Friday Chit Chat

Happy Friday everyone! My morning was a busy one so I'm just sitting down at the computer now and it's nearly lunch time. One of the items I had for sale on Ebay sold so I had to package it up and drop it off at the post office. While out I stopped at the Dollar Store for a few things and the bread outlet to see if they had anything good today. I was able to pick up Thomas English Muffins for 75 cents a package so I got 6 and will put them in the freezer. Now I'm back home and my daughter went to pick up my granddaughter at band camp since her mom is at work and couldn't leave to do the pick-up. It worked out well that my daughter didn't work today and could do the pick-up. My car has been in and out of the garage twice already and my neighbors must be shocked. It started off as a sunny day but the clouds are rolling in and we're supposed to get rain later today. It looks to me like we might get it earlier than expected but who knows. Now I have to scrounge up something for lunch and since it's going to rain I guess we won't be barbecuing for dinner. Now it's plan B which means something will probably go in the oven. That's my day so far...what's up with you?
I am having homemade chicken salad for lunch.
That sounds yummy! I never had a chicken salad so can't comment if I like it or not! Is chicken salad hard to make?
@andriaperry, I envy you right now!
@andriaperry I never made homemade chicken salad but my daughter makes one that is awesome. I dont' even attempt to make it since mine would probably fail in comparison. What do you put in yours?
Sounds like you had a productive morning! Oh how I wish it would rain here, but I'm sure no such luck. It's mid-morning here and we are barely starting the day. I think it'll be a library and grocery store trip kinda day for us!
Sounds like the perfect day to me going to the library and supermarkets are my favorite places to visit!
@Marty1 We were able to hit up 3 libraries! Oh but the market was too crowded . . . insane parking too . . . but we needed to go!
@much2say we had some pretty bad thunder and lightening last night (it's already Sat) and today looks pretty iffy as far as the weather is concerned. Wish I could send you some rain as we've had enough for awhile
You had a busy day. I went shopping for a new top and then into work. I thought that my start time was later then it was......boy was I ever late!
Wow I hope your boss wasn't mad that you were so late.
@Marilynda1225 Yeah, they weren't too pleased with me, they called me but I had my cell on mute. They didn't say anything, so I know that they're not too thrilled. But it was not done on purpose.
@Platespinner (17573)
I injured my pinky toe last night and as a result I've been spending most of the day on my posterior. I've gotten lots of sewing done!
Ouch! I've broken my pinky toe many times just by stubbing it on something. I can feel your pain
My Friday was run of the mill..I was going to barbecue too..but it wasn't the weather. I think I ran out of propane. The barbecue lit..but the temp never got past 100~then went off.
@dodo19 (27119)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It sounds like you had the busy day. It's raining here today. So, I think it's going to be a quiet day inside.
@Lucky15 (33763)
Friday and Saturday was spent at home and did some cleaning and doing laundry :D
@CRK109 (14381)
Great deal on those English Muffins! Not much going on here except a kitten racing around the apartment! It's always playtime these days! lol
@sugartoes (32336)
• Greencastle, Indiana
so like you have had a very good day & things are going as planed my days has been one of those days where I just didn't feel like doing a whole lot & just did what I felt like doing which wasn't a whole lot.
Happy Friday my friend and, glad to hear you made a sale.
@HazySue (15856)
You got a good deal wit5h the English muffins. You have been running around a bit. I've been here online, writing, reading, and such.
Raining on and off but still quite hot. I am working while looking at the London games with mylotting in -between.
That's a good deal on English Muffins. I bought a pack the other day and sure paid a lot more than that for them. We had a bread outlet near us at our last home and we loved getting a decent loaf of bread for less than $1. Bread around here is horrid.
Almost raining here now. Very gloomy feeling out there.
I have been my lotting and reading all morning and just got done putting a Tater tot casserole in the crock pot. I am going to check it at 4:00 pm when I have to see if it will be the last half hour of cooking as i need to add cheese and cook another half hour! looks yummy if I do say so myself =) i am going to be reading soon for awhile!
@prashu228 (20337)
My day was good. Just had dinner. Will go to bed after one hour..or so.
the day is great.Ice cream for lunch.Last day of my PT this afternoon.I love life
Ice cream for lunch! my kind of meal
@Marilynda1225 yes same here.We do this once in awhile
@sishy7 (25535)
The biggest storm of the year is supposed to roll in this weekend so I plan to stay in or maybe go out for just some grocery shopping. Congratulations on your eBay sale!
We have storms coming through later today but hopefully they won't do any damage. Hope your storm isn't too bad. I'm happy with my Ebay sale
I may go to the library later. Exciting!
I love the library so it's exciting to me
We ate out for lunch so we're just having scraps, more or less, for dinner.