I See Dead Strays

@holdoors (1664)
Malaysia
I have no idea why the number of carcasses on the road has increased recently. Why are drivers hitting the stray animals with their vehicles frequently? Poor creatures. Disowned and left to fend for themselves. The authorities need to do better.
@ilocosboy (37392)
I have experienced with our dogs bumped by vehicles because we're just beside the national road. I observed when cats run in national road at night but when an incoming vehicle passby, the cat stopped at the center of the road because of the headlights of the vehicles which result to be run over of the cat.
@holdoors (1664)
Some might happen at night but there are also cases of strays getting hit in bright daylight.
@peachpurple (12770)
@holdoors Yes, it happens when the drivers are speeding.
@ilocosboy (37392)
most of the incidents happened at night especially for cats, dogs get hit in the road at daytime when they lose from their house.
@dollaboy (6153)
The Authorities and people at large scale should help to solve these problems
@holdoors (1664)
Yes, they should do more. It is saddening to drive the past and see the carcasses on the road.
@dollaboy (6153)
@holdoors hope many get aware of that
@tzwrites (4954)
People don't drive carefully enough.
@holdoors (1664)
I would say they do not care.
@sishy7 (27598)
That is sad. Perhaps drivers didn't see them, especially at night time...
@holdoors (1664)
Well, sometimes they just do not care even in daylight.
@Tracy04 (10815)
Let's hope the authorities do better next time.
By law, dogs and cats cannot roam free here. All have to be on-leash if out and about or in fenced yards in which they can play and enjoy the outdoors. Saves a lot of lives.
@peachpurple (12770)
I agree with you. The Malaysian drivers are reckless and inhuman towards the strays. Cats are small creatures, yet they should not speed on small lanes or two way road. Stray cats are commonly seen at restaurants, so drivers should try to slow down the speed of their vehicles. As for the authorities, if you call them, they will use the shotgun, shoot at the cats and say bye bye instead.
@else34 (13602)
• New Delhi, India
@holdoors While going to my workplace I also see carcases of stray dogs lying on the road.