How can we can increase our typing speed?

I have good typing speed, but if don't type for a long time then my typing speed decreases rapidly. What should we do to increase and maintain proper and constant typing speed?
@sabtraversa (6383)
There are programs, even online, for practicing typing. However, I think the best thing to do is to type as often as you can. I didn't use any of those softwares, I just typed when I needed (a lot). How come there are times you don't type for a long time? I didn't know the typing speed could decrease with time, I thought all you needed to learn is where the keys are placed on the keyboard, and as long as you're a touch typist, you're also a fast typist. And yeah, you need to use all 10 fingers. But that came naturally to me, no big science behind that.
I use all ten fingers and my typing speed is quite good but after some days it's gets slow dramatically. What should i use to maintain the typing speed?
@studylove A computer keyboard. I mean, there aren't activities that are close to typing on a keyboard, so all you can do is to type on a keyboard. Unless you're a programmer and plan to code all day, if you need to type normal texts, myLot on a daily basis can be a good exercise. You can write online, but also offline, when I was younger (like a school child, really) I used to write stories and poetries on the computer. They were baaad, but they improved my speed with time. You have to type daily, even for ten minutes before going to sleep if you had no time all day, to not lose the hang of it.
@studylove I used to copy from textbooks at school, we had to copy pages and also learn to format them. I don't know if that improved my speed though, sure thing I had something to type all the time.
@mohit459 (773)
• Haldwani, India
Typing master can be used to increase your typing speed ! !! I have an average of 30 -32 wpm speed
How do you maintain your typing speed? and if it gets decreased after some time then you increase it?
@mohit459 (773)
• Haldwani, India
@studylove it remains same !! If I don't do but if will regular practice the. Easily I can manage to have 35 - 36 wpm
@mohit459 I also worked hard to manage my typing speed.
Just practice everyday sooner or later you can do it ! Like me
How many hours do you practice typing on keyboard?
@studylove everytime there is no exact time
@Tracy04 (8315)
More and more typing I guess.
How many hours of the day would you recommend to increase typing speed?
@Tracy04 (8315)
@studylove as many as you can, if you wanted to be typist, or something required as a fast typer; for me.