Help - I'm fine but I'm not sure others are!

Some of the 'younger generations' think anyone over 50 is senile! Seriously, they think Senior Citizens are a curse. Well, I'll have to argue that point. But I am straying off-topic... My cousin is my age, or actually she is three months younger. I have written about her before but she hasn't been part of my posts in a while since she had not bugged me with silly emails for months...but, she's back! I received a birthday card from her yesterday. This morning I received an email from her asking if I had a birthday coming up soon. She used the excuse that she lost her address book, but if you ask me she lost her mind. In the same email she told me all about the Ravens football team and then asked if I watch football. I told her that I have mentioned to her many times that I do not watch, or care about, professional football, baseball or any other kind of ball. She told me she watched the weather forecast for my area and then she claims I live in the Central Time Zone - I don't!!!!! Anyway, I am not trying to be nasty about or to a relative....or am I? LOL Photo from Pixabay
@sugartoes (28763)
• Greencastle, Indiana
she's 3 mos younger than you & she still asking things she should know about you it seems like she needs the help to remember things wouldn't you think?
She asks but sent a card...so is she playing games, I don't know. I know her birthday.
That is quite a lot to forget, all the things that you've told her. It might just be she is getting forgetful as she is getting older. I know I am.
She has actually been forgetful for a long time.
Hmmmm, do ya suppose she was just tryin to find someone to reach out to? OR did she cornfuze you with another cousin?
She only has two other cousins, One she never hears from and the other is a male cousin who lives near her.
Oh wow @AbbyGreenhill she thinks you care.
@rebelann I am not sure about that!!
@atoz1to10 (6902)
She doesn't start loosing her memory does she? Or maybe she just try to make the conversation more interesting..
I think living alone for 69 years has messed her up!
@atoz1to10 (6902)
@AbbyGreenhill Poor her.. Why don't you try to do the same thing to her to see if she can remember anything...
@atoz1to10 That's ok....I'll stay out of it LOL, easier on me.
• Riga, Latvia
Well it sounds like she need to have a few screw tightened. Hope you don't get too bothered by her.
Nope, she is 800 miles away so I just ignore most of what she says.
How is it that she is asking but she sent a card? Or she is a bit senile or she is playing games.
She has always been slow in many ways. I don't think its an act.
@AbbyGreenhill If she has always been slow, she is her normal self.
@LadyDuck Yes, she is/was an only child and her parents did everything for her. Once she moved out on her own she had no clue what to do or how to do things. She has always asked for help with things...you know how do I bake a cake or how to dust...things that to me are quite normal w/o having to ask anyone.
@poehere (12129)
• French Polynesia
Sounds like she needs some help. Maybe she is lonely and just reaching out to a family memeber. Some people just don't know how to have a conversation. So sorry.
If she is lonely it's her own fault. She talked about moving into a retirement community but she decided against it since she said she would never leave her apartment. She's not really a people person.
@poehere (12129)
• French Polynesia
@AbbyGreenhill Yikes, this one is not good. Sorry you end up with the crap from all this. Know you can handle it and just ignore most of what she does and says.
Maybe a smidge. But she does sound a bit out there. Maybe she is searching for things to say. We always have those members of our family that drive us nuts. Gotta love them I suppose.They are family and all.
I have very little family and she is the nut of the bunch for sure.
@AbbyGreenhill ......Sounds like it. I have only my daughter and my grandkids and greats.
@LeaPea2417 (11956)
• Toccoa, Georgia
She seems like she is getting quite forgetful.
She has never been the brightest bulb if you get my meaning.
@LeaPea2417 (11956)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@AbbyGreenhill I do get it.
@vsai2008 (6059)
She is very forgetful person, I wonder why it is like that
Probably just due to age.
@vsai2008 (6059)
@AbbyGreenhill Might be, but it was a bit too much, I think, that's okay though. I hope someone takes care of her, they really need help
@Gillygirl (14766)
• Sutton, England
Without knowing her it's hard to tell. Could she be attention seeking?
No, she isn't that ... hum what's the word, smart....
Oh well, it seems some relatives do get on our nerves every now and then for a variety of reasons.
I have a long list with this particular one! Thank God we live far far far from each other.
@FourWalls (7974)
It's not the age, it's the person. I know some 86-year-olds who are active and healthy, while my dad (also 86) is moping and waiting around to die. Personally, I never had a mind, so you can't lose what you never had!
LOL - I think you have a fine mind!!!!! She is active, goes to a gym, to a pool, goes shopping every day. She finds her way home so I guess she's ok.
• Rochester, New York
It sounds like she's awfully forgetful.
Or putting on an act? I never know with her.
To be fair, alot of 50+ are. So it's very easy for us youngins to think that. But it's true that not all are. Sends a card but asks when it is? Hmm..
Yes, I was surprised to get a card and then the question...it makes no sense. Plus, she has sent me a card almost every year of my life, so she knows when my birthday is.
@AbbyGreenhill hmm. Well glad you got the card anyways.
@Courtlynn Thanks, it was nice no matter what.
I wish I don't get to that point of forgetfulness. :-/
I think the majority of us will unfortunately.
Watch out! It could happen to you too. We are not invincible.
It can happen to anyone, but as of right now I have no mental issues.