reddit on Reddit. I'm sure someone will be able to identify them for you.
I have searched "pink flowering shrubs," but no luck yet. I will take your advice about the gardening sub-Reddit. Thank you.
@Corbin5 maybe you can try searching pink perennials?
@hereandthere I have done some searching, but will continue to do so until I find out about that flowering shrub. I would like to know how to care for it too. Thanks for your help, my friend.
@thelme55 (10828)
I think that is periwinkle flower. I have those in my front yard before.It is not only in pink color but also in white and red.
Thank you so much!! It really is a lovely flowering shrub.
@thelme55 (10828)
@Corbin5 You are very welcome
• Marion, Kansas
Hey! Hey! I am here, just horribly busy for at least one more week. You can even send a private message. This is a Vinca . Originally it only came in this really pretty blue shade. Also known as Periwinkle. Now the come in every color from pure white to a deep indigo. They tolerate all kinds of conditions. You have just given me an idea for a whole series of posts about me and flowers. Thanks.
Oh, thank you so much!!! Hooray!!! I love that little thing. I am so looking forward to your series of posts about you and flowers!! Yippee!!
@Hatley I am surprised it is still blooming in our Chicago suburb. Flowers pink as could be.
I haven't a clue what it is but it sure is pretty. Maybe spend a few hours in a nursery and even show this shot to someone there so that they can tell you what it is, they should know, don't you think?
Great idea my friend. I will just take my phone and ask a pro at the nursery. Thank you!!
I hope they have dozens of these beautiful bushes @Corbin5 and You're very welcome.
• Riga, Latvia
Lovely pink flowers. Hope you find out what they are called. Why not pluck on blossom and take it to a garden supply store and find out what it is.
Yes, I will have to bring a blossom or the photo to a pro to ID that sweet thing.
• Denmark
You can always ask in a gardening centre. Show them a photo. I'm sure they can help you.
Yes, a pro will have to help me out with this one.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Oh no lol..too bad you had thrown away the tag Deborah. I am sure someone here may know the name of the lovely little plant.
Well, since I have a photo, users here suggested taking the photo to the garden center and asking a pro about its identity. Did I think of that??? No!!!
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Corbin5 No hahaha
@dollaboy (6337)
Yeah these are very nice flowers and surely made me feel good at one sight
It just looks like a happy flowering shrub all the time.
@vsai2008 (7632)
I love the flowers, very pretty, i hope you know the name of the flowers by now :)
Yes, users here say it is Periwinkle. So good to know its name.
@vsai2008 (7632)
@Corbin5 Yes, it is always good to know about our plants in our garden :) I hope you are doing good today :)
@vsai2008 Yes, my friend, it is a good day. Wishing you a good day too.
It kind of looks like a petunia could that be it?
It does look like a petunia. Those in the know here say it is Vinca a.k.a. Periwinkle. Now I know what it is. Whew!
@Corbin5 Mystery Solved!
@Freelanzer (6363)
It is beautiful. I have that issue from time to time where I forget the name of a plant I bought
Users here say it is Periwinkle and that it comes in white, blue and red too.
@Corbin5 That is good to know.
@Ithink (4641)
I have done the same thing! Mine don't last that long thou, would love to find one that does. Although hubby just brought home one that seems to be flowering longer. It is really pretty and pink too!
I do love the pretty and pink ones. Users here have told me it is Periwinkle. I like that name.
@Ithink (4641)
@Corbin5 I will have to look out for that one!
@velvet53 (15373)
• Palisade, Colorado
It is pretty and I see that you did find out its name. Hopefully we will see pictures next spring of them everywhere in your yard.
Yes, the former owner created 5 perennial gardens in the front of our house, so I will put one in each garden to brighten things up all season long.
@velvet53 (15373)
• Palisade, Colorado
@Corbin5 They will look so pretty.
I do the same. If you find out the name, please let me know!
Well, our wonderful @GardenGerty identified that sweet thing as Vinca a.k.a. Periwinkle. It comes in many colors. Next season, I am planting these all over the place. It has flowers throughout the season and is a hardy perennial. I love that little thing.
@Corbin5 Thanks for letting me know. I will try one next year and see if the deer gobble it up before I invest in more. It's a beauty!
not sure.Will have Mike take a look at it to see if he can identify this.
Thank you, my friend. It really is a lovely flowering shrub.
@bluesa (10582)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh, they are pretty! I hope you can find their name and have a few more of them in your garden. :)
Users responded with taking the photo to the garden center and asking a pro. That should work.
@bluesa (10582)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Corbin5 , yes, that does seem like the best thing to do and then they can find a happy home in your garden. :)