GOT BUD? The scent is making me high... on life!

@CoralLevang (37054)
I have not yet been downstairs to see what has opened up last night while I was sleeping. But I took this photograph of the flowers I received for my birthday surprise from my daughter, and this is what they looked like before I went to bed. I think that there are going to be three colors-- white, pink, and orange. And yesterday, when I walked in my front door, I could smell the scent of lilies filling my home. This view is just one of a couple that I took last night. I replaced the photo from yesterday's "Big Oh" post with another photo of another of the blossoms of a different color. Do you like watching flower buds open up into the blossoms?
I love lilies, they smell so good. I usually do not keep cut flowers inside the home, I feel bad cutting my flowers in the garden.
@CoralLevang (37054)
Well these arrived in a box from my daughter so I certainly wasn't going to throw them out! Haha and I will treat myself to cut flowers every so often. I had a small bouquet that included one Lily and a lot of other things that I need to pull out some of the things that are not lasting but I still have the Lily in that bouquet as well.
@CoralLevang I have cut some gladioli a couple of weeks ago, the storm had broken the stem, they looked nice in the vase.
@CoralLevang (37054)
@LadyDuck gladiolus are my favorite flower
@moffittjc (32670)
• Gainesville, Florida
I have some plants in my office at work that reasoned bloomed, and it filled my office with a very sweet fragrance. I have no idea what kind of plants they are, and although I've had the plants for several years, this was the first time they bloomed! I didn't even know they did that! haha At home, my entire back fence is covered with Carolina Jasmine (which blooms at night), and in the mornings when I leave for work the aroma of those flowers is powerful and overwhelming (in a good way). I wondered if I sat on my back patio for several hours inhaling the aroma of those blooms if I would get "high" off the scent? haha
@CoralLevang (37054)
What did the blossoms look like that bloomed. There are a couple of things that I've had that I never knew Bloom to either, and they do and they're very wonderful!
@moffittjc (32670)
• Gainesville, Florida
@CoralLevang The blooms looked like that of a lily, but the plants themselves are not lilies! I think it's some type of exotic plant that I bought at a nursery a few years back.
@CoralLevang (37054)
@moffittjc I wonder what they were
That was so sweet of your daughter to give you those gorgeous flowers. Happy Birthday.
@CoralLevang (37054)
Thank you, Susan! Did you see both pictures of the open Lily's? And did you see the picture from the other night as they came in the Box? It's amazing how big they are and they don't look like they're going to be when they're buds
And here I thought you meant Budweiser!
@CoralLevang (37054)
hahahah. LOL I would NEVER drink Budweiser.
@CoralLevang Michelob for you?
@CoralLevang (37054)
Lovely flowers. I like to watch things grow and think watching flowers bud is a fun pastime as well. Enjoy!
@CoralLevang (37054)
I will share yesterday's photo some time later today/this evening.
@CoralLevang .....Oh, good. Hope I catch it.
@vandana7 (56663)
Haven't watched them as much...but now I will. :)
@CoralLevang (37054)
Each night I will photograph them and share them
@vandana7 (56663)
@CoralLevang .. Please do..Hugs..
@Bodyandbrain (13888)
• Gurgaon, India
I love watching flowers buds open up, coming of new leaves, growing of my plants, it's all remind me the power of almighty and beauty of nature. I am so happy to know that your loved ones wished you and celebrated your birthday.
@CoralLevang (37054)
*nods* I do as well. Thank you.
• Gurgaon, India
@CoralLevang you are welcome
@YrNemo (5586)
Happy birthday, belated or not. The flowers there are very beautiful.
@CoralLevang (37054)
Thank you, Darcy. :-) ... on all counts!
I'm sure they will be so pretty when they all bloom. Lillies do smell really nice
@CoralLevang (37054)
People either love the smell of lilies or don't. There are some lilies that are really quite awful smelling, but this particular variety is wonderful
I love plants and, of course, flowers.
@CoralLevang (37054)
I love them too. I'm just not usually very good at getting them to grow or flower
• Riga, Latvia
Oh, yes. I have had lilly buds and they are wonderful to see bursting and then the scent is heavenly. Enjoy.
@CoralLevang (37054)
I have noticed however all of the pollens falling onto the table cloth!