Good morning to a less chilly Saturday.

Chile
I woke up today happy. A beautiful and even warm sun brightened my room. I got up and the terrace, which I had closed with plastic for the winter, was even warm. I learned how to ask the help of the sun a couple of decades ago from an American friend. He worked at a place in the US where there was investigation about using passive solar energy. So, when my husband built this house, he used what he could from the knowledge we had acquired. In the US, specially in Colorado then, there are several houses and even a college we visited then that use passive solar energy for some of its needs. Do you ask for the help of the sun to warm up your houses? I know that in countries where winter is very harsh, that is important. Today, if the sun keeps shining, you´ll have a happy lotter here.
@hostessman (9460)
• Tucson, Arizona
i open my back door and it stays open most of the day, year around, i love the outdoors
Does that make your house more warm or more fresh?
• Tucson, Arizona
@marguicha to me it makes it fresher but maybe not
@hostessman There are ways to made houses warmer in winter and fresher in summer.
Good for you. Solar energy is great when you need warmth from the sun. We have a very old fashioned house and no means of doing much different. However our big old fashioned windows are double and in the winter when the sun is out it really heats up through the windows and that helps a lot.
When we learned about solar energy, the first thing (if you did not have much money) was to use plastic to cover the windows in the outside. There should be about 10 cm between the plastic and the glass. The sun gets trapped there by the differences of waves And the heat does not escape.
Let's hope that your sun will shine all day and make a very happy woman out of you!
I hope so too, although it is the middle of winter.
We do that as well. I like to close up the house completely in the daytime hours when it is hot out. Then open it up in the evening and cool it off. It does stay nice inside unless it is in the triple digits or higher 90's. Then I also let the upstairs warm after washing, cooking and such so I don't have to turn the heat on until November or even December some years.
That is wonderful!
@marguicha .....Yes, if you think a little and know the schedule of the house you can save a lot on energy.
Good morning! Hope the sun continues shining for you!
It stopped being warm after some time. But it is not as cold as a couple of weeks ago.
@marguicha good to know. Weather nowadays ain't just the same as before.
No, we have a gas forced air heating system that keeps us warm in winter. Not a lot of sun to be had in winters here.
Our winter sun is cold though.
@SHOHANA (7182)
• Bangladesh
Good morning to you, its already saturday night here
The earth is round, as we know
We just go with the weather.
The sun usually shines every day of the year here.