Fed Up With Being An Adult Today! Ugh

succulents I took photos of
@bluesa (12800)
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am not feeling this Friday. After insomnia last night I have zero energy. I have quite a few things to do today. I quite frankly, like a petulant child, don't want to do anything. This day I should just be able to put on some music, go sit in the garden and drift away, never mind being an adult. Why we ever longed to be adults when we were children is beyond me. Why did we ever think it glamourous? Don't you wish we could go back to the days when we could sit and colour,  or play hop scotch or sit in a circle and tell ghost stories for hours? I am really fed up with being an adult today. Anyone else feel like that? Have a good weekend all. Photo is of what we in Afrikaans call "vetplante" and I found out the English name for this plant is a succulent. I took a photo of these along the road.
• Denmark
I feel under the weather, too. I've got stomach ache which I haven't had for years. Bah!
@MALUSE I hope you feel better really soon.
• Denmark
@LovingMyBabies Thank you!
@MALUSE Your welcome. =)
Yeah, I'm feeling the same way today. I'm emotionally and mentally exhausted lately.
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I'm sorry you're also feeling exhausted, l know you're dealing with a lot, if only we could all go on one big vacation where there are no worries. I hope things will come right for you soon.
@JeeyanDee (2742)
I am physically exhausted too. Life as an adult kind of sucks sometimes. How I wish I could back to the 6 year old naive me who thought Santa was real.
@moffittjc (35687)
• Gainesville, Florida
I don't think there is a day that goes by that I like being an adult. I think there should be a law in every country on this planet that let's us get to be kids again for at least one day each week (weekends excluded). Sometimes adulting is very hard work!
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Absolutely, you are so right when you say "adulting is very hard work." I protest being an adult! Lol! How about making a Monday the day we get to be kids again?
@moffittjc (35687)
• Gainesville, Florida
@bluesa I like the way you think! Yes, let's start our Monday by being kids again! Now that's a cause I can support!
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@moffittjc , Okay! We better gather our friends, sit on grass somewhere and start on those ghost stories, next will be breaking out the finger paints! . No working today!
@dollaboy (6323)
Photo is so mind blowing. Yeah we can still do that and i like to do that once in a while
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you @dollaboy . I haven't done any of that in too long, never seem to have the time.
@FayeHazel (11668)
@bluesa Oh yeah! Nice succulents too! Here we call the little flat ones "hen and chicks" and the long skinny one with lots of leaves "donkey tail".... funny what things are called around the world
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@FayeHazel , Oh, awesome, now I know "hen and chicks" and "donkey tail" , yeah, same plants but cool different names. :)
@JESSY3236 (5048)
I felt like that today and yesterday. All I want to do is watch tv and sleep. I don't want to work.
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@JESSY3236 , yes, I can relate. And I really would love to sleep and just relax. :)
@dgobucks226 (6713)
Not to be philosophical here, but of course I can't control myself (my inner child coming out) we always seem to want what we cannot have at present. We can't wait for that independence from our parents control, but when we become adults we realize it all isn't so wonderful after all. What do they say, the grass is always greener on the other side. Or as this brainy quote photo from pinterest says, don't spoil what you've have etc; If I could follow this advise I'd be in good shape myself BTW-I like coloring and stickball and it would be fun to return to those days, but alas, time spares no one.
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
yeah, you would be philosophical, and you're right, DB, we want what we can't have and yes the grass is greener mentality. Bah humbug . That brainy quote is quite right too, but I am being petulant here (uh, slightly over tired maybe) . Sigh, it would be fun to return to those days. Yeah, Sheesh, Alas.
@bluesa All those comments wound up being a very precise and accurate commentary on how you felt today I hope I was a little "philosophical funny," made you smile, and took your mind off your humbug of a day? Maybe for just a second, come on "C" tomorrow's another day. Happy weekend!
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@dgobucks226 yes you did bring a smile to my face with your philosophical ways DB,, thank you. And I slept last night, yay. Happy weekend to you too!
@ridingbet (37923)
i so like the pictures here. those rose-petaled succulents are amazing. i would wish to just lie in bed and play games on my phone. but here i am on desktop while my sister is watching the latest of the 'fast and the furious' movie.
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes my friend, there seems to be no rest for some of us. I hope you'll rest a bit this weekend.
@ridingbet (37923)
@bluesa i had complete rest my friend, because i was not able to log in again, for the nth time, in this site, so now that i was able to, i am here now.
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@ridingbet , good you got some rest, I am just sorry you could not log in. That is very frustrating and I know I would miss every one. I hope you'll have a good week.
Succulent is a category of plants, it's the general definition of all those plants that are drought resistant. All those in your photo are succulent, the one with long stem is an agave the others look like leather-leaves. It is so grey today that looks like November, I cannot wait to see the dinner time coming.
• Denmark
Rain and 16°C max today. A real shame. The poor people who have their summer holidays now and have to stay in their hotels.
@MALUSE We had an hail storm again today, the temperature dropped to 13º C at noon. It is true that I hated the heat of the past week, but now it's too low, summer will soon be over.
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh, thank you, Anna, I wasn't certain of their names, now I know "agave" and "leather-leaves . Sorry it was a grey day by you.
@antonbunot (9500)
• Calgary, Alberta
I am fed up being an adult, too. I want to go back to the days when I was a kid . . . when all I had to do was play and eat. No worries of what tomorrow will bring. Now that I am adult, I worry that years from now I will act and think like a child . . .
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Those were the good old days. oh my goodness, they do say we revert back to childhood, uh oh
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@antonbunot lol, the stories you must hear. I wish you many more lucid years!
• Calgary, Alberta
@bluesa Thanks! Wait, where is my baseball cap?! Could not find it! O, it is on my head!
@JeeyanDee (2742)
Yes, I get what you mean. I thought growing up has so much perks, how wrong I was.
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, we were all fooled by the idea of being an adult. Not many perks to it at all.
@JeeyanDee (2742)
@bluesa The burden of responsibilities could be so much sometimes, then again, the lessons you learn in life could be amazing too.
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@JeeyanDee that is very true. We do learn some amazing stuff as we age.
@FayeHazel (11668)
Ah yes. I was feeling like I didn't want to be a grown up yesterday. It's true. When we are kids I think we only see that the adults get to make choices. Little do we realize that with choices come responsibilities and problem solving
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yep, being a grown up seems so cool when we're young. Meantime it is, as you say, mostly, responsibilities and problem solving, ugh.
@FayeHazel (11668)
@bluesa So true, I think that is the biggest surprise to me from being a child to an adult. Is how complicated just living can be at times
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@FayeHazel , yes, I know it won't change anything, but what a pity we weren't aware how complicated it would be.
@dodo19 (28090)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
There are definitely days when I don't feel like doing anything. Some days I really don't like being an adult.
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Absolutely, there should be days we are allowed to not be adults!
@dodo19 (28090)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@bluesa There really should be. I would completely support that.
@kepweng (6349)
its looks like a carved flowers?
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
No they are not carved flowers they are just very thick they do well in dry conditions.
I don't know how I missed this discussion - probably Boston. lol Ah, those were the good old days. I loved coloring, playing hop scotch, and listening to ghost stories. I think we all feel like that at times when we're overwhelmed. Hang in there. Finish your tasks then sit down and color something pretty!
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I think so, Dianne :), you've been a busy bee dear friend. Lol, yes, those were the days. Maybe one day I will get a chance to colour again.
@Lucky15 (33694)
One of my wishes lately, the time when i just have to eat without cooking and have an allowance without working
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh yes, Reine, those are good moments to wish to return to @Lucky15 .
@YrNemo (8545)
Let say that going back in time is a big NO to me. Life is not wonderful right now to me, but at least, it is much better than my past.... My childhood was wonderful OK, but the certainty of growing up was awful too.
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I know what you mean. We are going to grow up no matter what. And a person might not want to go through the angst again.
I have the "vetplante" in my garden here. It is lovely. Yes, being an adult is not that much fun at all.
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
How cool is it you also have those plants by you :) , makes the world even smaller. Yeah, being an adult really is no fun most times.
In my young adulthood, I wished I could go back to being a kid again. Especially when I'm having some problems that I thought I couldn't handle.
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, that does seem like the times we wish we could go back, that and when feeling over tired.
A rude awakening - we are adults and we can't go back. Schedule some time for yourself, time when you do whatever it is you feel like doing.
@bluesa (12800)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Lol! Yes, but, it is no fair . I want carefree days back. Phooey it can't be so