Why are record sales so bad lately in life???

@EddieHands (32991)
Why do you think record sales are so bad these days? I love music. and I do it for fun but also make a little off youtube. But even big namesi admire say it's hard to sell records. I think it's better to just make money from youtube, and try to sell and push other products.. get commissions etc. I did sell 6 CDs from some of my fav artists this summer though! So at least some sales came in! But not the millions of sales they could pull down in the 90s..
Everyone downloads music to their iPods these days and don't buy cd's.
@EddieHands (32991)
yes exactly.. that and streaming!!!
@JohnRoberts More memory with less space, it's also more convenient for that. An iPod can store hundreds of tracks, a CD usually doesn't go past twenty (unless burned). A CD requires a device for playing it anyway.
@sabtraversa (9804)
If you can have the same music for free, on the internet, why buy CDs? Nowadays it's all about limited editions, collections and merchandise. Some want to keep the tradition by buying physical copies, and same happens with videogames, but most don't care. In the 90's I think the internet already existed, but it wasn't as fast and productive as it is today, so people could only buy CDs and MCs (cassettes). I was born in the middle of the 90's but I still remember the cassettes.
@EddieHands (32991)
Yes I remember the tapes.. and the CDs! I was a teen back then in 90s lol. I used to buy so many. Yes you could hear and record the song off the radio in bad quality. But to get the other songs.. you needed to buy the CD from the record store.. yes now I think people are lazy.. and just stream... and download stuff for free... Blessings!!!
Record (vinyl) sales are up. Of course, I guess you mean CD sales. Sales of physical music are down, as a whole, because it is easy to 'pirate' music on the Internet, so why buy it?
@EddieHands (32991)
I heard vinyl is actually is or was out selling CDs.. and digital sales! Shows the real classic records always win!
I am glad you are making money on you tube.
@EddieHands (32991)
yes it is quite fun! Blessings