I Get The Award Today For Biggest Dummy

If they were giving out awards today I'd get the one for biggest dummy. My printer ran out of ink so I ordered two new cartridges last week (one color one black). They came yesterday and I took out the old cartridges and replaced them with the new ones. I needed to print something and although the printer seemed to work the paper came out completely blank. I tried it one more time and the same thing...a blank paper came out of the printer. Since I'm a dunce when it comes to figuring out why this would be happening I had to wait until my daughter came home from work to see if she could figure out what the problem was. She tried it the same as I did and the paper once again came out blank. The she asked the million dollar question..."mom did you take the protector strip off the cartridge before you put it in the printer?" Of course I did I said. She opened the printer and took out the cartridge and lo ahd behold the strip was still intact on both cartridges. I could have sworn I did but I guess I didn't. No wonder the printer was sending out blank pieces of paper. It was probably muttering to itself...dummy! how do you expect me to print without ink Now the printer is working fine and I feel like a dummy
I usually get my husband to change mine, only because I need to make him feel useful LOL!
It happens, you think you did everything as per the instruction, but a little detail ruined your good work.
Good thing my daughter realized the mistake or I'd still be wondering what the heck was wrong
@Marilynda1225 Small mistakes like this one may cause a big waste of time searching for the problem.
Yeah that little strip can be baffling huh.
I never even noticed that silly little strip before
No need to feel embarrassed. You're not alone!
Guess its an easy mistake to make
I would have done the same. I win that dummy award more often than not. Hooray for kids!!
I have done a lot of things especially while Tony has been talking non stop but this no. I wont say never cause ya know, then it`ll happen.
It happens to the best of us. Lol. I'm glad it's working now. =)
@Platespinner (16505)
Don't feel bad, the last time I needed to replace the ink cartridges in ours I ordered the wrong ones, opened them and got a rather rude surprise when they didn't fit. I have NO idea how I managed to order the wrong ones...
@sugartoes (40759)
• Greencastle, Indiana
don't feel bad I've done some off the wall stuff in my life time too. so your not the biggest dummy, anyone could have done it too.
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
It is surprising how easy it can be to make such mistakes. Nevertheless, how dare you try to lay claim to my rightful title?
Oh wow. My moms done that once
If I am preoccupied with other stuff I am sure I would do that.
@IreneVincent (16025)
That's something that I might do. I haven't yet, but there's always the chance when I'm in a hurry.
Don't feel bad as it could happen to anybody. A few weeks ago I was trying to print after not printing for a year, or so. I was printing, and it wasn't printing the right thing, and my sister looked at it, and my computer wasn't recognized by the printer! I thought the printer was a dummy, but it was really me as the dummy in this situation!!
When I do stuff like this, which I do all the time, I think to myself that at least I've made someone else feel much smarter.
@CRK109 (14465)
Been there! Done that! Never got the award or the tshirt, but dang it if the memory won't fade!
No problem, with everything else on your mind the obvious just didn't register... I do things like that all the time, I call it a senior moment.
Oh don't feel bad. I remember changing them and opened the box and sat the new one down and opened the printer and took out the old one and sat it down and then went and answered the phone, when I returned I picked up the cartridge and put it into the computer and threw the other one out into the garbage. The next time someone used the printer I was accused of not changing the ink, but I had, and threw out the new one and put the old one back in-imagine that!
lol it happens to the best of us.
Whoops! I guess it was a case of having a "senior moment." I wish I could blame my dumbness on that..lol.