I made Ricotta Cheese!

Japan
Cottage cheese is expensive here, so several years ago I learned to make my own ricotta cheese, since it's similar. I take 500 ml of whole milk, add 2 tbsp of lemon juice, cook for 3 minutes in a glass bowl in the microwave, stir, cook again by 1-minute increments until curds form, then drain in a colander with paper towels. I add salt when I eat it. It's so good and has no additives! Have you ever tried making cheese?
@prashu228 (25589)
It tastes good , we make it that way. That is called khoya or mawa here. It's used to make sweet dishes
• Japan
Oh, yes, that makes sense. Do you use lemon juice?
@dgobucks226 (13308)
Never had, but looks like you had some success from the photo. Yes, ricotta cheese is very expensive. I've tried stuff like that before, but it never works for me. But your recipe looks pretty easy so I'll copy it down and try it!
• Japan
Really easy. I promise.
@Inlemay (16729)
• South Africa
I have never tried to make cheese - it looks like too much hard work. Well done on your efforts
I make ricotta at home time by time, when I need ricotta and I have not planned grocery shopping.
Gosh, that sounds so easy! I must trying doing that. I'm the only one that eats cheese in our house.
@velvet53 (17323)
• Palisade, Colorado
Oh, my daughter in law will love this recipe. I have never tried making cheese before but his is so simple that I will try it.
Nope I never tried making cheese except my mom who likes to make cheese pimiento, the one that has bell peppers.
No but I would like to try it, never know one day I would trade cheese for something I need.
I've made ricotta cheese though in a different way. It is sooooo good.
No I have never tried to make it. I really like cheese.
No I never have but now I have to try it someday soon since I know it is not so difficult. It looks very very tasty indeed. I thank you for sharing this with us Denise!! It is great that you have perfected the art of making Ricotta.
@Tracy04 (10821)
Nope. But I love cheese though
I didnĀ“t know one could make it with lemon juice
• Japan
Yes, I like it better than making it with vinegar.
@petatonicsca Interesting! And do you have to use a special milk?
@dollaboy (6153)
No i haven't, how was its taste ?
• Japan
It was really good!
Wow! I don't know that it is possible to make cheese at home. I haven't tried it yet but I would really love to try your method because it is easy. Besides, I saw your photo and this is a good proof Will it form a shape after drain it? Or you just eat the cheese like the attached photo? How long can it be stored?
• Japan
It can be pressed a bit with the paper towels to drain it more. It's crumbly like cottage cheese. You need to refrigerate it before eating. I don't think you can store it long, but I always eat mine within two days so I don't know.
• Richfield, Utah
Oooh, thanks for sharing! I'm always looking for ways to make cheese without it being a pain in the butt. I love cheese!
• Japan
Believe me, if I can do it, it takes very little effort.
I have never tried making cheese, but thank you for instructing us how to make ricotta cheese. A healthier version for sure.
@LeaPea2417 (21596)
• Toccoa, Georgia
No, I have never tried making any kind of cheese.