Free Will to choose whatever you want but if you don't choose what I want I am gonna be pissed and punish you for it

By JJ
Even better, I already know what you're gonna do so your Free Will is actually just an illusion. So when you think you 'decide' something, it's already been decided, YOU just don't know what your decision is yet. For I AM the Lord, and I know and see All. _________________________________________________ See, this is why God and I get into so many arguments. He already knows who is gonna do the bad wicked evil stuff, but He doesn't bother stopping them. He just lets it happen. It's all part of His Plan. So He has PLANNED for innocent children to starve to death, and for people to be murdered and raped and such. And it doesn't matter if you are one of the 'faithful' or not. You can do everything He would prefer you to do and STILL wind up a vegetable in a hospital. Or worse. Of course, after you die He promises things will get better...if you've lived a life He approves of. And He has left the 'choice' up to you. Even though it has already been decided...
You see? All of this post, is exactly of what I think of God right now. Which is why I doubt lately that he even exists. That's why I get pissed off when people start preaching. Why can't they just let us be?
Maybe they enjoy telling us we are going to hell? There's a huge difference between spreading the Word of God and forcing it down people's throats...somehow many seem to miss that distinction
@JolietJake yes, exactly. And I get it a lot from my offline acquaintances also. Makes me want to turn these acquaintances to complete strangers who never heard of me.
You know, this is why I was kicked off the class many times during religion classes, for saying all those things.
@1creekgirl (8807)
God doesn't violate our free will, he just knows the future and what our choices will be. My husband and I have this same discussion at times. I can change my mind 49,000 times and God will already know what decision number 50,000 will be. That's hard to grasp, but I beleve it's true. And just because humans use their free will to do evil, that doesn't mean that God approves of it.
@JeeyanDee (2737)
I agree. Free will is given as a gift to us humans therefore we are given the freedom on whatever to do with it yet within certain rules.
I must admit that I doubted about God when studying in a Catholic school before. I tried to open up this concern with my classmates but they refused to listen. They cast so many ill words against me and tried to pull me down. I even challenge my Religion teacher and she can't answer my questions about God.
@JeeyanDee (2737)
I am a Catholic myself but I also admit that there are holes in somw of their teachings and interpretations of the bible. What's wrong with Catholicism is that they teach us to just listen to them and follow whatever they say unlike the protestants where they read and study the bible themselves. A pastor would have been able to answer your questions better than your teacher or priest.
@JeeyanDee Well, I have my own way how to understand it. I am not that religious person and always bear in mind that I have God in my heart. I had some doubts but it is being answered through my soul searching before.
@JeeyanDee (2737)
@Shavkat That is good too! Sometimes, the best way to answer our doubts is to find the answeres ourselves. I am glad that you have found it now. I did have doubts too and I can relate with you because I would pest my religion teachers until they give me answers I am satisfied with.
Is this your sneaky way of striking up a religious discussion?
The Great Spirit shows you the paths that are available when making life decisions but it's always your choice which one you want to follow.
But in reality, those choices have already been made by you, you just don't know what they were until afterwards
I donno @JolietJake it seems to me that we can make our own decisions but I suppose we'll never actually know.
@rebelann Not saying we can't make them, just saying that what that choice will be is already known/written
@shynu44 (3238)
do you argue with God face to face? LOL
We have coughee together occasionally
• Midland, Michigan
Many prophets in the Bible argued with God. At least it's partaking in a conversation.
Vatican called JJ and they want to have a word with you.
@JeeyanDee (2737)
Hi! So I believe in God and I am also very much convinced that whatever crap happens to everyone or the world itself, has a reason, and the reason will eventually be revealed. Then again, I will never force my belief on someone because other than being rude, it is also disrespectful because if someone does that to me, I too will also get very pissed. For the world to be a better place, we all have to acknowledge that each of us has his\her own ideas and point of views caused by whatever experiences we had in life. We all have to be mature enough to respect each other's beliefs.
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
At first, I thought this was going to be another Scar tale...