Opioid Problem

@nanette64 (11319)
Fairfield, Texas
Apparently people can't deal with problems so they have to turn to drugs to fix them. Whatever happened to "pulling up the bootstraps and sucking it up?" Between 2000 and 2015, there were 500,000 overdose deaths due to Opioids; the most common one is Fentanyl. And do you know what the really disgusting part of it is? You can go online and order it directly from China. I don't understand how all the different websites can allow that. Fentanyl is a prescription med only. Fentanyl is 100 times stronger than Morphine . I'm sorry folks, but I'm in pain 24 hours a day and do you know what I take? Baby Aspirin!! There are a lot of other ways to deal with pain and taking the short cut (Fentanyl) ain't one of them.
The administration designated the opioid crisis a national emergency, which will offer states and federal agencies more resources and power.
• Denmark
I haven't heard of this stuff yet, but I'm sure it won't take long until it appears in Europe, too.
@nanette64 (11319)
• Fairfield, Texas
Already there @MALUSE .
Opioids may have played a role in up to 79% of deaths in Europe in 2015.
• Denmark
@nanette64 I'm sure now I've read about it, I'll find more info in the media.
Those numbers are mind boggling - 500,000?
@nanette64 (11319)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yep and if the US is worried about population control, they sure found a cure @Kandae11 .
The crisis has been going on for 10 years....this isn't new.
@nanette64 (11319)
• Fairfield, Texas
Very true @AbbyGreenhill ; it's just quadrupled in usage.
@nanette64 It is also more well known and talked about.
@nanette64 (11319)
• Fairfield, Texas
@AbbyGreenhill I worked for Medco Pharmaceuticals in Irving, Texas for 7 years, so yeah, I know what you mean.
There are commercials about opioids. I've never known exactly what those are, but they don't look healthy, and to know that it is a crisis like this is mind boggling.
@nanette64 (11319)
• Fairfield, Texas
A lot of doctors dole them out after people have had surgeries and instead of dealing with the pain, people will go to 'other' doctors to get them refilled. Once their hooked, they will make up any excuse to get a doctor to write another script @just4him . I know after I had my surgery for a ruptured appendix, they had me on a pain med and I told them to shut off the machine. I was cut from the belly button down to the pelvis bone with 17 staples. They asked me if I was in pain and I said yeah, but it's no biggie.
@nanette64 Wow, you must have a really high tolerance for pain. I know I have a high tolerance, but yours seems higher than mine.
@nanette64 (11319)
• Fairfield, Texas
@just4him With all of the physical injuries that I've had to deal with over the last 13 years, a 9 on the scale is normal. I learned to use mind over matter. I know that sounds silly but that's what I had to do.
Here In NH is the worst crisis on this.Why did he wait too long?
@nanette64 (11319)
• Fairfield, Texas
I do know that it was part of his plan when he ran for office @amadeo .
@nanette64 he had a plan.LOL
@nanette64 (11319)
• Fairfield, Texas
@amadeo Yeah, I know. Like I say, I wasn't a fan of his.
That number is really high! What is happening to the world? I am also in constant pain, both physical and mental, and I don't take anything! I don't even go to the doctor. I just exercise, eat healthy, have some herbal teas and hope for the best. Has the world become so weak, that they can't handle their problems anymore?
@nanette64 (11319)
• Fairfield, Texas
Your last sentence says it all @thehousewife .
Fentanyl also comes to the USA over the Canadian border since border guards are not allowed to check packages of a certain small size. That needs to change.
With fentanyl overdose deaths at an all time high, The Globe traces the lethal drug’s path from China to Canadian users
@nanette64 (11319)
• Fairfield, Texas
You got that right @Corbin5 .
@sugartoes (28763)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I hear ya on the pulling up the boot straps & dealing with it some don't take it just for pain but they like the high they get from it & I think it really is sad that people can order that stuff online.