Come On Now and Shout

Daytona Beach, Florida
The Isley Brothers came out with a super song when they recorded “Shout” in 1959. Soon everyone was jumping and shouting and this song became a part of a lot of celebrations and weddings. It is the song that first came to my mind in the wee hours of the morning. I will try and tell you about my crazy morning in my own way. First of all let me say that after so many years of being blessed by good health my hubby and I have always counted our blessings. In fact I cannot even remember the last time we had a virus or even the flu. So now after all this time when Martin came down with pneumonia his body is having a hard time shaking the darn bacteria that have attacked him. Presently he seems fine and he has an appetite but then his fever spikes up and down. We will have to consider plan B after this week if everything is not over and done with. Now back to shout. Three o’clock in the morning he needs some hot tea because he is feeling cold. Well I can understand that but I am half asleep still. So down the stairs now shout, boil the water shout and up the stairs with hot tea shout. Finally back into bed the cat wants some loving and a snack. Get up now and shout, feed the cat shout, run about until you can lay back down come on now and shout. Well you get the picture and why this song was in my mind. Then it was back to running and doing and luckily for once he was hungry for some breakfast. Once I came back up I decided that heck with sleep I would take a look online and then lay down later. I figured it was already past eight but everyone including our four footed one had started before seven already. So come on now and shout, lift up your hands and shout etc. etc. etc. Finally having some PC time. In the photo you see Sid having joined his papa among the bed blankets and getting ready to have some sleep. Do you have some really hectic days as well when you feel like come on now and shout?
The Isley Brothers are a highly influential, successful and long-running American music group consisting of different line-ups of six brothers, and a brother...
Shout is very popular at parties and weddings and it's one song that will get everyone up to dance. I can imagine how you must have felt at the wee hours of the morning when you were going up and down the stairs taking care of hubby and Sid. I'm sure everyone went back to sleep except you
Yep, story of my life right now but what can you do @Marilynda I'm sure better days will soon be here. It's usually just Sid that can drive me up the wall.
@mandala100 (45914)
@RasmaSandra Thank you for this post/discussion my friend and for the sent link.
Oh, you and hubby are really having a hard time of it. Wish he would get over the pneumonia. And Sid, well what's a kitty to do but go for some loving and a snack. I do love this song. It is the best of the best.
Well once I got the song going it did chipper me up. Yes, times here are tough and poor Sid just keep getting in the way of everything @Corbin5
Aww, you are having a rough time being a caretaker. Sid is being a beautiful nurse. lol I went through those moments last August 25, when my husband had neck surgery. It's been a long haul, with another year to go. So, yes, been there, done that. I'm sure your hubby would do the same for you. Hugs!
Thank you @DianneN hugs right back to you. However we both know that if he is still not really on his feet by next week we are going to need to rethink the whole thing and probably he'll need a real check up.
@vandana7 (66037)
Aw...hope your husband is feeling better. And you take good care of you too. Ok? Love..hugs..tc
Thank you @vandana7 I am trying to hang in there. Love and hugs right back to you.
@dollaboy (6223)
Very nice cat you have, Sandra
Thank you he is a darling despite getting in the way now and then @dollaboy
That song was also recorded by the Beatles and the Temptations I think.
Hey thanks you're right @Kandae11 The Beatles did do it and I love their version. Look at Ringo banging those drums.
Originally recorded by The Isley Brothers and released in 1959. The Beatles also featured part 2 of the song in their stage act, and an appearance on Ready S...
A classic much covered classic. I want to shout at the moon sometimes.
You shout I howl on a good full moon night @JohnRoberts
• Preston, England
yes I quite often rage againt the day - hope your husband recovers soon
@divalounger (2252)
Hang in there Rasma! I hope Martin feels better soon! In the meantime, maybe dance a little with that shout"!
@velvet53 (16987)
• Palisade, Colorado
I remember this song very well. shout. I love the way you wrote about your sleep time and all. So keep on shouting and keep your spirits up. SHOUT!
I do have crazy days and this is one of my all time favorite dancing songs.