Busy, Yet Very Productive

Settling into a pattern the past few months has been a bit of a challenge for me. With moving twice and reorganizing and trying to get settled, it puts a bit of a strain on our relaxation time. And for me, I relax in the kitchen. This morning I was up at 6:15 as my husband had the alarm set so that he could go into work for the morning-they are very busy. After I got him off to work I got cleaned up and went out to get my groceries. Upon my arrival home I made a quiche-great for work-day lunches, and now have a peach pie baking in the oven. I have some ground beef thawing, which I'll make up for a late lunch here. Yes, never a dull moment, busy, yet a very productive morning. What have you been up to this morning?
peach pie this I have not made and do.Can you give me recipe on this?
I will Alfredo, I will send it to you in a pm, okay? And you critique it and send me your thoughts. This year wasn't a very good peach crop up our way, they are late, and they are very small.
@Juliaacv you can use the message to give me the recipe here.
@amadeo That's what I did, did you see it?
So glad you got so much done!! Painted the outdoor grill, watered the plants, pulled weeds, laundry and cleaned house done by me.
Wow, your morning sounds much more productive then mine does! I'm sitting here with my feet up because we're waiting for our son and his fiancée to come by for a little visit. We're both really looking forward to seeing them.
You have had a productive day and your peach pie looks yummy! I haven't done anything yet today, but I'll be heading out soon to do laundry.
Thanks, the very sad thing is that this pie will likely not all be eaten. With just the 2 of us, things go bad before they are finished. As a result I don't bake nearly as often as I used to when our son was a teenager and there seemed to be an endless supply of extra guys with hollow legs around the house.
@Juliaacv I understand that problem. I haven't baked in a long time. It's only me.
@kobesbuddy (11313)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Juliaacv Yummy, quiche and peach pie, what a delightful treat!:)
The quiche is easy to slice a piece and put into a keeper for my lunch at work. The peach pie we'll each enjoy a slice over supper tonight and probably again tomorrow night.
Your peach pie is beautiful! Nothing yet, my mornings are mixed up still so lunch is my coffee and morning. I dont know if I have ever had a quiche, what is in it?
Thank you. That pie won't be all eaten sadly. Its just too much for 2 people. I wish that they sold the roll out pie dough in smaller sizes for us empty-nesters! A quiche is basically an egg pie. I make mine with cottage cheese and asparagus on the bottom of the shell and a little feta just to make things interesting. Its so easy to get up and just cut a slice of it and put it into a container for my lunch.
Peach pie sounds good, I like peaches in desserts. I am not very productive today, a bit lethargic.
We had some fresh nectarines, and they were really sweet and juicy. I am tempted to make some nectarine tarts next weekend. I find that if the fruit is sweet enough then I can omit the sugar all together that the recipe calls for.
@Juliaacv When I use sweet fruits most of the time I skip sugar, the pies are more healthy.
@LadyDuck I had to use some in the peach pie because some of the peaches were not quite ripe and a bit hard.
@sishy7 (25573)
Wow, is that the peach pie? Looks so delicious...
That is a picture of my very first attempt at making a peach pie last summer. This one looks much nicer.
@velvet53 (15373)
• Palisade, Colorado
I remember those mornings. This morning I was out car shopping.
Were you lucky enough to buy the car the very same day you went shopping for it?
@velvet53 (15373)
• Palisade, Colorado
@Juliaacv Yes I was and it is parked in my drive way now.
@velvet53 Way to go!
Sounds like a good morning for you. I've been resting
I just got up from my little 20 minute nap. I really needed it because I was up very early, and I just finished a 6-day stretch.
@Juliaacv thats good!
@vsai2008 (7632)
It rained here in the evening. It felt good as we had few very hot days :) Got a bit of work done when the power went out, I am about to have my dinner :)
Have a nice supper.
@vsai2008 (7632)
@Juliaacv Thank you :)
Peach pie sounds really good. I ran a few errands this morning. Just want to relax most of the weekend.
And you know what? It is actually a very easy recipe to make. I just wish that Pillsbury made pie crusts that roll out half of the size for smaller pies for us empty-nesters. An entire pie isn't something that we can finish off here, it will go bad or we'll tire of it before it is finished.
I've done a bit of laundry and organized my kitchen pantry.
I'm so glad that I got so much done because now we're awaiting our son and his fiancée to stop by for the afternoon for a fun visit.
Your pie looks scrumptious! You had a very busy and productive morning and mine was just plain lazy and I've gotten nothing done except some laundry and emptying the dishwasher.
Oh yeah, I put away a load of wash, did another one, and then put that away too. I also filled and emptied the dishwasher. I'm glad that I got all of my work done, we're waiting for our son and his fiancée to come by for a visit. We're both so happy to spend some time with them.
Your pie looks very appealing to me! I do not relax in the kitchen, on the contrary, it makes me anxious to cook especially for others.
Thanks, I hope that this pie tastes as good. The peaches were hard to find. I had to go to 2 places to get some, they are very small this ear and there isn't much of a supply either. Must be as a result of the cold spring and cool summer we've had. I have always found such relaxation and great pleasure in puttering around in the kitchen, baking or making soup or just about anything. I love to entertain, so does my husband, so everything is half of the work when he helps out.
@Platespinner (17586)
I spent some of the afternoon altering a thrift store dress to fit my youngest daughter