The Night Before the Colorado Classic

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Years ago, in the 1980's, Colorado hosted a professional bicycle race called the Coors Classic. Due to insurance reasons, the race eventually folded, with no replacement. A few years ago, while he still had clout, Lance Armstrong used his influence to bring the USA Pro Challenge race to Colorado. It lasted a few years, until sponsorship pulled out. Tomorrow marks the inaugural stage in the new Colorado Classic race. Yes, we will be there. What is important about tomorrow's race is that the women are racing as well. The women's pro circuit needs all the publicity it can get. We will be there for both the women's and men's races. In the meantime, the photo is from the USA Pro Challenge a few years ago. It's a good indication of just how fast they are.
@FourWalls (12948)
I was in a restaurant the other day and saw professional darts and professional arm wrestling on TV. Yet professional bicycling has a tough time? What did I miss here?!
Sylvester Stallone trying to be the arm wrestling champion in Over the Top put the sport on the map!
Cycling in America was really only showed on TV a lot was when Lance Armstrong was winning. But the women are rarely shown on TV.
@FourWalls (12948)
@LoriAMoore -- getting high on Diet Coke, no ice.
Enjoy the races!
Oh, I plan to.
The photo certainly shows speed.
It's unbelievable just how fast the pro's ride. I couldn't match them on my best days. I guess that's why they're pro's!
@teamfreak16 While we were driving in the mountains I often thought about the Tour de France and how fast they must have been going down some of those hills. I guess maybe they had ridden them beforehand but even so, it would have been pretty scary.
@JudyEv - A lot of them recon the course during the off-season. Even so, Ritchie Porte proved that they can still have a nasty crash despite it.
Enjoy the race! Don't make the lady racers mad by playing Fat Bottom Girls to loud!
I guarantee none of them had a fat bottom!
@dollaboy (6245)
That would be exciting and good. Lance Armstrong was always a legend and he always will be
Even though he cheated, I still like him as a cyclist. I don't like how he bullied people, though.
Glad you got your race back and hopefully you can keep it active for a while.
I certainly hope so.
That's pretty awesome news enjoy.
I did, thanks. It was a lot of fun.