Hi, it's your friendly neighborhood ex-con/dope dealer here...

By JJ
Olney, Illinois
I don't know why, but it seems some people think I joke about this. I've never thought it to be something to joke about myself, but... Maybe it's because I don't act embarrassed about it. It's all part of the journey that led me to where I am today, so I don't see a reason to be embarrassed. Can a leopard change its spots? Why, certainly...with skillful application of a black marker and makeup, it can look like a completely different leopard! It can become a kinder, gentler leopard. Just remember though...it does still have teeth and is a carnivore.
I never thought you were joking but rather sharing your journey .... some have to learn the hard way.
• Olney, Illinois
And some of us need the same lesson a few times before it finally 'sticks'
Yeah, I know what you mean @JolietJake some get caught which is when the lesson really kicks in but others repeat the near misses until they finally get it if they're lucky.
Are you speaking of Scar again lol?
• Olney, Illinois
I'm about to take a marker to him, he has a ring of fur missing around his neck, I don't know if he was allergic to a collar I had bought or what but I got him a new one...it's slowly growing back now
@owlwings (38400)
• Cambridge, England
Of course, if you used that black marker all over, you'd just be a Scar-Go-Large. Definitely a carnivore (dunno about the teeth) and a cougheevore!
I am sorry if I offended you. I find you a great man no matter what your past. I am sure you are adored by Scar as his daddy! You are so kind to him I get impressed with people who love their pets more than I love Marty my hamster!
• Olney, Illinois
You didn't bother me, but I don't know why Peter thought I was kidding
@JolietJake that is good! I don't know why Peter thought that either? May be he will pop in and share?
What's done is done. You are back on your feet, you have a job, you keep us good company here on Mylot, and you have the honor and the skills to take care of the greatest cat ever lived!
• Olney, Illinois
Actually right now I am not on my feet, I am sitting on my butt
@JolietJake thank you for this important piece of information.
We all have a past of some kind. I dd things years ago I am not proud of but like you said, our past makes us what we are today. Just keep that black marker away from me!
• Olney, Illinois
But they were GREAT movies!
@JolietJake Don't tell everyone!!
@BarBaraPrz (18436)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I think that's what makes you most likeable: your life experience.
• Olney, Illinois
It's been a heck of a ride for sure...
Don't eat me!
• Olney, Illinois
Okay, that's too easy, I'm gonna behave...
I've read your stories about it - and I totally believe you. The leopard has come a long way . . . I've always felt inspired by that. I can think of a few things I'd like to erase from my past, but making them disappear isn't going to happen . . . those spots are permanently there. But a leopard can always change its path . . . and end up with a mightier roar .
I have read your comment, Peter thought you were kidding. He is new years, he surely did not read the story you shared with us. I do not know if a leopard can change its spots, but it's always a wild animal and he can show his teeth if necessary.
Wether one likes or dislikes the events of their life is really immaterial as long as they are happy in the result, since all events create the person you are today. I would not change anything in my life because I am happy the way I am.
No. I have read your bio about three times and I don't think you are kidding around with us. I'm glad you can joke around. Yes, part of that darned journey we are all on. I have been amazed at how kids can adapt to hardships and changes in their lives. So if they can surely adults can.
It sounds like your not joking. But then, we can joke of ourselves in a good way. Whatever had happened from the past can make a person having a new version of him or her.